PDA

View Full Version : What's the key to shutting down the Jags ?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2006, 01:07 AM
Stopping the pass ? Stopping the run? or maybe the key is our offense to grind it out the whole game on the ground, or is it for Ben or Charlie to air it out and get a lead and then grink it out?

I think it's pretty much the usual, stop the run first, make sure Troy patrol's the middle and is there to help out on the coverage of Matt Jones and Jimmy Smith. Special teams to be solid and set our offense up in good field position, Jeff Reed tomake all his attempts. Defense to put pressure on Leftwich and force him to make errant throws.

Steelersfan
09-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Stop the run, get the lead and force them to pass. Then unleash the real blitzburgh! Pretty simple really......lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Impose our will on them. Pressure them with our front seven.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2006, 08:46 AM
It's all about the pressure on defense, if we can get in their faces it'll disrupt everything they want to do...more importantly, get inside their heads that we're coming every single play!

House of Steel
09-18-2006, 09:08 AM
You all have the gameplan nailed on the head. Good Job. Blitzburgh is going to be neccessary to force error throws from Leftwich. The corners need to cover Jimmy Smith and Matt Jones like Flies on poop. I am serious about this too. Special Team has got to play better, a repeated performance is going to spell disaster in Jacksonville.

AZ_Steeler
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
SPECIAL TEAMS PUNT COVERAGE NEEDS TO SHOW UP!!!!!

Wow, how soon we all forget the Steelers weak point from last week! Stoppping the run is the key and getting preasure on Byron, he likes to stand in the pocket so if we can flush him out and get him moving their passing game will be disrupted.

House of Steel
09-18-2006, 03:34 PM
SPECIAL TEAMS PUNT COVERAGE NEEDS TO SHOW UP!!!!!

Wow, how soon we all forget the Steelers weak point from last week! Stoppping the run is the key and getting preasure on Byron, he likes to stand in the pocket so if we can flush him out and get him moving their passing game will be disrupted.

I mentioned that in the last sentence of my post, AZ. You better bet your ***, it better improved or we are going to beat ourselves.

K Train
09-18-2006, 05:03 PM
That Wes Welker guy was amazing though....i think our ST will be fine...i want Chidi back

K Train
09-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Im pretty sure we all know this is the key to victory...

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/3e1c5f306e.jpg (http://www.uploadfile.info)

PITT23
09-18-2006, 05:15 PM
We need to put pressure on Leftwich. He's not very accurate to start with but if we pressure him and move him out of the pocket them he becomes useless.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
The corners need to cover Jimmy Smith.

Jimmy Smith is retired. I think the Jags will give us fits. Hopefully our special teams will play ten times better. Or I will just have to hit the bottle earlier then usual. :all_coholic:

SteelersWoman
09-18-2006, 06:10 PM
LOVED that K-train--AWEsome pic! :P My son liked it too lol

If we play like we always like to play--tough D fence, good offense, special teams doin' the job they usually do ...it should be a great game!

I read on a website last night that the Jags first line of business should be locating Troy on every play, and that it won't be easy to do since he's everywhere and disguises his plays so well--I love reading stuff like that --makes my whole day lol

suitanim
09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
A) Stop Fred Taylor. He's only healthy like 3 games a year, but he's healthy tonight, and he always seems to have big games against the Steelers.

B) Pressure Leftwich. He's not very mobile back in the pocket, and getting to him early and often neutralizes any percieved size advantage those big wide receivers bring.

C) Play our game...which means win the field position battle, no turnovers, control the clock by running the ball effectively, and play smart. Jax is a tough place to play, but the fans aren't that bright. If the Steelers start fast, the crowd will be taken out of the game.

Captcoolhand
09-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Look at the stats. It will tell you what we didn't do

House of Steel
09-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Oh Don't Even Go There!!!! It Is Not Worth The Time And Day.