PDA

View Full Version : The offensive line is just flat out OFFENSIVE!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Allowing 7 sacks against a team that only had 9 the entire season. Virtually no running game all day. Ben running for his life yet again. Something has got to be done with this unit and at this point I don't know what it is because every week they just don't get any better.

Ambridge
11-18-2007, 08:30 PM
The offensive line was PATHETIC today and Mangini has filled in a Blueprint to beating the Steelers that has been slowly coming together over the season which is pretty much selling out and going after Ben with the pass rush and if Willie Parker or Najeh Davenport get the ball you just tackle them along the way.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
It's been like that all season, it isn't breaking news.

Koopa
11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
all 7 draft picks need to be on linemen, and every line men we have now needs to be cut this offseason, the guys we have wouldn't be starting for teh jets.........

i can't believe faneca thinks he's worth a lot of money

i can't believe smith got an extension

marvel is a ****ing bum for a lt

and colon is all preseason hype

and i told y'all from the start mahan was a bum *** bitch, there was a reason we got him on the cheap, and there was a reason the bucs let him go without a fight...........he sucks ***

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 08:39 PM
No it's not breaking news but it's more obvious now than ever. Mahan is getting beat more and more at the point of attack then Faneca tries to help and his blocking suffers. Colon and his bonehead holding penalty, Simmons is inconsistent and hasn't earned that big contract he signed yet this year. Marvel is the only one playing remotely half decent.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
what a ****** game

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I just don't get how this unit can be this bad...oh wait yes I can it's called letting them get old and keeping the same backups and starters in there year in and year out. We draft guys who can't even make it through training camp without getting cut and overall for a team that prides itself on running the ball sooner or later it was going to catch up with us and now it has.

Irish Jet
11-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't think it was that the O-line was so bad for the steelers today as much as it was the Steelers WR's inability to get open. If you look at most of the sacks Ben did have time, there was just no one open. CBS pretty much showed that with replays. It's harsh to put all the sacks on the O-line, some of the blame must go to the WR's although our secondory played a very good game today. Kerry Rhodes is just amazing.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Trust us Irish, the offensive line was bad today and it's been bad most of the year. Willie and Najeh had no where to run and Ben was running for his life. the WR's may have been covered but that doesn't discount how often Ben was running and scrambling on plays that aren't designed to do that.

Pin some of the blame on Ben too for holding on too long instead of throwing it away.

Blitzburgh55
11-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I also think that the whole team just thought they were gonna win and wouldnt have to try

Mach1
11-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Did the OL miss the plane today or what. It looked like ben was standing behind the turnstiles at disneyland.

BlitzburghNation
11-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Well they sucked :moon: today !!!!!!!

Looks like these guys overlooked our opponent or they just played better then what they really are :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Joey Porter must be licking his chops to play us next week now more than ever :cursin:

black an gold 4 life
11-19-2007, 12:48 AM
where have u been all year irish dick?we know what's worng with us worry about ur jets, we don't need ur 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
11-19-2007, 02:20 AM
I just don't understand how they can be this bad. I mean if it wasn't for Ben's scrambling ability we would be screwed. I did not like them keeping Mahan, but I figured if they liked him it would work out. The guy sucks. Willie Colon should not be a starter at all. He gets beat time and time again. When our they going to start addressing the O-line issue.

BR7
11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Along with the Oline problems.. can the ****ing trainer get Willie some ****ing longer cleats? WTF. This dude is starting to **** me off week after week. Yeah he's a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.. IF HE CAN STAY ON HIS FEET. I can see him falling/slipping on the crappy surface in Pittsburgh, but jesus.. it's not just there.. ITS EVERYWHERE. Helloooo.. change your shoes/cleats.. SOMETHING.

DIESELMAN
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Our OL couldn't block a pack of dead dogs, 7 sacks to the Jets, 4 sacks to the sackless Browns. Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you ****ing kidding me? Playoffs?
I agree BR7, I've been biting my tongue on Willie but I'm starting to agree with Koop about him, granted its not all his fault but a good RB finds the holes even behind a ****** OL. WHERE THE **** YOU AT WILLIE? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START PLAYING FOOTBALL?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2007, 10:03 AM
IMO you can't hold Willie or Najeh responsible when they are constantly caught in the backfield. How can we expect them to gain anything when by the time they get the handoff there is already 2 players right on top of them.

Granted there are times when they make me :scratch: by finding the biggest pile and running right into it but we don't know if that's the design of the play or if it's just them not seeing the field properly. I tend to think it's the former; still though I'd hope they would have the foresight to bounce it outside. Either way though the fact that we even have a running game is a tribute to Willie and Najeh because all the yards they've gained have been inspite of the OL, not because of it.

BR7
11-19-2007, 10:13 AM
the 3rd and 2 play.. I about kicked in my tv when they 'attempted' to pass and took a sack, when clearly Najeh was moving the pile and surely had a better chance of converting to seal the deal. I agree TG, that you can't pin it all on FWP, but more times than not, before he even gets near the LOS, his runs end with the 'one cut and fall down.' I sware, he really gets on my last nerve. For me, its either you love him or hate him.. I'm on the 'hate' part of the spectrum now.

The weather isn't gonna get any better so the field is going to be less than ideal conditions and I NEVER EVER see him changing shoes/cleats.

Playing not to lose in OT with a draw play on 3rd and long.. **** you Bruce Ariens. Maybe a good call late in the game, not in OT. Nice call too end of the 4th quarter before OT.. taking a knee at mid field. Umm.. WTF.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Poor field conditions are not conducive to a style of running like FWP has but he needs to learn how to adjust and he doesn't seem to do that consistently. You can see him still try and make cuts and quick moves on bad fields that he would normally make on good fields so yes that is on him. Najeh was clearly the better style runner today and he was doing well. I was glad to see Tomlin sticking with him more in this game but IMO we didn't stick with him enough because FWP kept coming into the game and losing yards. I would hope the trainers are giving out the right cleats because most others don't have a hard time with the footing usually.

BR7
11-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree. He doesn't adjust. Like his too ****ing hard headded. I see Holmes do it once in a blue moon at Hienz trying to make a fast cut. FallingWillieParker does it every 2 carries.

Troy was less than impressive too..

jtsteeler
11-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I agree with awful play calling & that is an on going problem, it seemed to me most of the 4th Qtr. the Jets were only bringing 3 & still getting to Ben thats pathetic

Prosdo
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Troy was less than impressive too..

I love Troy, but he played like crap yesterday. He was missing tackles left and right.

NOVA STEELERS
11-19-2007, 01:51 PM
M. Smith needs to GO, there was a replay of one sack that he pushed the guy then just watched him go right into ben for a sack :banging: