PDA

View Full Version : Barry Foster fans?

BB2W
11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I became a Steelers fan during the Tim Worley and Merrill Hodge eras... when Malone and Brister were at the helm.

Barry Foster is the biggest reason why I'm a Steelers fan. I think he had twelve 100 yard rushing games in his best season. He was a beast that year and I was suprised to see him fall off so quickly. They say the average span for a runningback is four years and he is a back that contributes to that stat. I still have his autograph.

His best year is something to be remebered. :clap:

I was also a big Rod Woodson fan before Foster's arrival.

BlitzburghNation
11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah,,,,,,,,Me too,I loved his running style,reminds you somewhat of the bus
Guess I'm a tad older then you,,,,,,,, :haha:
I became a fan back in '74,,,,,,,,,,Reason being The STEEL CURTAIN
Been one ever since,,,,,,,,,,,Which makes me :scratch: 43 :popcorn:

BB2W
11-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah,,,,,,,,Me too,I loved his running style,reminds you somewhat of the busHe was smaller, but he always put his head down and got a couple extra yards. :helmet:

BlitzburghNation
11-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Yep,,,,,,,,,,Just like old walter payton ~~~~ Who's my favorite RB of all time
Guess I'd have the "bus" right behind him ~~~ :bigthumb:

MDSteel15
11-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Barry was probably the best One Year Wonder for the Steel City:cope: I only say "One Year Wonder" because if it wasn't for injuries we would never have had The Bus or other greats like Bam Morris and Duce Staley.:bigthumb: Behind Franco he is definately my favorite Steeler RB of all-time.....

Stlrs4Life
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I liked Barry also, till the injureis got him. He didn't do much for the Bungles.

Dee Mca
11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I bought my dad a Barry Foster jersey. Sad to say he never got a chance to wear it before he passed away. It has never neen worn and still sealed in the plastic packaging from when i ordered it. He loved Barry next to Franco was his favorite Steeler back at that time.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Good ole "Steel Wheels" , Barry was a beast man that guy would punish the defenders. He had so much potential and the guy was the limit with him. It's too bad things didn't go the way we'd have hoped.

MDSteel15
11-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I bought my dad a Barry Foster jersey. Sad to say he never got a chance to wear it before he passed away. It has never neen worn and still sealed in the plastic packaging from when i ordered it. He loved Barry next to Franco was his favorite Steeler back at that time.

Sorry for your loss. What size is the jersey??? wanna sell it??? I'd be very interested.

Whodat
11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I guess the next question would be "any Bam Morris fans"?

black an gold 4 life
11-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Man barry foster was an beast, he was just 2 immature, he admitted it!!! but bam was great also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then there's bettis who is an beast also!!

dick rasile
11-19-2007, 09:24 AM
I loved that team to. Man they could do it all. I have a poster of those guys that was only good for a year and I had to put it away.

BR7
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I too am a Foster fan. Always will be. He's definately one of my fav backs for the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/3028/pitt-v-colts.jpg

Greygrizzly
11-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Barry Foster was a good back for a year or two. Bam Morris was also pretty good for a while. Some one mentioned Dunce Stalley he just plain sucked in my book. He was a mistake,never should have been a Steeler. But not of these guys were in a class with Franco Harris or Bettis.

MDSteel15
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Barry Foster was a good back for a year or two. Bam Morris was also pretty good for a while. Some one mentioned Dunce Stalley he just plain sucked in my book. He was a mistake,never should have been a Steeler. But not of these guys were in a class with Franco Harris or Bettis.

That was my point! If Barry stayed healthy we would never have had those guys. You can't say Foster wasn't in the class of Bettis, his injuries made his career too short. He, in my opinion was better than 'Rome....

Greygrizzly
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
That was my point! If Barry stayed healthy we would never have had those guys. You can't say Foster wasn't in the class of Bettis, his injuries made his career too short. He, in my opinion was better than 'Rome....

Every running back gets hurt. But ya just have to be able to deal with it and play in pain. That separtes the guys like Foster and the guys like Bettis & Harris from the rest.

GoBenGo
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Barry Foster was a good back for a year or two. Bam Morris was also pretty good for a while. Some one mentioned Dunce Stalley he just plain sucked in my book. He was a mistake,never should have been a Steeler. But not of these guys were in a class with Franco Harris or Bettis. Yep we should have dropped a Deuce long long ago. He was a huge dissapointment. Spent more time in sweats than in uniform. I was excited when we first acquired him from Philthadelphia, he was just warming up, then pffffffffffft( I am ashamed to say I still own a 22 jersey). Foster was awesome, I do miss him, a healthy Foster out performs Bettis, IMO. But the comparo is close. BAM was a hammer, just stupid.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Every running back gets hurt. But ya just have to be able to deal with it and play in pain. That separtes the guys like Foster and the guys like Bettis & Harris from the rest.
Well put , Griz, very well put.:plus1:

PsychoWard
11-21-2007, 04:29 PM
yeah i too was a big fan of barry i had his jersey and also rod woodson has always been my favroite steeler i had his jersey also.

K Train
11-23-2007, 07:48 PM
why all the hate on duce....the man was an animal for us his first year, he got hurt....its not his fault cowher had a love affair with him. He ran really good when he first got here, good enough to start over bettis

SteelerSal
11-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Anybody remember Fosters rookie year when he was a special teamer and he let a kickoff roll live and the 49ers recovered it for a td. I said to my Steeler buddies at the bar," This guy is a bum" and then the next year he proved me wrong by almost winning the rushing title.:lol:
He was a strong runner with great vision and it's a shame that he was immature and struggled to play in pain. I can still hear Chris Berman call him Barry "Bannana Foster" when he would show the Sunday gameday highlights.
I also remember the clip of Cowher asking him, in a game against the Jet's, if he had enough left in him to go back in and score a touchdown. He had a great game that day rushing for around 200 yds.

For haveing a short career, Foster is in my top 5 for Steeler runningbacks.:bigthumb:

Woodson_DownUnder
11-26-2007, 04:11 AM
I guess the next question would be "any Bam Morris fans"?

My word I was.. but I'll never forget the play-offs in the 1995 season.. we were all gathered at our NFL bar...cable coverage @ 4AM in the morning and the reactions of rooting for every single BAM BAM Morris yard was FULL On... I was shaking, thumping & bouncing tables with glasses on them.. almost got kicked out!! Provided the cast of 30 odd NFL fans a bit of entertainment with my PASSION.. :cope: just gimme a piece of that when I return back to the USA.. you WILL NOT be dissappointed.. a different accent with the same LOVE & GRitty Steelers Attitude can't be denied. And of course I have my TERRIBLE TOWEL!! :tt02: