PDA

View Full Version : Another season, another motto, another T-shirt

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Thursday, November 01, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It started with former defensive end Ray Seals and his "60-Minute Men" T-shirts in 1994 and continued with Joey Porter's "Big Nasty D" T-shirts earlier this century.

Today, the Steelers sport a new T-shirt that reads simply "Use Me." They wore them during warmups Sunday in Cincinnati and, yes, there is a story behind it, according to defensive end Brett Keisel.

"We were in meetings once, and coach said, 'Arnold Harrison!' And Arnold said, 'Use me!' It kind of started from that.''

And its meaning?

"It means all of us are accountable and all of us in here want to be on the field," Keisel explained. "If you're on the field, then you have an expectation level you need to play to. That's what it means. When you're out there, you're part of the group and you're being useful."

Apparently, a player did not come up with the T-shirt idea in line with Seals and Porter.

"I think coach did," Keisel said of Mike Tomlin. "It wasn't any of us."

That's a great attitude to carry, being accountable for an expected level of play on the field, it's no wonder these guys seem to really like coach Tomlin !

stillers4me
11-01-2007, 07:49 AM
And in Cinci, the motto is............"Me Me Me"!

TampaSteelGirl
11-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I love what that T-shirt means! An attitude that's been missing from this Steeler team for awhile. I love Tomlins attitude and the attitude he brings to our boys!!! :tt02:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

How true! Palmer doesn't get his way and he's turning on his own players!!

floodcitygirl
11-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I love that it started with a player and the coach found it worthy to symbolize the spirit of the team.

GoBenGo
11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
That's a great attitude to carry, being accountable for an expected level of play on the field, it's no wonder these guys seem to really like coach Tomlin !
Great post! I want a Use Me shirt!
Being accountable to the man in the mirror.that's what it's all about.

Ray Lewis's says Used Up.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Chincy's defense shirts say Own Me.

BBG7
11-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Great motto!!! I love it!

AZ_Steeler
11-01-2007, 12:49 PM
:clap: Good thing someone explained what it meant... some people might take it out of context ;)

GoBenGo
11-01-2007, 01:26 PM
:clap: Good thing someone explained what it meant... some people might take it out of context ;) can I get my wife one too?

black an gold 4 life
11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
well the time is now we have 2 take care of business NOW an it starts at home monday night!! use me have 2 start NOW, this also would b an great game 2 get woodley an timmons n some at line backer,we need some fresh legs out there,some more speed, hell woodley has 3 sacks n liminited duty!! if were gonna compete with the colts, an cheaters, we have 2 step our game up another level!!

NOVA STEELERS
11-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Very cool............ I want one now..........

Stlrs4Life
11-05-2007, 12:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/dredplaymkr/DigitalCamera2025.jpg