PDA

View Full Version : Colts lose 2 in a row

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Manning throws 5 int's in the game and they still had a chance to tie it with less than 2 minutes to go on a chip shot FG attempt that went wide right.

Suddenly the Colts are human again...

Koopa
11-12-2007, 12:59 AM
i think they are doing it on purpose, i think in the past they used to dominate and lose in the end, but since last year they stopped dominating and won it all, so i think this year they are just ****ing around and then in playoffs they will pick it up like last year

K Train
11-12-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah they are doing it on purpose......jackass lol

Troyisabeast_43
11-12-2007, 02:17 AM
No it means the Colts arent as good as the media wants them to be and the Steelers are just as good if not better then them. The Colts are gonna have the Steelers now up their asses for that number 2 seed the rest of the year because of this loss tonight to the Chargers a game in which they should have won but Vinateri of all people missed a 29 yard chip shot fg that probably would have won the game. And while the Colts have a pretty easy stretch coming up, so do the Steelers especially before the Pats having the Jets,Miami, and Cincy. So this loss tonight for the Colts was huge. They could definitely be looking back on it come playoff time if they have to come to Pittsburgh instead of having the bye week as the reason why it happened. No matter how many games Indy wins the rest of the way now, as long as the Steelers keep winning games like they should with this schedule they will maintain the number 2 spot in the AFC just because the Colts have one more loss in the conference then they do. Its why I came on here after the Steelers lost to Arizona and said it really wasnt a bad loss because it was an NFC loss and it wouldnt count in the conference standings and tiebrakers later on in the season when it mattered like it does now. The bottom line is the Colts losing that game tonight in San Diego was absolutely HUGE HUGE for the Steelers.

RW318
11-12-2007, 03:23 AM
All it means is Manning had a HORRIBLE game.....a HORRIBLE game that they still should have won. When you can have six turnovers from the QB and keep it a two point game....you're a damn good team. I don't give two shits who the opponent is...

Regardless of this game I still wouldn't put the Steelers on the Colts level yet

ARKIESTEEL
11-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Manning throws 5 int's in the game and they still had a chance to tie it with less than 2 minutes to go on a chip shot FG attempt that went wide right.

Suddenly the Colts are human again...

That would be 6 int's almost what Ben has done the whole season. If it bleeds we can kill it....and the colts have shown they are human like the rest of us

black an gold 4 life
11-12-2007, 12:04 PM
IT PROVES THAT NORV TURNER ISN'T AN HEAD COACH, IT PROVES THAT THE COLTS R HUMAN, BUT REMEMBER THE COLTS HAVE HAD SOME MAJOR PLAYERS OUT, BUT SO R THE CHEATERS THEY R HUMAN ALSO.

Troyisabeast_43
11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes the Colts did have Harrison,Clark,Gonzalez and some o line and d line man out for this game but make no mistake about it nobody is going to feel sorry for the Colts just because they have injuries and guys like Harrison are out. My response to the Colts is overcome it like the Steelers did when they played Seattle when they had Hines,Holmes,Polamalu and Hampton out and still won the game 21-0. Marvin Harrison for one thing had better get healthy for the Colts because the other receivers in his place are making key drops for TDS the last few weeks, balls that Harrison definitely would have caught that probably makes them win one or maybe even both of those games against the Pats and Chargers. If Marvin Harrison doesnt play for this Colts team down the stretch here and especially come playoff time this Colts team I feel is in deep deep trouble. The Colts and Steelers are not too far apart right now as we sit here today. The Steelers at the moment are playing better,they are healthier then the Colts ,and just got finished winning 3 games in a row within their division to pretty much put a strangle hold on it,while the Colts have lost 2 games in a row something they rarely do. And to top it off it shows it in the standings seeing that the Steelers have the same record at 7-2 and currently hold the tiebraker over the Colts for the number 2 seed and the bye week based on a better conference record of 5-1 to Indy's 4-2. So if you break all that down if were talking about right now at this point and time Id say that the Steelers right now are a better team then the Colts.

$teeler$guy
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
last night the chargers blew out the colts

RW318
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Tie breakers mean jack **** at this point in the season.....

I guess I can say the Cowboys are the second best team in the NFL judging by records and the fact their only loss came against the team with the best record in the NFL.

Troyisabeast_43
11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes they do mean something at this point in the season are you kidding me??? Were nearing Thanksgiving here in 10 days when your suppose to be setting yourself up for playoff positioning and when teams like the Steelers are suppose to be playing their best football of the season. As long as the Steelers keep winning here, and there is no reason to believe they will not with that schedule they have the next 3 weeks before the Pats playing the Jets,Miami and Cincy then that loss the Colts had to San Diego last night will continue to haunt them for the rest of the season because they will continue to have one more loss in the conference then the Steelers do until the Steelers do again lose another game. Getting that bye week and top 2 seed this year is huge. Number one you avoid the Pats until at east the AFC Title game and maybe by some miracle somebody beats the Pats in the divisional round and you dont face them at all, and second of all you probably play the Colts here assuming they win their wildcard game as the 3 seed in Indy as opposed to going to Indy to play them. So I dont want to hear about tiebrakers or anything else not meaning anything at this point in the season. The Colts losing that game last night in San Diego really helped put the Steelers in control of their own destiny the rest of the way for that number 2 seed come playoff time so it meant alot more then you might think.

