PDA

View Full Version : Jets Insider Post

steelcitysfinestXL
11-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Heres a post from the Jets Insider... this guy did a pretty decent break down of our team, until he said parker wasnt a threat!!!!! Then the jackass after him decided to put his .02 in!!!!

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156709

K Train
11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Mangold will be able to handle hampton

was that a joke? lol

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2007, 04:40 PM
:rofl: Willie is not a threat!?!?!

Removing my colors for a moment... There is some truth behind that statement becasue Willie has yet to really prove himself on the road against a quality opponent. Yes he might be averaging 91 per game on the road but I wouldn't really count the 109 against Cleveland (Ranked #28 137/gm), 126 against Cincinnati (#27 135/gm), or even the 93 against the Broncos (#31 151/gm)! You take away those 3 games on the road and Willie is left with 37 yards against the Cardinals (#13 100/gm). This really goes back to last season when Willie really struggled to get it going on the road. I'm not sure if he can't find his groove or if he's just not comfortable but it's definitely something to take note of.

Putting my colors back on :D The Jets are dead last, in the league, against the run so they should realize Willie is a threat because in the three road games mentioned above FWP is averaging 109 per game. I fully expect Jason423 (of JetsInsider) to be eating his words come late Sunday night... yes Willie may struggle against the better teams in the league, but when it comes to these poor run stopping defenses then Willie eats them for lunch!! Anything less than 150 from Willie this weekend will be a disappointment!

:cope:

black an gold 4 life
11-15-2007, 04:50 PM
THERE'S AN REASON THOSE LOSERS R 1-8 MANIGOLD CAN HANDLE BIG HAMP? WILLIE'S NOT AN THREAT? ALL I HAVE 2 SAY IS THANK U 4 THE BULLETEIN BOARD MATERIAL, NOT THAT WE NEEDED ANY MORE MOTIVATION:lol::bluelol::haha:

NOVA STEELERS
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
The Jets D gave up over 200 yds rushing to a poor redskin team, anything less then 250 will be disappointing to me, espically being down here in foreskin central....... all i hear is portis this portis that, portis is a better RB then PARKER :lol: it is sooo sad they are that naive :haha:

My prediction

STEELERS - 38

jets - 9

Stlrs4Life
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
I think he did a very good write up, and he really didn't diss Parker.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2007, 08:06 PM
He did do a nice writeup on the game. As far as their OL stopping our front 3, the goal of our front 3 is not to get sacks but rather to tie up blockers for the LB's and blitzing Db's to get to the QB. Not obviously our front 3 is capable of getting to the QB but when they are doing their job the best they are hogging up the OL and creating holes for the blitzers to come through..so go ahead and block our front 3 so our LB's can have a field day :lol:

I am anxious to see Parker get some good yards on the road and really take it to the Jets D so we can wear them out. I hope we don't just come out and run the ball, we need to get up on them early and take the crowd out of it and make them one dimensional. If we can do that we should win this game.

Irish Jet
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
IMO Mangold can at least control Hampton. I admit that CH is a great player and also probably the best NT in the league, but Mangold has really emerged into one of the best centre's in the league. Every time he's went up against Vince Wilfork, he's pretty much dominated him every time. It will be a good battle though and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

K Train
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
i really like mangold, i really do...he was 1 of 5 players i wanted in the first round in 06.....but theres not a center in the league who can handle casey one on one

steelcitysfinestXL
11-16-2007, 11:49 AM
IMO Mangold can at least control Hampton. I admit that CH is a great player and also probably the best NT in the league, but Mangold has really emerged into one of the best centre's in the league. Every time he's went up against Vince Wilfork, he's pretty much dominated him every time. It will be a good battle though and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I agree with train.. i am a mangold fan ( gotta love a guy whos lil sister starts at OL on her highschool BOYS team!!!) But like train said Big Snack cannot be blocked one-on-one... PERIOD!!! im sure Mangini realzes this and will give him help at the point of attack!!! D-Brick and A-Smith will be a better match up IMUO!!! Though i still believe Smith can win his pass rush battles and not get moved off the ball on the run!! The part that really got me wat that he said "parker doesnt scare anyone" BULL$HIT!!! Willie is a threat to get to the endzone everytime he touches the ball. His vision is improving but he still has lapses where he wants to just hit the sideline to out run people!! I have seen three plays in the last 3 weeks i can remeber where a simeple cut to the inside would have scored him a long TD!!! Week 10 there was an obvious one... he hit the line and spun to the outside on a beautiful move and when he got to the CB he juked outside and was tackled 2 yds later. A cut inside at that CB and he has a highlight reel run!!! His inside running is improving, he's has less carries for negative yards this year. His vision will come in time!!!

Irish Jet
11-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Mangold may as well be on his own considering how terrible our guards are. i get your point though. Hampton is pretty much everything our defence needs. A huge dominant NT that demands double blocking. D-Rob not only doesn't demand double teams but tends to get dominated even when 1 on 1.
Doesn't Smith play LE? If so he wouldn't be matched up with D'Brick. Ferguson good in pass protection but is next to useless when it comes to run blocking, don't expect Jones to do much.

LOL at Parker "isn't a threat". That's just hilarious, don't post on Jets Insider much, Jetnation is alot better IMO.

portcityblackandgold
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
That was a good article and for the most part except the Hamp comment really gave us an insight into how pathetic the Jets are. I am looking to see if this Steeler team has developed its blood in the water killer instincts. If I'm Coach Mike I'm challenging them to deliver the knockout blow early with a special challenge to special teams. A bounty on the kick returner wouldnt be out of place. :tt02:Special teams are the weakest link in the chain right now.