PDA

View Full Version : Linebacker Scott threatens to 'kill' wide receiver Hines Ward

SteelersWoman
11-09-2007, 05:45 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.scott08nov08,0,1492622.story

By Edward Lee (edward.lee@baltsun.com) | Sun reporter
November 8, 2007

...After Monday night's game, Ward was quoted as saying: "He tackled me and said he was going to kill me. But as long as you don't shoot me, I'll be fine. I don't think there's any place in the game for that type of stuff. I always thought he was a great player, but I guess he doesn't like me."

Scott confirmed Ward's claim that the Ravens linebacker threatened to "kill" the Steelers wide receiver after he leveled Scott with a block on Willie Parker's catch late in the second quarter.

"I threatened him," Scott said defiantly. "If I see him again, I'm going to threaten him again."

Later, Scott said he objected to Ward's block of free safety Ed Reed (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenscards07-reedholder,0,3838337.blurb) late in the second quarter, a hit that might have contributed to Reed's being limited in practice yesterday because of what coach Brian Billick called "a sensitivity to light."

Said Scott: "I have no beef with Hines off the field. But pretty much, I've got a beef with everybody on the field. I just think he took some shots that he didn't have to, and I'm not even talking about my shot. I'm talking about the Ed Reed (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenscards07-reedholder,0,3838337.blurb) stuff.

"With mine, I think I was pulling up. I was letting up because I thought he [Parker] was going to run out of bounds. I should've just went for the cheap shot and hit him out of bounds. Then I wouldn't have had to worry about getting blindsided. That's fine, though. He's out there in safe land as a receiver, but I'll get an opportunity one day."

Linebacker Terrell Suggs (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenscards07-suggsholder,0,6580549.blurb) said Scott's dislike is not limited to Ward.

"Anybody that's not wearing purple and black, Bart's got a problem with him," Suggs said. "That's why I love Bart. I'm going to let Bart be 'The Mad Backer' and I'm going to be right behind him."

NOVA STEELERS
11-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Thats typical coming from another team of criminals...... Why doesn't the commish send at least a letter of reprimand or something to let the ratbirds know that threats etc.. won't be tolerated and shows a lack of respect for the game...... We will get the last laugh when we go to the inner harbor or trash also known as m&t stadium and kick another mud hole in their sorry asses........ Thing I am worried about is about that time they will be playing for draft slot while the STEELERS are gearing for the playoffs and they throw in some dirty hits, etc......... :2cents:

RW318
11-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm sure some players have said much MUCH worse to other players....but they don't go crying to the media so you never hear about it lol.

BlitzburghNation
11-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Boy oh boy,,,,,,,,,,,The media cracks me up & they'll run with all that bull sheet,,,,,,,,:haha:

Come on,we all know theres all kinds of tempers flaring in the heat of battle
This is a waste of peoples time ,,,,,,,,,, No-ones killing anyone :haha:

$teeler$guy
11-09-2007, 03:32 PM
damn that $hit is serious threatened to kill him come on thats a little over the top

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Typical ratbird yapping...get over yourself Bart ! There's a 1000 NFL players who are just as tough and strong as you so don't flatter yourself with threats that anybody else can make too.

SteelerSteve
11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Boy oh boy,,,,,,,,,,,The media cracks me up & they'll run with all that bull sheet,,,,,,,,:haha:

Come on,we all know theres all kinds of tempers flaring in the heat of battle
This is a waste of peoples time ,,,,,,,,,, No-ones killing anyone :haha:Yeah, just sounds like senseless trash talk to me.

BR7
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
More embarassment than anything because lil 'ole Hines knocked the **** out of Mr. All-mighty Reed.

Grow the **** up Bart.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, just sounds like senseless trash talk to me.

That pretty much sums up the ratbirds; senseless...along with pointless, spineless, and worthless !

memphissteelergirl
11-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh please...little girl Bart got his widdle feelings hurt and now he's trying to act all big and bad....

Pathetic.

SteelersWoman
11-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I found it interesting because he LOVED the hit he put on Ben's blind side last season. Shoe's on the other foot now though...

