PDA

View Full Version : Halftime adjustments were the key today

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
The first half was deceptively all cleveland but when you look at it other than their first drive when they marched down the field we gave them cheap points with the big return by Cribbs and the pick by Ben. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot in the first half and the play calling on offense stunk !

Then after that Lebeau and Arians made adjustments and we completely shut down the Browns on offense, they didn't have a first down until the 4th quarter if I remember right. The defense got into Andersons head in the 2nd half and the WR's were hearing footsteps all during the 2nd half. Aaron Smith made some huge plays today and Troy really stepped up with some big pass defenses. I liked how Anthony Smith was dishing out the hits but that dumbass personal foul in the 1st half was killer. Ike was having a great game and in the 2nd half the entire secondary and defense really stepped up the pressure. We may not have gotten the sacks but we got in their head and made them hear footsteps all day long.

The big key today, Big Ben, you could just tell he wanted this game in a BIG way today, the rushes, the first downs, the HUGE 3rd down conversions were just absolutely key in this win. We can be glad we have a QB like Ben on our team who just doesn't give up and is so cool on every play to be able to lead us down from 15 points in the 2nd half to a comeback win. Ben is really coming into his own and the guy is just flat out tough and has the guts to back it up. He's right on the money on so many 3rd downs, he truly is just the perfect QB for our offense.

Tomlin talked to him and basically showed nothing but calm confidence...

"He said 'Listen, you've got a chance to win this (in minute) 29 or 30 of this half,' " Roethlisberger recalled. "I just told him, 'Hey, I'm gonna get this for you.' "

Im proud of our boys today in a BIG way !

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Actually the biggest key was that all during the first half I was posting and logged into the gameday thread and we stunk so I closed down the laptop and just really got into the game here while the family was away.

So there you have it, when I post and we stink I'll just log off for awhile :lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Actually the biggest key was that all during the first half I was posting and logged into the gameday thread and we stunk so I closed down the laptop and just really got into the game here while the family was away.

So there you have it, when I post and we stink I'll just log off for awhile :lol:

Better idea might to tell the family to go shopping or something.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Well the wife was working so she's usually not home for the games but the boy was at a birthday party for one of his friends...Im thinking he needs to stop going to these because he's usually with me on gameday so if he goes away from here on out I need to stay off the computer I guess :lol:

$teeler$guy
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
im glad they made changes in the 2nd half

AZ_Steeler
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I think we are starting to see the Ben 'magic' return that was gone last year! When Ben first took over way back when, he had this presence on the field that said "Don't worry, things are going to be ok..." and sure enough Ben found a way to will his team to victory. Last year, during those times when the Steelers were behind we all cringed when Ben dropped back becasue we were afraid it was yet another interception! This year, that cringe is gone and that feeling Ben is going to do something one way or another to will his team to victory... Prime example today would be his 30 yard TD run late in the game. He put this team on his back and all but carried them to a W!

Having someone special like Ben makes the coaches job easier and like they made key adjustments at halftime... IMO that adjustment was for everyone to jump on Ben's back! :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 08:10 PM
This really was the Big Ben show today because the if he doesn't make those key 3rd down throws and rush for all those yds then the defense is back on the field and getting tired and worn out. The defense rose to the occasion and did their part and the offense did too. The ST coverage units were horrible today though, there is no excuse for Cleveland to have 2 huge returns in 1 game.

strong D
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
one thing i like to see is IKE shut Edwards down today (except for that great catch he made) Edwards has been tearing dbs up this year just goes to show ya we have one of the best shut down corners in the league IMO

BBG7
11-11-2007, 09:29 PM
It was a deceiving game, but all in all our guys pulled it out, dealt with adversity and came up with a huge come from behind victory! Even though I would have perferred a blow out...we needed to have one of these games! Congrats to the whole team....job well done.

NOVA STEELERS
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
21 points thanks to Special teams (14) and Interception @ 18 yd line. Defense was all over the field holding that high powered offense :lol: to 163 total yds...... Givin them the ball on the 3 (special teams) and the interception at 18 was like spotting them 14........ Now have to go into the meadowlands against a jets team that has nothing to lose.....