PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

Koopa
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
this dude deserves another thread lol

he is a ****ing beast........and he's being a beast with no passing game what so ever

i wish we had a running back that was anywhere near this dudes level

K Train
11-04-2007, 05:06 PM
hes incredible.....dominating my money league

Koopa
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
295 yards and 3 tds to end the game..........straight up beast

K Train
11-04-2007, 05:40 PM
all time nfl record, had 251 and almost took another one, had 293....2 yards short of the record and childress put him back in ended up with 296.....beast

Blitzburgh55
11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I wish i had him in my leaugue

Hawk Believer
11-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Its wierd to how things play out in the NFL. Here's a guy we all knew looked really good in college. But who would have ever thought that he wouldbe this good so quickly? All part of why its fun to follow the NFL I guess.

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Always knew he would be a good RB. I always thought that the Stains should have drafted him.

black an gold 4 life
11-04-2007, 10:26 PM
man an i thought willie had an chance at the rushing title this year ol well, this cat adrian is an f****** beast the best n the business!!!!!!

K Train
11-04-2007, 10:28 PM
willie will get #2 lol

SteelerSteve
11-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Hell yeah, holy shiat, I watched this game today, and I was amazed. Chester Talor is a good back as well, but Peterson, or should I say Peterson is a monster.

NOVA STEELERS
11-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Showed alot out there against a pretty solid charger D

BBG7
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
He is amazing!!!

BB2W
11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I knew he would be good. I even mentioned him in the "Who would you rather have than Willie thread" before Peterson played a down.

I knew he would be good, but I didn't think he'd be unstoppable. :hail:

BBG7
11-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I knew he would be good. I even mentioned him in the "Who would you rather have than Willie thread" before Peterson played a down.

I knew he would be good, but I didn't think he'd be unstoppable. :hail:

I don't think anyone realized he would be this good!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2007, 02:00 PM
He'll hit that rookie wall at some point this year and when he does he'll hit it hard so I'll be anxious to see how he plays through it. The dude is amazing though and doing it with no passing game at all makes it all the more incredible.

Koopa
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
there is no rookie wall for this beast, the dude is running against 8 man fronts all game all season cause he has no qb, and he's still beastly....... i'm so jealous of the vikings, having a running back that can be beastly all day no matter what, damn if he was here with ben, we'd be unstoppable........ but nooooo we are stuck with a running back that dominates the weak and shows why he was undrafted against the decent :lol:

TEEMONT
11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
there is no rookie wall for this beast, the dude is running against 8 man fronts all game all season cause he has no qb, and he's still beastly....... i'm so jealous of the vikings, having a running back that can be beastly all day no matter what, damn if he was here with ben, we'd be unstoppable........ but nooooo we are stuck with a running back that dominates the weak and shows why he was undrafted against the decent :lol:

No running back in the league would have done **** against the Ravens the way our line was run blocking.

3 months ago you were bitchin that Willie wasn't LT, now that LT is playing average, you had to go and find the new best RB in the league. Next year it will be someone else. You bitch too much dude. I don't know if you noticed, but Willie is one of the reasons we won the SB two years ago.

I know you like to bitch, just to hear yourself talk, but damn dude, we are 6-2, just laid a ****ing beat down on a team that DOMINATED us a year ago, and you make a thread bitching about Willie not being as good as Adrian Peterson. Willie is better than you give him credit for being. Barry Sanders or Walter Payton wouldnt have had 50 yards yesterday, not when the line isn't opening up any holes at all. Watch the game, then seriously tell me Peterson would have had 100 yards in the game, then I will tell you, you are a moron.

All that being said, Peterson is a beast, if he gets into the 2nd level, he is almost impossible bring down. Even though teams are stacking 8 in the box against him, it doesn't matter, his line is more suited to block the run anyways. Jim Kleinsasser is also one of the best FB/TE's, blocking-wise, in the league. There aren't too many upper-echelon RB's, including Willie, who wouldn't thrive in Minnesota right now.

K Train
11-06-2007, 03:43 PM

he doesnt have girl scouts blocking for him though

Koopa
11-06-2007, 04:35 PM
No running back in the league would have done shiat against the Ravens the way our line was run blocking.