K Train
11-09-2007, 07:46 PM
lol classy

GoBenGo
11-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I found it interesting because he LOVED the hit he put on Ben's blind side last season. Shoe's on the other foot now though...
Like I said:

GoBenGo

MadBacker is Madder but doesn't Matter-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bart Scott on his show last night was asked about the hit Hines laid on him. Bart acknowledged it was a good clean hit first off all, but then weht on to say that the ballcarrier was on his way out of bounds and it was an unecessary hit. They asked him about all the shiat talking the Raisins were doing while losing, and why Ward didn't talk smack, only smiled."You don't hear what he say's on the field",Bart said,"He talks plenty of noise, he just does not show it whith physical expressions like chest pumping and stuff.He went on to say that because of Hines' hit, he will make it a point to lay out any Steeler when given the chance, and then gladly pay the fine. " I'll write the check the same day, happily!" He said when he hit Ben last year he , out of resoect for Ben and the game, did not bury his facemask into his chest and end his season or career with a crushed sternum,( his words).
I respect Scott, as a player,he is a gamer , but he is not a thug like Lewis or Magahee. He can actually articulate his thoughts into words and be objective.
However, him putting the vendetta out, saying that he is making it his mission to lay out whatever Steeler he can is weak.Scared defensive move.Definitely not thought out.
With a reciever who hits, and enjoys delivering said hits, as Hines does, and a supporting cast that is looking to emulate him, it is these linebackers and corners, and safeties who need to have their heads on swivels . Lest Hines, Holmes, or Nate knock 'em out! Ask Ed Reed.
You know you got some bad azz dudes when defenses are worried about getting hit instead of hitting.
Hines Is Steeler Football.:tt02 :
That's why 7 puts it right between the 8 and the 6.
>>>>>>>>>
The Ravens have not exactly rallied around Mr Scott on this matter. Magahee, Reed, and Lewis have all seemingly distanced themselves from Bart's idiotic comments.Magahee said what we thought, it's football, you play sideline to sideline, and if your lunchin' your going to get blasted.
Ravens have more to worry about than wether their bully backs are getting owned, as of thursday discussion was still about our game, and are they depressed. Cincy will probably whoop them too.

SteelersWoman
11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
...Bart acknowledged it was a good clean hit first off all...

He said when he hit Ben last year he , out of resoect for Ben and the game, did not bury his facemask into his chest and end his season or career with a crushed sternum,( his words).

So he himselft knows it was a "clean" hit, so why's he making it sound like Hines did something "wrong"? And why's he even bothering to say he didn't end Ben's career or season? Hines didn't end Scott's season or career either--but he's sure makin' it sound like he DID.

He's just ticked cause he wasn't expecting to get hit as hard as he did by a receiver--after all, they're supposed to "soft". I don't think that's a word that could be used to describe Hines' hits on the field however lol

TampaSteelGirl
11-09-2007, 08:56 PM
First of all that guy is freakin crazy!! Secondly if you can play with the big dogs...stay on the freaking porch!! THat ******* Suggs hits Ben so hard every year!! THis year he pushed him to the ground AFTER the throw and the ref was standing there and didn't say crap! Last year Suggs and 2 other guys sandwiched Ben so bad he had to be taken out of the game! Does anyone remember that? They are a bunch of big mouthed, sore losing pussies!! I hate that team so much! I thought the Bengals were bad, at least they take a beating and blame themselves. We dominated these guys and they talk so much crap about what they are going to do next time. If they are so tough why didn't they bring their best game THIS time. What makes next time any better!!! Damn losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If that guy does anything to Hines...i'll personally kick is arse!! Anyone else?:cursin:

TEEMONT
11-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Who gives a ****...it's football. Much worse is said in even high school games.

If that guy does anything to Hines...i'll personally kick is arse!! Anyone else?:cursin:

no you won't

TampaSteelGirl
11-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Who gives a shiat...it's football. Much worse is said in even high school games.

no you won't

Yes I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin:

$teeler$guy
11-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Who gives a shiat...it's football. Much worse is said in even high school games.

no you won't

but still he threatened a player a he should either pay a huge fine or be suspend from a couple of games.

