PDA

View Full Version : Team makes Saturday night practice plans

SteelersWoman
11-01-2007, 04:01 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravensnotes31oct31,0,1671004.storyBy Don Markus | Sun reporter October 31, 2007

Live, from Owings Mills, it's Saturday night - practice.

For the first time, the Ravens will work out on a Saturday night in preparation for Monday night's road game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Ravens coach Brian Billick said after yesterday's practice that he changed the routine to coincide with his team's schedule coming off the bye week.

"Just the fact that it's a long week, to kind of get them in the rhythm of you have to be at your best come kickoff time Monday night," Billick said. "Like going to the West Coast, trying to keep a certain body time that allows you to do that. It's something we thought we'd give it a shot."

Not that the Ravens will be able to simulate the conditions at Heinz Field. Aside from possibly piping in crowd noise, the Ravens will practice on their indoor fields since the outdoor fields at their facility are without lights.

Wide receiver Mark Clayton (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenscards07-claytonholder,0,600709.blurb) is looking forward to the switch.

"It's fun, it's cool," said Clayton, who practiced some at night during his college career at Oklahoma. "Something new, it's such a long season. You come in and the schedule is always the same, over and over again. It's like 'Groundhog Day.' I'm excited about it."

Linebacker Terrell Suggs (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenscards07-suggsholder,0,6580549.blurb) is withholding his opinion until after the practice.

"I've never done it, this will be the first time for me," Suggs said. "It's going to be interesting. I'll see how it feels and I'll get back to you. They said we can sleep in [Saturday morning], but a lot of guys like to get up and get it over with."

If the Ravens win, it could become a staple in the practice routine, with another Monday night game (against the New England Patriots on Dec. 3) and a Sunday night game (against the Indianapolis Colts on Dec. 9).

Rolle refreshed
The bye week came at a good time - and a bad time - for cornerback Samari Rolle (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravenscards07-rolleholder,0,1075514.blurb).

"I was just getting back in shape and everything, but we had a lot of other guys that needed to heal up," he said yesterday. "I think we'll do what we need to do [against the Steelers].

Rolle said he was just getting back his timing after missing three weeks because of an undisclosed condition and a reaction to the medicine he was taking to treat it.

But after playing poorly before making a late interception in a 19-14 defeat in Buffalo, Rolle said the bye week enabled him to put the game behind him.

"I couldn't do anything for three weeks, it was different," he said. "They did the right thing not starting me in the St. Louis game. I feel good now. Buffalo is done with. No more yelling. Just play now."......

AZ_Steeler
11-01-2007, 12:10 PM
It's actually not a bad idea :dunno: If you think about it they would normally practice up until Friday, Saturday take it easy then play on Sunday. So why not practice Saturday, take it easy on Sunday then play Monday, it kind of keeps that routine in place it's just their days are off a little :D

TampaSteelGirl
11-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Yea I agree, not a bad idea at all.

GoBenGo
11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
It's actually not a bad idea :dunno: If you think about it they would normally practice up until Friday, Saturday take it easy then play on Sunday. So why not practice Saturday, take it easy on Sunday then play Monday, it kind of keeps that routine in place it's just their days are off a little :D
Ravens are practicing sat night to get ready for night atmosphere, most of the players are not digging it.

black an gold 4 life
11-01-2007, 08:34 PM
i know under COWARD we practice alot at night i hope tomlins keeps that going, i don't know about u all but the ravens seem scared! what do yaw think?

floodcitygirl
11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm thinking they seriously want to win this game. I hope our guys want it more.

K Train
11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
they can skip practice or practice sunday morning for all i care

NOVA STEELERS
11-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Hope the STEELERS dig in and buckle up for this ride, should be a hard hitting afair...........

Stlrs4Life
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm thinking they seriously want to win this game. I hope our guys want it more.

I'm sure they do. And I'm also sure that the Steelers know that this game means just as much to them.