3 months ago you were bitchin that Willie wasn't LT, now that LT is playing average, you had to go and find the new best RB in the league. Next year it will be someone else. You bitch too much dude. I don't know if you noticed, but Willie is one of the reasons we won the SB two years ago.

I know you like to bitch, just to hear yourself talk, but damn dude, we are 6-2, just laid a ****ing beat down on a team that DOMINATED us a year ago, and you make a thread bitching about Willie not being as good as Adrian Peterson. Willie is better than you give him credit for being. Barry Sanders or Walter Payton wouldnt have had 50 yards yesterday, not when the line isn't opening up any holes at all. Watch the game, then seriously tell me Peterson would have had 100 yards in the game, then I will tell you, you are a moron.

All that being said, Peterson is a beast, if he gets into the 2nd level, he is almost impossible bring down. Even though teams are stacking 8 in the box against him, it doesn't matter, his line is more suited to block the run anyways. Jim Kleinsasser is also one of the best FB/TE's, blocking-wise, in the league. There aren't too many upper-echelon RB's, including Willie, who wouldn't thrive in Minnesota right now.

actually i made this thread before last night, so i dind't make to just bitch about it......... i never said peterson is teh best back, and i've been saying and still am saying i'm hard on willie cause he said straight up he wants to be better than lt and hasn't lived up to it, and i'd still take lt right now over willie

dookie ran better then willie last night.......willie has never played good against decent teams...... and probably never will, you can only blame the oline for so long, after awhile you finally got to take willie's nuts out of your mouth and realize he isn't all taht great

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Ok I'll be the devil's advocate ... How would he do against the STEELER D ? Would he be able to break the string of games we got of no back getting 100 yds? :stirpot:

BB2W
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok I'll be the devil's advocate ... How would he do against the STEELER D ? Would he be able to break the string of games we got of no back getting 100 yds? :stirpot:It depends on the type of game... If we jump out to a lead it is obviously less likely, but if it was a close game and he was getting some carries he would be tough to contain.

I would love to watch us shut him down after seeing what he's capable of. :yesnod:

Koopa
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Ok I'll be the devil's advocate ... How would he do against the STEELER D ? Would he be able to break the string of games we got of no back getting 100 yds? :stirpot:

naw, cause we've shut down many good backs before....... he'd get about 50-60 on us

K Train
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Peterson is nuts, but we would shut him down, i have no doubt...teams can beat us but no way can they run on us

TEEMONT
11-07-2007, 12:58 AM
actually i made this thread before last night, so i dind't make to just bitch about it......... i never said peterson is teh best back, and i've been saying and still am saying i'm hard on willie cause he said straight up he wants to be better than lt and hasn't lived up to it, and i'd still take lt right now over willie

dookie ran better then willie last night.......willie has never played good against decent teams...... and probably never will, you can only blame the oline for so long, after awhile you finally got to take willie's nuts out of your mouth and realize he isn't all taht great

Willie has more yards than LT, comparable YPC, and 9 20+ rushes. I know you hate long runs, so we will take those away. We will also take AP's 9 20+ runs away, and his are all significantly longer than Willie's.

You can blame the O-line forever, until it gets decent. When our Oline starts playing consistently, then you can call Willie inconsistent. People always blame Ben's problems on the O-line, so why not Willie's? It makes sense, if the Oline can't block well against good D's then Willie will not run well against good D's, or is that too much common sense for you?

You hate on Willie so hard it makes me laugh. It's not like he said he IS better than LT, he just said he wants to be better than LT, and why the **** wouldn't he want to be, LT is the best, every RB should want to be as good as him, and not get hated on b/c he isn't as good as him.

Willie is 2nd in the league in rushing, climb off of his nuts. We can't be the Spurs and have the best player at every position.

