PDA

View Full Version : Easy Ham Barbeques...

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-05-2007, 12:28 AM
A Pittsburgh Classic... easy and quick crowd pleaser

2 pounds Chipped ham
8 oz. Heinz Ketchup, maybe a little more as needed
4 oz. Sweet Pickle relish

First off for all you out-of-towners who don't know what chipped ham is , it's chopped ham sliced paper thin.

Take the chipped ham and rip it into smaller pieces and place into 2 qt pot. Now mix in the relish and ketchup and heat through. Serve on hamburger bun , or whatever you prefer add a slice of cheese if ya like.

Easy recipe that brings a taste of summer anytime.

***NOTE ***Chipped ham can be bought in any deli in America. It is Chopped Ham but sliced very very thin, almost shredded. You don't have to use Chopped Ham , any type will do ,just make sure they cut it as thin as possible.

floodcitygirl
11-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Just try asking a deli outside of Western PA for chipped ham.....or in my case "chippy chopped ham". LOL!

PsychoWard
11-05-2007, 02:33 PM
mmmm i love chipped ham!!!!

NOVA STEELERS
11-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Do they sell chipped ham outside of PA???? I'm not familiar with it :o(

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Chipped ham can be bought in any deli in America. It is Chopped Ham but sliced very very thin, almost shredded. You don't have to use Chopped Ham , any type will do ,just make sure they cut it as thin as possible.

steelersgal86
11-07-2007, 07:15 AM
my mom always called it chip chopped ham....but that does sound good...thanks

NOVA STEELERS
11-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the Info........... Will make a trip by the Deli this weekend :ty:

stillers4me
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I make ham barbeque with a Cinci flair.......I use Montgomery Inn barbeque sauce.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!!

floodcitygirl
11-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I make ham barbeque with a Cinci flair.......I use Montgomery Inn barbeque sauce.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!!Gotta love Montgomery Inn sauce. One thing this town has right for sure.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2007, 08:32 AM
You can get chipped ham around here you just have to ask the Deli counter to cut it that way for you. They don't have it sitting out in the deli area like they do other stuff.