PDA

View Full Version : 1-On-1 With Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin

SteelersWoman
11-03-2007, 05:57 AM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/14485936/detail.html?rss=pit&psp=sports

3:48 pm EDT November 1, 2007

He's gone from little-known assistant to successful first-year head coach, but quite frankly, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is a little tired of talking about his long road to the top.

Tomlin said he's only interested in the present and the future in his first season with the Steelers.

Tomlin, 35, has led the Steelers to a 5-2 start and stands alone in first place of the AFC North Division.

But the coach said the entire process is still ongoing.

"You know, I'm not going to kid myself," Tomlin said. "It's a process. You prepare for these opportunities, but you live it day-to-day."

Part of the process is forging strong working relationships with his players, something that seemed to be a concern for Steelers fans when Tomlin was hired to replace Bill Cowher in January.

"The process has really been a non-issue," Tomlin said. "It's been great. It's really kind of funny to me that someone would ask a player how they would anticipate getting along with their boss. What other place of business would somebody stick a microphone in somebody's face and ask them, 'Do you like your boss?' The opinions don't matter in regards to that, not that I take their position for granted. I don't, but they have a job to do. I have a job to do. Mutual respect is required and along the way, mutual relationships will create nice relationships. That's just human nature."

So, just how good can Tomlin's Steelers be this season? The coach said only time will tell.

"Our level or our ceiling is not in the hands of others, and that's all you can strive for in this business," Tomlin said....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2007, 07:02 AM
So far he definitely appears to be doing exactly what he set out to do and the players have responded to his methods and coaching style. Im still waiting for him to spit, yell, and carry on at some point :lol:

steelersgal86
11-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Im still waiting for him to spit, yell, and carry on at some point :lol:

:iagree: I am sure we will see something....sometime...

:rats::rats:

:gs:

SteelersWoman
11-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I've seen him get upset a couple times on the sidelines...

black an gold 4 life
11-04-2007, 01:36 AM
what i like about tomlin is he doesn't gets 2 high an he doesn't get 2 low, he's very even keel when it come 2 football,he's like an kid n an candy store, but when it comes time 2 lay down the law he pulls no punches, an the team seems 2 b taking on his personality, now i hope they all r focused an understand that they do control there destiny, go steelers!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2007, 01:45 AM
I think he's in for an awakening of sorts this monday night. As passionate as the Steeler Nation is in general with our team it goes to an entirely new level during ratbird games.