PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jackson?

SteelerFan87
11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
If the Pats release Chad Jackson, anyone else think we should bring him in for a tryout? He was a 1st round pick IIRC, so he has talent, but in New England they consider him a bust. After the way they got Vrabel to suddenly turn into a good player, I'd LOVE to pick up Jackson off their scrap heap and have him turn into a solid #2 or #3 WR.

$teeler$guy
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
If the Pats release Chad Jackson, anyone else think we should bring him in for a tryout? He was a 1st round pick IIRC, so he has talent, but in New England they consider him a bust. After the way they got Vrabel to suddenly turn into a good player, I'd LOVE to pick up Jackson off their scrap heap and have him turn into a solid #2 or #3 WR.

you know i think we should give him a shot i was watching a couple of vids on him isn't that bad

Friday133
11-08-2007, 01:55 PM
At this point though, what is the likelihood he would get cut?

SteelerFan87
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
At this point though, what is the likelihood he would get cut?

Well he seems to be on the very fringe of their roster. It seems like they're just holding onto him for a little bit longer hoping he'll show them something, but they're running out of patience.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Im not sure I could see us making any changes at WR at this point in the season. Although anything is possible I think we are content to see what we have in Willie Reid and if Nate can step up consitently. Im not exactly thrilled about our depth at WR behind the 2 starters so it's an area that definitely needs addressed soon.

K Train
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
i was wondering about him, he was supposed to go ahead of santonio on alot of mocks.

**** him though, we dont need any gator busts on this team lol

$teeler$guy
11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
its not like we need him but he might make something happen

Blitzburgh55
11-08-2007, 05:30 PM
he waS 2ND ROUND PICK i though

black an gold 4 life
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
yea but who would we cut on the team 4 an unproving w.r? from what i seen he's alright but we need consent production from the w.r spot!!!!!!!,u know ben has an problem throwing 2 recievers he don't trust,if they cut him it can't hurt 2try him out though plus he can give us info on there offense lol !!!!

K Train
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
he waS 2ND ROUND PICK i though

he was, really early second, top 5 i think.

but he was a first round prospect

BB2W
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
We already passed on him once and I'm very glad we did... Holmes has been great. I would rather stick with what we got. :2cents:

I remember when LITP thought Jackson was gonna be the next Jerry Rice because he caught some balls in front of a JUGS machine. He was sure Jackson would be better than Holmes. Too bad we can't finish the debate... Oh yeah, I guess it is finished. :lol:

NOVA STEELERS
11-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Drop C. Wilson and pick him up if he becomes available.......... :2cents:

$teeler$guy
11-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Drop C. Wilson and pick him up if he becomes available.......... :2cents:

sounds good to me :crossfingers::crossfingers: