PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger doesn't miss a beat & Other STEELERS News*11/17-Woodley out this week

NOVA STEELERS
11-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Thursday, November 15, 2007
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced on Wednesday, even though head coach Mike Tomlin indicated Tuesday that he might be held out of practice for a day.

“I feel great,” said Roethlisberger. “I felt better than I thought I would feel.”

Cornerback Deshea Townsend also practiced, after having swelling in his ankle following the Browns game. :crossfingers:

There were five players who did not practice at all on Wednesday, including running back Willie Parker (hip), linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring), tackle Marvel Smith and wide receiver Hines Ward (both coach’s decision) and running back Gary Russell (personal). Linebacker Andre Frazier was limited in practice with a groin injury. :cursin:

Roethlisberger was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Browns. :cope:

Roethlisberger engineered the Steelers come-from-behind win by completing 22 of 34 passes for 278 yards and two touchdown passes. He added 49 yards rushing, a career-high, which included a 30-yard touchdown run. :tt02:

It is the second time that Roethlisberger has won the award during his career, previously getting the honor in Week Six in 2004. :bigthumb: :plus1:

Tight end Heath Miller has been a huge target for Roethlisberger this season, not just because of his stature at 6-5, but because he rarely misses anything that is thrown his way. Miller has 31 receptions for 421 yards and is tied for lead with Santonio Holmes with six touchdown receptions. :clap::clap::clap:

Roethlisberger knows how valuable the third-year tight end is.

“Heath Miller is a Pro Bowl tight end,” said Roethlisberger. “He is a weapon down the middle. He is a weapon in the red zone. I love having him on my team. He opens the field for the receivers and the receivers open the field for him. It’s fun having those guys to throw the ball to. :helmet:

“He is a guy when you get in trouble you can find him. He’s got big hands, he’s a big target. If you put it close to him he is going to catch 99 out of 100 passes.”

Looks like on the injury front for the most part will be going into the Meadowlands looking good.......

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :helmet:

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Hopefully the Steelers can get out to a huge lead early this weekend so they can rest some of the starters who are banged up :bigthumb:

GoBenGo
11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
:bigthumb:Pretty good report. We should win this game easily:crossfingers:. The Jets look tailor made for us:yesnod:. I hope the special team steps up, Coach T has shown he can make correct adjustments. Barring any letdowns, or fluke things, it is our game to win:crossfingers:. It all comes down to execution. I know from reading some other boards, that their fans have pretty much conceded this game if not the season.:nono: I have guarded confidence, though, as nice as it would be to win:banana:; it would be absolutely devastating to lose.
Nothing comes easy in this league, at least it doesn't come easy our way. On any given Sunday...:stirpot:
That being said, I truly belive like the majority of the Jest fans, Steelers will win by at least 20:nahnah:. 34-13:cope:. Willie will get 125 :tt02:and Naj will get 80,:hail: Big Ben over 300, Hines 115, Nate 80, Santa Holmes 125, and Heath 75. vs porous Jest D that hemorages yards to RBs and does not threatenQBs.:cabbagepatch::tt02:
Defense gets 5sacks, 1 fumble, and 2ints vs new QB with a bad Oline w/no running game.:cabbagepatch::tt02:
All according to "if"!:scratch:
If frogs had glass balls, they'd only jump once.:plus1::2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Let's hope Woodley's hamstring doesn't turn into a chronic issue like Timmon's did earlier this year. He is one of our main backups so hopefully it's just minor and he can get out there on the field this weekend in his backup role.

black an gold 4 life
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
WELL IT LOOKS AS IF EVERYONE IS HEALTHY 4 THIS TIME OF YEAR, I'M SURE EVERYONE THAT CAN GO WILL, YEA I C US GETTING UP ON THE JETS EARLY, THEY R TRYING 2 GET AN TOP 1-3 PICK ANYWAYS,WHY ELSE WOULD U PUT AN ROOKIE N THERE?:scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd like to see Spaeth get involved more this weekend especially in the redzone, he was money early one then got hurt so we need to get him back into the flow of the game so we have every available option at our disposal for the 2nd half of the season.

snowman79
11-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I agree with Top Gun i would like to see Spaeth get more involved. Yes it would be good to build up an early lead and rest a few players but remember the Jets have got their pride at stake here and they are going to show up and give it all they can to try and take us down, lets just concentrate on getting the win guys and look to the next game, i think we will win it by 14 points. Good luck guys we will be with you all the way.

BELIEVE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
11-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah its kinda scary If you think about Miller AND Speath in the same play espicially since Roethlisbergers playing the way he is

BlitzburghNation
11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Hopefully the Steelers can get out to a huge lead early this weekend so they can rest some of the starters who are banged up :bigthumb:

:ditto:
Let's hope it's a replay of that rat-turd game and it's over at halftime :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2007, 07:03 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07321/834752-66.stm?cmpid=HBEHTML

Saturday, November 17, 2007
By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Scratch rookie linebacker LaMarr Woodley and his balky hamstring, but the rest of the ailing Steelers practiced yesterday and were deemed healthy enough to play the New York Jets tomorrow.

Woodley was the only wounded player to miss practice, his third consecutive absence. Fullback Dan Kreider missed yesterday for personal reasons, but he is expected to rejoin the Steelers and be available for the 4:05 p.m. game in Giants Stadium.

Halfback Willie Parker (groin) and linebacker Andre Frazier (hip) practiced and were listed as probable, although both are expected to play.

As for the Jets, only fullback Stacy Tutt (knee) missed practice yesterday, and he was ruled out of the game. Receiver Chris Davis (shoulder) and defensive lineman Dewayne Robinson (knee) were listed as questionable after limited practice. Probable after fully practicing are: tight ends Chris Baker (back) and Joe Kowalewski (shoulder); receiver Brad Smith (back); tackle Anthony Clement (knee); defensive end C.J. Mosley (shoulder); and quarterback Chad Pennington (ankle), who will be replaced by Kellen Clemens.