Koopa
11-07-2007, 01:10 AM
i'm not one of those ppl that blames bens retardedness on the oline, so that's why i don't blame the oline for willie

and sure willie is having a better season than lt, but when he straight up said he wants to be better then him, it was before the season, so what he meant was be better then lt's whole career, and he hasn't shown he's anywhere near that level......... and i know he said he wants to be better not that he is better, which is why i've never said that, but when you say that, it means he's gonna come out and be great, he hasn't yet.........sure he's been the best rb in the afc, but that's it

and i don't nessesarly hate long runs, i hate when they have a long *** run like, willies 75 yard super bowl run but only end up with 80+ yards for the day, have you seen peterson play?? well i've seen him his whole college career and now the nfl, and the dude is great, he fights for everything, and when he's tackled he doesn't go back 3 yards like willie does

and how come you can hate on ben all day everyday and it's fine, but when i hate on willie you get upset???

also the spurs don't have the best player at every position, only 1, and that's tim duncan........ the rest of the team is average without him

K Train
11-07-2007, 02:01 AM
im happy with willie, not every RB has the talents of AD, or the offensive line...which is beastly

and we DO in fact have a terrible oline, and no one really runs on the ravens because of ngata. we knew willie wasnt gonna have success, and he will shred the browns this week. But theres three teams that dont get run on, us, the jags and the ravens...willie wont move on the jags but its not because he sucks its because the line gets manhandled by those earthquakes in the middle. Theres not a RB in the league that can run on us, that doesnt mean they suck....willie is a good RB, #2 in the league in yards, and thats not because he sucks. He had an assload of TDs last year, that declined this year cause ben is throwing career #s in TDs

TEEMONT
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
i'm not one of those ppl that blames bens retardedness on the oline, so that's why i don't blame the oline for willie

Yeah but most of Ben's retardedness could be blamed on the Oline, and I think Willie's issues can be too. You could have had Barry Sanders back there on Sunday, and it wouldn't have mad ea difference.

and sure willie is having a better season than lt, but when he straight up said he wants to be better then him, it was before the season, so what he meant was be better then lt's whole career, and he hasn't shown he's anywhere near that level......... and i know he said he wants to be better not that he is better, which is why i've never said that, but when you say that, it means he's gonna come out and be great, he hasn't yet.........sure he's been the best rb in the afc, but that's it

Well I'd rahter him be the best in the AFC, than be the worst in the AFC. Best in the AFC so far seems to be the 2nd best in the league. I'm pretty happy with that. I'd be pretty happy if Ben was the best QB in the AFC, hell at this point I'd be happy if he was the 3rd best in the AFC.

and i don't nessesarly hate long runs, i hate when they have a long *** run like, willies 75 yard super bowl run but only end up with 80+ yards for the day, have you seen peterson play?? well i've seen him his whole college career and now the nfl, and the dude is great, he fights for everything, and when he's tackled he doesn't go back 3 yards like willie does

Dude, who hasn't sen Peterson play at this point? If it weren't for the Pats and the Colts, thats all we would see on ESPN. I love watching Peterson play, the dude is a beast, like I stated before, and he is easily the best 2nd level runner in the NFL. Once he gets into the linebackers, the D is going to have issues. All I am saying is his line is doing a lot for him, his line is suited to run the ball, looks at the beasts on that line, especially the left side and the Center. AP is better than Willie, no doubt, but I just think you are a bit too hard on Willie, the man isn't soft, and he is also quite a bit smaller than AP.

and how come you can hate on ben all day everyday and it's fine, but when i hate on willie you get upset???

I haven't hated on Ben for a while, mainly since he has been proving me wrong this year. however, the answer to your question is, I'm special. I may have hated on Ben, but people stuck up for him, including you, so why can't I stick up for Willie? At least I don't see Willie hamming it up with Carson Daly all off-season, lol.

$teeler$guy
11-07-2007, 09:04 PM
he is the best rookie i have ever seen better.he has a great future if he stays clean and don't get injuried

K Train
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
just wanted to say....my fantasy team missed you AD!!!!

Blitzburghpete
12-08-2007, 03:06 PM
LOL,

Well i got 4 fantasy teams and have AP in 3 of them!! Ha ha. Read it and weep !! And one of my leagues is a keeper and my other RB is LT,!!!

AP, someone said it earlier, he is a beast and i know the kid has got a lot to proove yet, but in the 27 years i've watched NFL football i have never seen a RB like him.

He has the moves of Barry Saunders
He has the Speed of FWP
he has the Hands of R Craig,
and he has the sraight ahead power of dare i say the BUS.

Man i think he is special.. and if i'm not watching a Steeler game i watch a Vikes game.

Go AP, go AP, GO!