PDA

View Full Version : 75th Anniversary Gala

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Check out the slide show listed in the left hand column under images:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07309/831285-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2007, 12:28 AM
What a way to honor all those greats with a win tonight ! It was an awesome sight to behold seeing all those great gathered together and the fans cheering and waving the towels, damn it makes me proud to a Steeler fan !

black an gold 4 life
11-06-2007, 01:13 AM
YES IT WAS GREAT 2 HONOR THE ALL TIMERS WITH AN GOOD OLD AZZZZZZZZZZZZZ KICKING,WAY 2 GO STEELERS,THERE WAS NO WAY PITTSBURGH LOST 2NIGHT

BlitzburghNation
11-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Got chills seeing our old steelers & brought back some great memories !

Wish I could've been at this great game,,,,,,,,,What a night :towelwave:

BBG7
11-06-2007, 09:59 AM
great pics thanks for posting!

Blitzburgh55
11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Why wasnt the Bus there

steelerfan11
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
The Bus was there last night...I think Lambert didn't go though and I am not sure why he wasn't there.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah Jerome was there, right beside Bradshaw on the field. I didn't see Lambert though. I saw Greg Lloyd too, he was having a great time, they all were.

BBG7
11-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah Jerome was there, right beside Bradshaw on the field. I didn't see Lambert though. I saw Greg Lloyd too, he was having a great time, they all were.

Lambert couldn't make it...

BB2W
11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I thought ESPN could have done a little more with it, but they had to have enough time to talk about the Patriots and Colts. :rolleyes:

steelershoss
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
that is so true, I was dissapointed with the half time ceremonies. I was expecting a good, no a GREAT SHOW, but nothing live was seen. 75th anniversary of one the greatest teams in pro sports, and TOM BRADY, blah , blah, blah

SteelerFan87
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I was so pissed with ESPN's coverage (or lack of coverage) of it. They just had to have their little mini-PTI segment. Bah.

I did notice that Joey Porter got some boos when they announced him. That was disgraceful. I'm so ashamed of all the people who booed him. I mean, here's a guy who gave everything he had for the Steelers. Who was loved by his teammates. Who bleeds Black and Gold, even now. I mean, you can see that even now that he's in Miami, he still thinks of himself as a Steeler and wishes he was still here in Pittsburgh. It's not like he wanted to leave, we released him. And yet people booed him? Terrible. James Harrison should have gone up in the stands and found every single retard who booed Peezy, and slammed them to the ground like that Browns fan. I hate how some people think that any time they see a former Pittsburgh player in another uniform, they have to boo.

$teeler$guy
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
nice pics and it was a great game for james Harrison complete beast

GoBenGo
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Fantastic article. What I would have given to be there. Dick Hoak summed up the Steeler experience about as good as you can.
Generations of players were represented at the gala. Dick Hoak, who spent 45 years with the organization as a player and a coach, remembered rustic practices at South Park and playing games at Forbes Field and Pitt Stadium.

"If it weren't for football, I don't know what I would have done," he said. "I went through life without ever having to move, without ever being fired, without ever having to transfer to another city. How many people can say that?"
I am so proud to be a Steeler fan, and be associated, no matter how peripherally, with a team great in every sense.