PDA

View Full Version : 7 players sit out of practice

BBG7
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Seven Steelers sit out practice
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 1, 2007

Seven Steelers players didn't practice Wednesday, including wide receivers Santonio Holmes (quadriceps) and Hines Ward (coach's decision), free safety Ryan Clark (spleen), defensive end Aaron Smith (knee) and offensive tackle Marvel Smith (coach's decision). Fullback Dan Kreider (ankle) and tight end Jerame Tuman (back) also were out. Ward caught eight passes for 88 yards and two touchdowns Sunday against the Bengals, but he is still working his way back from a sprained knee that caused him to miss two games.
Cornerback Bryant McFadden participated in his first full practice since sustaining a high ankle sprain at the end of September. McFadden, who has missed the Steelers' last three games, is hopeful that he can play Monday night when the Steelers host the Ravens.

"I feel pretty good right now, walking around and jogging," McFadden said before practice.

How well McFadden is able to cut and make other sharp movements on his hurt ankle will largely determine whether he plays against the Ravens.

The Ravens sacked Ben Roethlisberger 14 times in two games last season. When asked if he could still feel some of those hits, the Steelers quarterback said, "No, you've got to have short-term memory loss."... Ravens quarterback Steve McNair is 11-4 in games he has started against the Steelers ... The Ravens didn't practice yesterday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digits
11 - Consecutive wins the Steelers have had at home when playing on Monday night.

12.5 - Tackles Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis has averaged in 18 career games against the Steelers.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_535639.html

I'm kind of curious to know what "coach's decision" means and what that's all about.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Usually that's just the coaches sitting them out to help avoid aggravating a current injury; mostly a precautionary measure so the player can get more rehab treatment.

These guys are all key for us so we need to get them healthy. I'd rather have them sit out a day or 2 so they can be ready for monday night.

NOVA STEELERS
11-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Anyone know the status of Arron Smith, think him being out was the reason that watson had some big runs on us last week

AZ_Steeler
11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I would say 5 of those 7 will be ready to go come Monday night... Clark will be out and McFadden is iffy.

ARKIESTEEL
11-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Will Dan be back at FB???

black an gold 4 life
11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
IT'S AN SMART MOVE 2 SIT VETERANS WARD, AN SMITH ( MARVEL) DOWN THOSE GUYS RAELLY DON'T NEED ALOT OF PRACTICE TIME, I EXCITED 2 C SMITH N THE GAME,AN IF WE CAN GET MCFADDEN BACK THAT JUST TIGHTENS UP OUR DFENSE MORE, I BELIEVE ARRON SMITH WILL START HE BEEN RUNNING REALLY GOOD, SO I BELIEVE HE'S READY!! DAN THE MAN WILL B READY, BUT IF NOT I FEEL GOOD ABOUT DAVIS, I CAN'T WAIT UNTILL MONDAY NIGHT GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!:tt02::cope::banana::gs::gs:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2007, 06:14 AM
I would say 5 of those 7 will be ready to go come Monday night... Clark will be out and McFadden is iffy.

yeah most of them are back at practice now which is good becuz the ratbirds are getting several players back from injury so it's important for us to be at full strength and be ready for them.

stillers4me
11-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Anyone know the status of Arron Smith, think him being out was the reason that watson had some big runs on us last week

I read yesterday that Watson got a concussion. His head hit Levi Jones' knee during Harrison's fumble scuffle.