PDA

View Full Version : Steelers D might be great, BUT...

AZ_Steeler
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
they have way to many stupid penalties week in and week out that keeps them on the field when they should be getting off the field. This week I'm counting 2 or 3 that have kept the Jets alive and let them put points on the board.

So, if this D is so great then why all the stupid penalties?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 08:14 PM
It's because players get cocky and lose their composure after they make a great play. Look how many times it's been taunting or a personal foul for ruffing the quarterback. This defense may be 1st in the league against the run, the pass, and points allowed but we've seen so many times the opposing offense stopped on 3rd down in the redzone only to get another chance because our defense loses it.

SteelerSteve
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
It's because players get cocky and lose their composure after they make a great play. Look how many times it's been taunting or a personal foul for ruffing the quarterback. This defense may be 1st in the league against the run, the pass, and points allowed but we've seen so many times the opposing offense stopped on 3rd down in the redzone only to get another chance because our defense loses it.I agree, stupid penalties are killer, I didn't watch the game but what would you say the number one reason to losing this game was?

Koopa
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
they are not great, they are good yeah, but far from great

our secondary allows bums to throw on us at will

so we can never be considered great

steelcitysfinestXL
11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
They are well coached which allows them to be in the right place at the right time... but we have way too much "arm tackling" going on and Troy is the king of the ARM TACKLE!!! Thomas Jones looked like a allstar against or **** poor tackling. And our oline is suspect at best and im tired of Phil Simms saying how great they are!!! This makes me sick!!!

SteelerSteve
11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
They are well coached which allows them to be in the right place at the right time... but we have way too much "arm tackling" going on and Troy is the king of the ARM TACKLE!!! Thomas Jones looked like a allstar against or **** poor tackling. And our oline is suspect at best and im tired of Phil Simms saying how great they are!!! This makes me sick!!!
yeah, the only thing I can think of being a positive of this loss is maybe our o-line coach will get off his *** and try to make something out of this line

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
So much for the "no 100 yd rusher" streak too, that went to **** today :nonod:

SteelerSteve
11-18-2007, 09:54 PM
So much for the "no 100 yd rusher" streak too, that went to shiat today :nonod:****, I cant believe that. That sucks ***.:cursin::banging::cursin::banging:

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-19-2007, 12:24 AM
So much for the "no 100 yd rusher" streak too, that went to shiat today :nonod:

So it's time to start another...:tt02::tt02:

black an gold 4 life
11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
we r 2 un discipline,we have 2 many penalties,what's wrong with us?