PDA

View Full Version : Peterson goes down and so do the Vikings

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Superman Adrian Peterson went down with a knee injury today in the game against the Pack, although at that time they were already down by 27 points. Still though the Packer defense was all over him all day long and he was really a non factor regardless. The vikes are clearly nothing without this kid so if he's out for any length of time they might as well pack it in...

He didn't return in the game so Im not sure how bad it was overall but he was on the sidelines in a boot/sleeve later in the game.

DIESELMAN
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
He's got a MRI scheduled for monday, I heard it might just be a strain, he was hurting at first, then the pain went away. Hopefully its not major :bigthumb:

BBG7
11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I hope it's nothing major. Keeping my fingers crossed for the kid.

$teeler$guy
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
he is a great player even though he is young if he can countine playing like he has not doubt he'll have the rushing record by the end of his career IF HE STAYS HEALTHY

DIESELMAN
11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Adrian Peterson has a torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee and is out this week at a minimum. "He's got a tear there," Childress said in his weekly news conference. "The knee is otherwise stable." The damage is on the lower third of the ligament. "What they do is they identify it both clinically and with an MRI and they go ahead and grade it with a three being the worst and one being the least," Childress explained. "He’s got a two-plus tear in that ligament." Peterson's knee is otherwise stable and had no damage to the PCL, ACL or meniscus.

$teeler$guy
11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
he has said to miss 1 game

DIESELMAN
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
They should monitor him and if necessary sit him for 2-3 weeks. C. Taylor is still a good RB, not of Peterson's calibre but he is a 1000 yarder.

NOVA STEELERS
11-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Looks like the kid will only miss a game or two, good news on that, could have been alot worse