PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: SteelerSteve

AZ_Steeler
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
SteelerSteve

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan Almost 3 years

What made you become a fan of the SteelersWell, alot of things. I started watching football at the start of the 2005 season because my buddy thought that it would be fun to bet on games and the first game I watched and betted on was a very close game between the Steelers and his favorite team, the Chargers, I decided that I liked that team and the thing that really made me a die-hard fan was the playoff run to the superbowl, I just knew that this was a special team and I wanted to be part of it.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers rosterBen Roethlisberger offense, Troy Polamalu, defense

Why are they your favorite player. For Ben, its just his confidence and the way he plays, I love the QB position so he's the obvious choice, in some ways he reminds me of Favre. As for Troy, he's just an animal and its really fun to watch him play.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past. Well, for the distant past I guess I would say Terry Bradshaw, other than that I have to go with Jerome Bettis

What is your favorite Steelers memoryThe Steelers @ Colts in the playoffs

What is your favorite sport to watch other than footballI love to watch the UFC, I dont really watch any other sports than that.

How did you find Steeler AddictsI came across it looking for any info I could on the Steelers

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences. From my limited experience with fan forums I would say that it probably is the best one on the net, I am also a member of cincy bengals.com and to be honest it doesn't compare.

What do you do for a living.A former hardwood floor installer, now I am going into the Navy as a Master at Arms which is basically a military police officer.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you. I was born on St. Patty's Day

What is one thing that everybody knows you for. My good looks :lol: actually I would have to say I am known for my easy going personality I guess.

What kind of car or truck do you drive. I used to drive a pontiac grand am, but it died so now I am stuck driving a minivan

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be. I would change the fact that I never played football in high school

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA?I love to Snowmobile during the winter months, I'm somewhat into boxing, and I love a good game of madden 08

Favorite TV showI have to go with 24

Favorite video gamesMadden, Halo, sonic the hedgehog for the sega genesis, everyone has to love that game:lol:

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on.I really am the only football fan in my family, my dad and brother enjoy rooting for the other team if the steelers are losing though:cursin:

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do ?:lol: I sit on the couch and pray during tense moments during games:lol:

Your favorite gametime food & beverage. come to think of it, I really don't eat during the games, if anything its usually BBQ steak, my dad is really good at making that

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime.none, but I hope to someday

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ? Heinz field, mostly because I don't really remember Three Rivers

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"? The Tackle definitely, it was the most insane football game I have ever seen.

steelersgal86
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
very nice spotlight :bigthumb:

PsychoWard
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
nice read!!!!

floodcitygirl
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for doing this SteelerSteve.

SteelerSteve
11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks guys/gals :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for your time Steve :bigthumb: Another question for you since you are a fairly new fan... Have you had a chance to go back and watch any of the games from the 70's?

BlitzburghNation
11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Nice read Stevie,,,,,,,, :clap: Good luck in the navy !!!!!

SteelerSteve
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your time Steve :bigthumb: Another question for you since you are a fairly new fan... Have you had a chance to go back and watch any of the games from the 70's?Oh yeah, for sure at least kind of summed up versions of the games. I love watching old steelers footage of Joe Greene and especially Mel Blount. I also liked seeing those catches by Lynn Swann from the superbowls. Anyway, I may be a new fan, but I read and watch all that I can on steelers history.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Nice read Stevie,,,,,,,, :clap: Good luck in the navy !!!!!Thanks man! The day is getting closer to the time I have to report to basic training:crossfingers:

NOVA STEELERS
11-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice Read........ Good luck in the Navy......

GoBenGo
11-15-2007, 02:50 PM
:bigthumb: Best of luck,SS, I appreciate your service!

Stlrs4Life
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Nice interview Steve.

SteelersWoman
11-17-2007, 04:46 AM
I love the spotlight interviews! We have in common the fact that I started watching football at the beginning of the '05 season, and that Colts game is my fave game so far as well :D

Thanks for taking the time Steve :)

SteelerBee43
11-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Good interview Steve,,,,ditch the mini van...:lol:

SteelerSteve
11-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Good interview Steve,,,,ditch the mini van...:lol:
Trust me, I want to soooooooooo bad.:lol:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I love the spotlight interviews! We have in common the fact that I started watching football at the beginning of the '05 season, and that Colts game is my fave game so far as well :D

Thanks for taking the time Steve :)Oh yeah? thats pretty cool, that whole playoff run was exciting as hell to watch I think those games are what showed me that the Steelers were my team.

Steelerlyn
11-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Great read, Steve, you sound like an awesome fan!~

SteelerSteve
11-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Great read, Steve, you sound like an awesome fan!~Really? thanks alot.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Great read indeed, it's always good to learn more about your fellow black n gold supporters !

I enjoy snowmobiling too, damn that's a blast the only problem is we only get marginal snow here usually or 1 big snowfall the chances to ride are minimal unless you want to take a long weekend and head up to the mountains.

SteelerSteve
11-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Great read indeed, it's always good to learn more about your fellow black n gold supporters !

I enjoy snowmobiling too, damn that's a blast the only problem is we only get marginal snow here usually or 1 big snowfall the chances to ride are minimal unless you want to take a long weekend and head up to the mountains.Yeah, it seems lately we havent been getting much around here the last couple of seasons. There used to be probably about 6 feet of snow where I lived. Now it seems we only get about 3-4 feet max.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
We're lucky if we get a combined couple feet here over the entire winter season anymore.

Blitzburghpete
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Nice one Steve,

Hardwood floor installer to Master at Arms.... mmm that's a natural career progression!! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

I guess when you said Steelers v Colts as favourite memory you mean the 2006 game not the 1997 AFC Championship one ( 97 i think ) with the infamous Colts, Captain Comeback Jim harbourgh??

SteelerSteve
11-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Nice one Steve,

Hardwood floor installer to Master at Arms.... mmm that's a natural career progression!! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

I guess when you said Steelers v Colts as favourite memory you mean the 2006 game not the 1997 AFC Championship one ( 97 i think ) with the infamous Colts, Captain Comeback Jim harbourgh??:lol::lol::lol: yeah, hardwood flooring was not a life for me, and Yes I do mean the 2006 game. The one with "the tackle" that was the most intense thing I have ever seen, one minute it looked like we had the game wrapped up after almost being screwed out of it and then BAM! I went from being overjoyed to curled up in the fetal position hugging a pillow for dear life and praying.:lol: talk about the biggest mood change I have ever experienced:bluelol: