PDA

View Full Version : TOMLIN on "sirius n.f.l. radio",,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Missed him last 2 weeks,but I caught him this week on Moving The Chains
with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Tim Ryan: Good stuff coach all across the board in the final 2 Quarters

TOMLIN: Well the guys showing the ability to get out of a bad situation
and Ben showing his leadership on the field ended up as an awesome day for us,,,,,,,,

Kirwin: was an awesome day,,,,,,,Take me through what was going through your mind when old cribbs was running by you for the score to take back the lead,,,,,,

TOMLIN: I just wanted to make sure,,,,I didn't make an off the bench tackle :lol::lol::lol: I would've probably messed up too,he's an awesome return man and we have to do better in that area if we are gonna be a good football team,,,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: What was the adjustments at halftime,,,,,,,When you came out it looked like a different defensive football team,,,,,,,

TOMLIN: Really there were no adjustments ,,,,,,We just believed in our men and we felt our guys would make the plays and just stuck with our plan,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: Watching you ,,,,,,,Ben and all the players on the bench when dawson was attempting that kick "that was great stuff"

TOMLIN: These guys,,,,,,,,,I'm enjoying these guys 'cause they respect the process when it comes down to play ,,,,,,These guys play it like they played it when they were kids and that's what keeps it fun,,,,,

Tim Ryan: What do you have on the jets on the film study as you get ready for week#11 opponent,,,,,,,

TOMLIN: We've got to keep tabs on coles & jones they are excellent players and that harris guy is tackling everybody,,,,So we got our work cut out for us,,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: Injury wise how did you come outta the game,,,,,,,

TOMLIN: Come out as good as expected,ofcourse there's soreness
and bruises "but we are not gonna whine about it" :clap:
Willie & Ben are really sore and they'll be held out of practice wednesday,,,,,
But they'll be ready to go sunday,,,,,,,

Pat Kirwin: Last one from me coach,,,,Your a young coach and the know there playing a 1-8 team,,,,what are you telling your players to get them prepared for sundays match-up,,,,,,,,

TOMLIN: You know,I try to keep us focused on how we play and
the speech is the same wether the team is 1-8 or 8-1 ,,,,,,,
If we play close to what we are capable of playing,we know we've got a good chance to win and that's what we spend our time talking about,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: Last thing from me,,,,,,,Just want to get your take on the
subject of the officials having the discression for the ultra flaggerant helmet to helmet hit "talk about this one a little bit if you will"

TOMLIN: Ummm,,,,,You got to keep in mind , most of the guys doing the hitting,really have no intent of hurting anyone,they are taught to play the ball and try ti dislodge it ,,,,,,,That's the secondary coach speaking in me
But at the sametime I understand where they are coming from,I think it's a fine line and if we can the officials have a tough job in determinig the intent of the hit,,,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: Hard to determine the intent of the hit,when it's so friggin fast and what pat talks about and he's right on the money,you know let's say a guy does get ejected and you watch it on tape and you see maybe the guy didn't have the intent,,,,,Then you come out & already hurt in the secondary and there in 4 wide & you can't cover,now that could be a problem

TOMLIN: Yeah,,,This is a competitive league and when your talking about ejecting guys "uh' alot of people are not gonna be comfortable wuth that and I trust those guys to act accordingly ,,,,,,

Pat Kirwin: I'm gonna make a statement,if we ask 32 coaches on how to deal with this issue "safety concerns" I think it's 32-0 suspened them next week ,,,,,,,

TOMLIN: Nobody wants player to get injured under no circumstance
and we only got 45 of them to hatch :scratch:
"uh,,,, :scratch:

Tim Ryan: Coach great stuff we'll talk to you next week,good luck against the jets,,,,,,,

TOMLIN: Take care men ,,,,Thank you !

ANOTHER NUGGET FROM THE BROWN GAME:
In the second half,,,,,,,our defense did not give up a 1st down until last drive of the game "which the clowns only got 2 first downs" :clap::clap::clap:

Mike Tomlin
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
TOMLIN: Nobody wants player to get injured under no circumstance
and we only got 45 of them to hatch :scratch:
"uh,,,, :scratch:

Only 45 men are active during the game, the other 8 are in street clothes.

Good Stuff!

black an gold 4 life
11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
great interview man i love the steelers

BlitzburghNation
11-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Only 45 men are active during the game, the other 8 are in street clothes.

Good Stuff!

Yep,,,,,,,Already knew that man :bigthumb:

steelersgal86
11-14-2007, 05:18 AM
great interview :bigthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
11-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Awesome Interview :plus1:

Whodat
11-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Excellent interview and I love that show. If they could only find a way to make the "The Barbershop" interesting.

BlitzburghNation
11-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Excellent interview and I love that show. If they could only find a way to make the "The Barbershop" interesting.

Yeah really,,,,,,,,, That show sucks monkey :moon:
They sound gay also ~~~~ :haha:

If you don't wanna miss Tomlin's interview's,,,,,,,,,it's on tues. at 12:45