TEEMONT
11-10-2007, 08:24 AM
but still he threatened a player a he should either pay a huge fine or be suspend from a couple of games.

and then what? are they handing out vagina's to Steelers fans now? Who gives a **** what he said? What does suspending or fining him accomplish, nothing at all. Chances are Scott will talk all this **** ande Hines will **** him up again. Hines is a big boy, he can take care of himself, he doesn't need Roger Goodell to get his back and protect him from Bart ****ing Scott.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2007, 11:36 AM
What a bunch of **** !! These guys are the biggest cry babies on the planet !!

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/119468748998290.xml&coll=2

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Mary Kay CabotPlain Dealer Reporter

Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Hines Ward defended himself Friday against charges by Browns cor nerback Daven Holly and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Bart Scott that he's a cheap-shot artist.

"I'm not a dirty player," Ward said Friday in a telephone interview. "If I was trying to hurt somebody, I'd go low and try to take their knees out. It's a violent enough game as it is. I don't go out and try to intentionally hurt people."

Ward was fined $5,000 for a late hit and unnecessary roughness on Holly in the Sept. 9 game at Cleveland Browns Stadium, a 34-7 Steelers win. The hit knocked Holly unconscious and out of the game with a concussion. Holly also sat out the next week against Cincinnati.

Scott got into it with Ward during a game last Monday night for what Scott felt were cheap shots on him and Ravens safety Ed Reed. Ward was not flagged or fined for either of those hits, but said Scott threatened to kill him during the game. Scott confirmed that to the Baltimore Sun this week.

"If I see him again, I'm going to threaten him again," Scott said.

Holly also said he would try to light Ward up during Sunday's rematch in Pittsburgh.

"No doubt," Holly said. "I'm looking at every chance I can to go out there and compete and get him back. I'm sure guys will remember that and be looking for him."

Such talk doesn't sit well with Ward.

"When you've got a guy talking about getting me back, he's got to understand that he's calling me out, too," Ward said. "If I had wanted to hurt Daven Holly, believe me, I could have. It's comical to me that these guys are all of a sudden worried about little old me."

Ward, one of the fiercest-blocking receivers in the league at 6-0, 205 pounds, said apparently Scott and Holly are not used to encountering a physical receiver.

GoBenGo
11-10-2007, 11:47 AM
and then what? are they handing out vagina's to Steelers fans now? .:haha: Only the first 5000 get them though!

GoBenGo
11-10-2007, 11:55 AM
and then what? are they handing out vagina's to Steelers fans now? Who gives a shiat what he said? What does suspending or fining him accomplish, nothing at all. Chances are Scott will talk all this shiat ande Hines will **** him up again. Hines is a big boy, he can take care of himself, he doesn't need Roger Goodell to get his back and protect him from Bart ****ing Scott.
And your dead-on with the rest!!:bigthumb: It is DB's and LB's that need to watch out. Especially on a team in which the offense is constantly setting its own defense up for failure. That is why most of the other Ravens haven't signed on to Fart Scott's tantrum.They seem more realistic.
Our boys hit , hit hard. They will knock the crap out any DB or LB.

floodcitygirl
11-10-2007, 12:06 PM
and then what? are they handing out vagina's to Steelers fans now? Ummm.........no thanks.....:dunno:........lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2007, 12:14 PM
You didn't Ben complaining when Bart sacked him and drove him into the ground last year. Ben took the hit like a man and kept his mouth shut. Bart needs to STFU and just play football and quit his damn whining. There's a thousand other NFL players that are just as big and strong as he is so it's not like he's intimidating anybody. Players like Hines and the rest of the league just laugh when he acts like that and makes a jackass out of himself.

K Train
11-10-2007, 12:16 PM
let him keep talking, the whole team just embarrasses itself with **** like this

BBG7
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
This is kindof funny if you ask me. What do they expect Hines to do....just stand there and let the defense do what they want. Sorry boys this is the NFL and if you can't take it, get off the field. You know these guys would be talking mad sh*t if they had some hits like that - so I gues it's ok for them...but not Hines.

Hahaha keep rying Ravens...you are keeping Kleenex in business!!!

floodcitygirl
11-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I have heard before from Clown fans that they believe Hines to be one of the dirtiest players in the league. It amazes me still.

TEEMONT
11-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Hines has a little dirty in him...he plays hard, but trust me he has a little dirty in him.

