PDA

View Full Version : Shula: Spygate Would Mar Pats' Undefeated Season

Koopa
11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
New York Daily News - Don Shula, the coach of the only perfect season in NFL history, believes the Patriots have a legitimate shot at running the table and joining his '72 Dolphins in going undefeated in the regular season and playoffs. But if they can pull it off, Shula insists the NFL needs to place an asterisk next to the Patriots in the record books because Bill Belichick got caught cheating in the Spygate scandal.

Shula is naturally protective of the Dolphins' accomplishment and certainly wants that '72 team to stand alone. Long ago, he said, he learned that "rooting doesn't make anything happen. The Patriots look so good. I think they got a real shot at doing it."

The Dolphins were 14-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs, including the Super Bowl. If the Patriots don't lose, they will finish 19-0. Shula admires the Patriots' team, but then, without being asked, he said Spygate negatively impacts the way they should be perceived this season.

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it," Shula told the Daily News yesterday. "Belichick was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,00 and they lost a first-round draft choice. That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found."

this is why i hate old ppl :lol:

you could probably say that on the past, but not this season, they were caught in the first half of the season, and they are still dominating the league

i think the 72 dolphins need to stfu, because it was the 70s for one, and they only played 14 games in a season, and i heard they only played 2 teams with a winning record, so lets put an asterisk on their record lol............ and i hate all old teams that think they are the ****, no team in teh 70s could hang with a team in todays era

oh yeah, **** the patriots

RW318
11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Asterisks are the way to go in sports today....if you're a cheater.

Regardless, it didn't effect the whole year other than them being called cheaters for their cheating. I feel as if there should always be an asterisk next to the season....even if they don't go undefeated or win the Superbowl. Right next to the asterisk in small letters it needs to say "spygate".

People are gonna say "it was one game yadda yadda yadda"...but whether you cheat once or 150 times...it's cheating am I correct? Should cheating be overlooked? NEVER.

What's even worse is you have people saying "everyone does it"....then you have people involved with the football world pretty much saying that's a dumb *** statement. People are riding pretty hard for cheaters....but then again people are afraid to make "excuses"....even if those "excuses" are legit truthful statements. Like this one....the Patriots are cheaters.

What's even worse is people think the punishment fit the crime. The Patriots lose the 30 something pick in the draft but get to keep a possible top 5. **** it....every good team with two draft picks should start doing it and laugh at the commish when his "brutal punishment" is handed down lol.

Koopa
11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
don't take this the wrong way, cause i agree, they are cheaters, but all ppl want to do now a days is put an astrisks by everything when it's happening against them, if it was shulas team he would never say that.........or if it was your teams you wouldn't say put and asktrisks........

and i just think it's stupid to talk down on the whole season, it was the first game, wow, sure, talk down on there 3 other super bowl wins, but i doubt they've been cheating this year after the opening game

and i think it's stupid when teams of the 70s talk down, them fools didn't do **** but play 2 teams with a winning record and only played 14 games a season, that dolphins team would be doing what this dolphins team is doing this year 0-7......

so as always, **** the patriots..........

BBG7
11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
As much as I hate to say it....this season, the Pats are dominating even after they were caught and handed over all their notes and videos. I don't think the spygate scandle will taint this season as much as the past SBs. It
seems as though the NFL is keeping something from all of us. If there was no evidence of cheating in the playoffs and the SBs then why the hell destroy all the evidence that proved they were innocent. The NFL is hiding something and I do believe it ruins this entire "dyansty".

This year is something different, and I doubt they are still doing it. If they do go undefeated they will get the credit they deserve however, they will always be questioned and this "dynasty" will always be tainted.

RW318
11-06-2007, 08:55 PM
don't take this the wrong way, cause i agree, they are cheaters, but all ppl want to do now a days is put an astrisks by everything when it's happening against them, if it was shulas team he would never say that.........or if it was your teams you wouldn't say put and asktrisks........

and i just think it's stupid to talk down on the whole season, it was the first game, wow, sure, talk down on there 3 other super bowl wins, but i doubt they've been cheating this year after the opening game

and i think it's stupid when teams of the 70s talk down, them fools didn't do shiat but play 2 teams with a winning record and only played 14 games a season, that dolphins team would be doing what this dolphins team is doing this year 0-7......

so as always, **** the patriots..........

No but everyone else would be saying it and I would expect that and accept it. The fact is if you cheat....you cheated and everything that comes your way in the **** storm is deserved.

The fact is though...spygate was part of this season. They did indeed cheat...this season. One game or 16...they're registered cheaters for the 07 season lol. There should be an astrisk next to this season...because it was the season with proof of it being found and everything being brought to light.

Koopa
11-06-2007, 09:09 PM
then the 72 dolphins need an asterisks saying they only played 2 teams with a winning record, and only played 14 regular season games, and they were in an inferior era :lol:

black an gold 4 life
11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
F*** THE CHEATERS THEY GOT CAUGHT AN U CAN C AN DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY TEAMS GET PRESSURE ON BRADY, THEY WILL ALLWAYS HAVE AN ASTERIK BY THERE SEASON N THE FANS MINDS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY DID, ROGER ********GOODELL SENT OUT MEMOS 2 ALL 32 TEAMS THAT IT WOULDN'T B TOLERATED,THEN HE SLAPS BILL DICKBELICHEAT ON THE HAND? W T F GO FIGURE,ANYWAY F*** THE CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!