PDA

View Full Version : O-Line

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
If the Steelers are to go deep in the playoffs. We need better O-Line play. Anyone else cringe when Ben has to tuck and run?

Prosdo
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree Philly. The O-line play has been pretty bad. I saw Willie Colon get beat bad a few times. I can see the O-line will be a big priority in the off-season.

BlackGold4vr
11-11-2007, 07:36 PM
There is also a reason that Willie can't run for more than a yard up the middle. Our O-line is NOT opening up running lanes. No running back in the league would fare any better running behind this line. They run block about the same as they pass block, terrible. The first 2 picks next year should be O-lineman! Colon has been a huge disappointment! At this point I would like to see Starks back in there. After sitting on the bench a while he might just be ready to play again. :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah I mean these guys just aren't seeming to get it together and put in the performance we need them to have. The pressure up the middle that is constantly flushing Ben out of the pocket is just something that cannot continue to happen. If Ben wasn't such a capable escape artist we'd be in some serious trouble. I agree the OL is the #1 priority next offseason, Atleast 2 high round draft picks and maybe a FA or 2 as well because we need some serious fresh blood infused into this group.

DIESELMAN
11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
If the Steelers are to go deep in the playoffs. We need better O-Line play. Anyone else cringe when Ben has to tuck and run?

First few games, yeah I was not to happy with Ben taking off. I'm pretty sure Ben knows what he doesn't have in front of him as far as the OL, also think Ben is completely happy with it. Yeah a QB would like to sit back in the pocket and have time to throw but Ben isn't your normal QB, he loves the play action and he loves to rollout and improvise. He did it in college and he's taking it to a different level in the NFL. A defense can't really gameplan for that, hes not a runner like V. Young, who you have to account for rushing 10-15 times a game on a consistent basis. Ben improvises and no one knows when he's going to tuck it and run.