PDA

View Full Version : OUTTAKES: Bart Scott

SteelersWoman
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=23708
October 31, 2007

BR.com had a chance to sit down for a quick Q and A with “The Mad Backer” before the Ravens travel to Pittsburgh for Monday Night Football. Here’s what Baltimore’s second-leading tackler had to say…

Explain the atmosphere of a game between the Ravens and Steelers…
“It’s like going to a heavyweight fight. You’re going to get your money’s worth, because both teams are going to stand in the middle of the ring and go toe to toe. We’re not carbon copies of each other, but we’re built the same and we have the same philosophy. We try to impose our physical will on each other. Whoever is left standing at the end, after all the power blows, is usually the team that wins.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploadedImages/News/Articles/103107Bart_in.jpg

Playing in Baltimore is much friendlier to Scott than Pittsburgh.

Your teammates said you’d be the best Raven to host Saturday Night Live. What kind of skit would you do?
“I’d like to do a skit with Terry Bradshaw in a flashback game: the new Ravens versus the old Steelers. He’d have the hair slicked back looking like Hulk Hogan, me coming off the edge. You could do something fun with Terry because he’s so country. You could have him with some dip in his mouth or something. It’d have to be me with Terry Bradshaw because he’s an electric personality.”

How’d you get the nickname “Mad Backer?”
“The origin is Terrell Suggs. When I first started out, he would see me on special teams. I would always be coming off the field exchanging some words with somebody. He was like, ‘Why are you so mean? Why are you always mad? Man, you’re the Mad Backer.’ It kind of came off of the ‘Mad Rapper’ skits on the Bad Boy albums.”

Who is the toughest quarterback to bring down?
“Daunte [Culpepper] is pretty elusive and he’s pretty strong. I’ve watched guys hang on the top of him and he was still standing up. But, Ben [Roethlisberger] is hard too. He’s big, he has long arms, and he’s a little nifty in the pocket. He’ll fight to stand up. I remember my first game on Monday Night Football, Halloween [in 2005]. I came through and he kind of stiff-armed me and got the ball off anyway.”

Being a natural leader yourself, how do you balance being on a team with Ray Lewis, who has been this team’s unquestioned leader for so long?
“I really don’t say much. Almost every athlete was a leader somewhere before they came here. But, when you come to a place with established leaders, there is no need for another leader. You don’t want to have too many voices. What I like to do is lead from the back. I like to go back there and get the young guys, the guys that can’t hear Ray’s message because they didn’t come up the way he came up.

“Ray and Ed [Reed] can speak to the struggles of what it is to deal with the pressure of being a No. 1 draft pick, but they have no idea of the struggles that players like me had to deal with. They don’t understand the numbers game the same way. They don’t know about living on the edge like that and being worried about answering your phone. So that’s how I lead. I lead for the underdogs, because I’ve always been that.”

black an gold 4 life
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
:evilshake: i don't trust him atleast he was respectful,i was hoping he would give pittsburgh some bulltien board material, but then again we have motivation, after getting ur azzzzzzzzzzzz kicked twice by some ratbirds, u need no movtivation, i did here ben say that last year left an bad taste n his mouth,so hopefully we go out there an smash them ratbirds:gs::steelersrule:

BBG7
11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
:evilshake: i don't trust him atleast he was respectful,i was hoping he would give pittsburgh some bulltien board material, but then again we have motivation, after getting ur azzzzzzzzzzzz kicked twice by some ratbirds, u need no movtivation, i did here ben say that last year left an bad taste n his mouth,so hopefully we go out there an smash them ratbirds:gs::steelersrule:
We will....don't worry! It would have been nice to get some BB material, but they are being smart...they know it will take a miracle to beat us, and they don't want to give us anymore advantage than we already have.

NOVA STEELERS
11-02-2007, 08:50 AM
They know there D isn't what its cracked up to be, so they don't want to add fuel to a fire that is already burning with memories from last season........... GO STEELERS kick some ratbird a**