$teeler$guy
11-12-2007, 08:21 PM
last night the chargers blew out the colts

my bad i was thinking of another game it was a very close near the end

RW318
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
How do they mean anything? Do the Steelers and Colts not play anymore AFC teams or something? There is still 6 weeks of football left..and the Steelers have yet to play their toughest game. In 4 or 5 weeks you can bring tie breakers up like they matter.

To say that it means anything with still a lot of football left just doesn't make sense to me....it doesn't matter much at all at this point of the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2007, 09:11 PM
The Colts had half their starters injured and not playing in that game and they still had a chance to tie or win in the last 2 minutes. That doesn't say much for the Chargers at this point. Even with Peyton throwing what 5 or 6 int's they still couldn't put them away.

Troyisabeast_43
11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
The bottom line is any loss that the Colts or Pats have at this point is important because those are the 2 teams realistically in the end that the Steelers are going to have to beat if they want to get to Arizona and have a chance to raise that Lombardi trophy in February. Forget about this division because the Steelers pretty much wrapped it up on Sunday with that win over the Browns for all practical purposes. The Steelers could if all things go well clinch this division officially on Sunday night December 2nd when they play the Bengals here on Sunday night. Beating the Bengals that night should put the Steelers at 10-2 assuming of course the Steelers do beat the Jets and Miami which they will do, and by that time the Ravens and Browns should have lost 6 games and if that is the case that means the Steelers will clinch it that weekend. Right now the Steelers are in control of their own destiny to get that number 2 seed is all Im saying and that is the position you want to be in. Granted like you said there are 7 games left, but still looking at the Steelers schedule the only game they really should lose on there is the Pats and they should win pretty much every other game against the Jets,Miami,Cincy,Jags,Rams,and Ravens. So that would put them at 13-3 to finish off and all you would need then is the Colts to lose one more game the rest of the way and they would win the tiebraker over them. So if you sit here and say it doesnt matter which of course if your own opinion then your not looking at the bigger picture like I am. The Steelers would much rather have the number 2 seed and the bye week and home playoff game against the Colts rather then having to play the Colts in Indy if the Colts should get the bye. So you say it doesnt matter right now?? I think it matters a whole helluva alot.

BlitzburghNation
11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
:popcorn:

stillers4me
11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
What does COLTS stand for?

Count On Losing This Sunday

Sorry.......someone just texted that to me.

Cost me 15 cents, too.

BBG7
11-13-2007, 10:59 PM
The bottom line is any loss that the Colts or Pats have at this point is important because those are the 2 teams realistically in the end that the Steelers are going to have to beat if they want to get to Arizona and have a chance to raise that Lombardi trophy in February. Forget about this division because the Steelers pretty much wrapped it up on Sunday with that win over the Browns for all practical purposes. The Steelers could if all things go well clinch this division officially on Sunday night December 2nd when they play the Bengals here on Sunday night. Beating the Bengals that night should put the Steelers at 10-2 assuming of course the Steelers do beat the Jets and Miami which they will do, and by that time the Ravens and Browns should have lost 6 games and if that is the case that means the Steelers will clinch it that weekend. Right now the Steelers are in control of their own destiny to get that number 2 seed is all Im saying and that is the position you want to be in. Granted like you said there are 7 games left, but still looking at the Steelers schedule the only game they really should lose on there is the Pats and they should win pretty much every other game against the Jets,Miami,Cincy,Jags,Rams,and Ravens. So that would put them at 13-3 to finish off and all you would need then is the Colts to lose one more game the rest of the way and they would win the tiebraker over them. So if you sit here and say it doesnt matter which of course if your own opinion then your not looking at the bigger picture like I am. The Steelers would much rather have the number 2 seed and the bye week and home playoff game against the Colts rather then having to play the Colts in Indy if the Colts should get the bye. So you say it doesnt matter right now?? I think it matters a whole helluva alot.

I agree...it does matter a lot. The Colts don't have a tough schedule ahead of them either though. Luckily we are healthier. I will be watching what the Colts do the rest of the year. I think the Colts still face the Jags and Titans if I'm not mistaken but that's as tough as it gets for them. I am looking at the big picture, ,but still keeping the one game at a time attitude.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

What does COLTS stand for?

Count On Losing This Sunday

Sorry.......someone just texted that to me.

Cost me 15 cents, too.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

RW318
11-14-2007, 02:41 AM

True. I don't understand the fact about celebrating a tie breaker when there are 6 weeks of football left and the Steelers have yet to play the best team in the AFC in an away game. Overlooking the Jets and Dolphins isn't a good thing to do...I'm pretty sure you thought the Broncos and Cardinals were in the bag games too. I just can't see it mattering much until the final weeks with this much football left.