K Train
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
dont we all ;)

They just get so mad cause hes not a big dude and getting jacked up by him is embarrassing

floodcitygirl
11-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Hines has a little dirty in him...he plays hard, but trust me he has a little dirty in him.Never to my mind! With the way he smiles??? lol

Seriously...I've not seen that. Hit and play hard, yes....but dirty....like trying to purposely take someone out???

K Train
11-10-2007, 07:01 PM
he doest take some shot.....alot of our players do, especially quiet little troy lol

floodcitygirl
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
he doest take some shot.....alot of our players do, especially quiet little troy lolTroy??? Blasphemy! :jawdrop:

Mike Tomlin
11-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I hope they keep talking about it , all it does is help us. Now every defense in the league is going to play timid against us.Its hard enough to play a defensive sceme in the NFL , now they have to worry about gettin hit in the earhole by our receivers. Not only does our defense hit but so does our offense. Hines doesn't sound scared at all to me lol!

SteelerSteve
11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
and then what? are they handing out vagina's to Steelers fans now? Who gives a shiat what he said? What does suspending or fining him accomplish, nothing at all. Chances are Scott will talk all this shiat ande Hines will **** him up again. Hines is a big boy, he can take care of himself, he doesn't need Roger Goodell to get his back and protect him from Bart ****ing Scott.Yeah dude, I agree with you. People talk shiat on the field, thats how its always been and who cares if he says he will kill hines, if I were him I would be worried about Hines killing me.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Never to my mind! With the way he smiles??? lol

Seriously...I've not seen that. Hit and play hard, yes....but dirty....like trying to purposely take someone out???:lol: I agree, I have never seen him take a completley dirty shot. He doesn't mean to knock guys out of the game, he just kinda does it:lol:

BB2W
11-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm sure the NFL is proud to have the likes of Bart Scott representing their sport. :rolleyes:

I don't consider Ward a dirty player... he takes his shots when given the chance. It is always before the whistle and he never goes low. He shouldn't play with less intensity because certain defenders aren't ready for contact at all times. When a player like Ward is on the field you gotta keep your head on a swivel and be ready for a receiver who is willing to block and hit hard.

I played football at the High School level and I loved the chances you got to flatten someone who wasn't ready. It's part of the sport. Players that like to hit look for those opportunities. It's fun...

If you're trying to make a play on defense... you should be prepared for someone who is trying to make a block for the offense.

Ward is just so much more intense than most receivers that they just aren't ready for it and they get pissed after the fact.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2007, 02:23 AM
You tell em Ed !!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07315/832948-66.stm

What is it with the big, tough, Baltimore defensive players? They continue to whine whenever a wide receiver throws a block at them.

The latest is linebacker Bart Scott, who said in the Baltimore Sun this past week that he threatened to "kill" Hines Ward Monday night after the Steelers receiver blocked him.

"I threatened him," Scott said. "If I see him again, I'm going to threaten him again."

It must have to do with wearing the purple and black because even Rod Woodson, when he played for the Ravens, complained about Ward's blocks.

I suppose even when you play on one of the NFL's better defenses, you don't like it when a wide receiver blocks you. And when those blocks are big enough -- as Ward's was on Scott -- that they're shown all over ESPN, the big, bad linebacker's pride gets hurt.

Isn't this the same Bart Scott who exhilarated in the hit he put on Ben Roethlisberger last season when he had a free shot? That was OK, fly in unblocked and smack into a standing target who cannot see you? But get bowled over by a wide receiver, and it's not so much fun, eh, Bart?

"I just think he took some shots that he didn't have to, and I'm not even talking about my shot. I'm talking about the Ed Reed stuff.''

Oh, that's right, Ward also had the audacity to throw a block on the All-Pro safety. Gee, what's next? He might block one of their defensive linemen?

"With mine, I think I was pulling up,'' Scott whined. "I was letting up because I thought [Willie Parker] was going to run out of bounds. I should've just went for the cheap shot and hit him out of bounds. Then I wouldn't have had to worry about getting blindsided. That's fine, though. He's out there in safe land as a receiver, but I'll get an opportunity one day."

Safe land as a receiver? Ward has probably been hit harder more times in his career than Bart Scott as a linebacker and he has had the concussions to prove it. Pound for pound, though, I'll take Ward on my tough-guy team over the Ray Lewis-wannabe Scott any day.