PDA

View Full Version : Colts cheating also?

Stlrs4Life
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

You should remember that the Colts were accused of pumping in extra loud crowd noise during their games. Last night, near the start of the fourth quarter, the Pats are on offense and the crowd is particularly loud. Suddenly, the crowd noise sounds like a skipping CD then goes silent.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I remember that while watching the game, I thought it was some kinda feedback ... I dunno if it is cheating definitely unethical...

Forged in Steel
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I was watching this yesterday and heard the same thing! I thought it was some loud truck or engine or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Prosdo
11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Hmm...

BBG7
11-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Well let me just tell you this. I was at the Monday night game that they were accused of it, I was also there for the playoff game later in the year after they were being watched for pumping in noise. I can without a doubt, say there is no question they pumped in noise for the monday night game against us. I had never heard anything that loud in my life. If I wasn't at the playoff game later that year, I would have believed the fans were pumped up for a Monday night game. However, are you going to tell me they were more pumped up for a Monday night game over a playoff game. The noise wasn't even close to comparing, not even when the teams were coming out on the field.

Don't know if they did it last night though.

AZ_Steeler
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Hopefully this is looked into because once they turned it off it wasn't loud in there at all! That's why I hate domes... all the stadiums should be open!

BBG7
11-05-2007, 11:25 AM
They were being watched after our Monday night game there.....
I did hear someone say he was at the game and he was there on the Monday night game against us and he said the noise didn't compare yesterday to the noise on Monday night. I don't know what to think. There could have been something wrong with the camera recording it this time....but no one will tell me it wasn't done against us!

BR7
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
lol.. if you're not cheating, you're not trying. I too thought it was bad brodcasting feedback or something. Didn't give it much thought until now.

K Train
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
thats alot of noise for a television set to broadcast, im sure it wasnt their crowd noise CD skipping lol

SteelerFan87
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Isn't the roof of their dome made out of some kind of cloth or something? At least that's how it looks. If I were making a dome, I'd make the ceiling out of metal so the noise bounces right back down to the field instead of getting absorbed. Then you wouldn't have to pipe in extra crowd noise.

AZ_Steeler
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
AZ_SteelerFan and I were watching this game and he saw a banner hanging up in the end zone that read as follows:

Stadium... $675 million
Quarterback... $9.9 million
Winning with Integrity...
Priceless!

Maybe they should rethink that sign next time! :D

black an gold 4 life
11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? makes u wonder i was think why were they not making much noise either,well they say if ur not cheating ur not trying oh well, it is what it is lol

Hawk Believer
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
From ESPN....

NFL says Patriots claim of extra crowd noise unsubstantiated

Updated: November 5, 2007, 3:21 PM ET

The NFL says no artificial crowd noise was pumped into the RCA Dome on Sunday during the New England-Indianapolis game, despite claims otherwise by Patriots team president Jonathan Kraft.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Yahoo! Sports reported earlier that the NFL was looking into charges Kraft made after Sunday's 24-20 New England win. Kraft told NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich -- the same man involved in confiscating the Patriots' videotape made in a Week 2 game against the New York Jets that cost Belichick $500,000, the Patriots $250,000 and a first-round draft pick -- that he felt there was extra noise in the stadium.

Aiello said, according to Yahoo!: "We're aware of it and we're looking into it. It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Monday, he said that was indeed the case.

Kraft is the latest in a line of people who have accused the Colts of enhancing crowd noise in their domed stadium. It has never been proven.

RW318
11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Was just about to say that ^.

Domes tend to be loud....especially during a hyped to hell game. You couldn't even hear any Patriots fans and they've been coming out of the nowhere this year. Leads me to believe that it was practically all Colts fans. So I'm sure it was louder than usual.

AZ_Steeler
11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Link to story... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/RCA-Dome-security-guard-says-noise-is-enhanced;_ylt=AlQ64YSO9xDXTCqtiHkRCU3sYNAF?urn=nfl ,52696)
The NFL may have concluded that the Indianapolis Colts weren't cheating against the New England Patriots on Sunday, but one of their own security guards is allegedly telling a different story according to WBZ-TV in Boston.

A day after some unusual sounds were heard during the Colts-Patriots broadcast Sunday, the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise at the RCA Dome was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts.

But WBZ Photojournalist Bryan Foley says an unidentified RCA Dome security guard told him Sunday that the Colts do enhance the crowd noise.

"He said, 'I don't know if you know this, but they actually pick up the crowd noise and pump it back through the P.A. (public address system)'"

Source: WBZ-TV

BBG7
11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
interesting

GoBenGo
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Would make sense to have your announcer in a location that when his mic is open, surrounding noise is picked up. But let's be real, sold out game, dome, lot of energy surrounding the game in general, it would be loud. How could you tell if it was electronically enhanced? You can't hear the announcers at a open stadium.
Now back to sports...

$teeler$guy
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
i just lost all of respect for indy