PDA

View Full Version : Hard not to be impressed with Tomlin thus far...

Troyisabeast_43
10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Just listening to the guy each and every week at his press conferences he is just so focused,poised, and just so smart and on top of everything that this Steelers team is doing. From his maturity at such a young age of 35, from his little sayings that he throws out each and every week some are the same some are very creative and new, to just the way you can tell when he walks into a room with his confidence to his great quiet sense of humor, and his ability to take charge and let the players know that he is the one in charge and running the show. I just get more and more impressed with this guy each and every week I listen to him talk, and just the way he goes about handling this Steelers team.

Tomlin is nothing like Cowher from what I see thus far. He will do whatever it takes to win, and not wait around for things to get better or play out. If there is mistake or problem on the field Tomlin is going to let you know about it and challenge you to get better or you are going to hear about it and if you dont step up you are going to lose your job. Tomlin would have never put up with what Colclough did last year in that Cincy game fumbling that punt late in the game. Or a few years back he would have never let Todd Peterson who was the kicker back in 2002 stay on the team that long when he would be continually missing kicks each and every week. Colclough for instance, would have been taken off kick returns or just flat out released when that happened. Cowher just seemed much more passive on certain things in comparison so far to the way Tomlin handles things. He just seems like a much more smarter man then Cowher ever was, and thats why I believe he will have just as much success if not even more then Cowher did here in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin seems like he would be much more prepared to play in a big playoff game then Cowher ever would be just the little things he has said and done so far lead me to believe this would be the case. The guy is a winner and I definitely expect this guy sooner rather then later to bring back that 6th championship to Pittsburgh. He is that good of coach and has what it takes in my mind to get it done.

SteelerSteve
10-30-2007, 06:11 PM
One of my favorite qualities that Tomlin has is the fact that he is just so focused. You just know that the guys are going to be fundemental and focused on gameday.

Blitzburgh55
10-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I want those sunglasses

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2007, 09:12 PM
He is still learning on the job so there are bound to be some things that we'll wonder what in the hell he was thinking but so far so good for the most part from what we've seen. He's calm, cool, focused and expects his players to prepare as hard as he does. I certainly have no complaints about him thus far. I do have to wonder though about the game plan for the Cards game though but considering the circumstances of the game...

stillers4me
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I feel real good about our playoff chances for many years to come.

Love, love, love the sunglasses!

BlitzburghNation
10-30-2007, 10:44 PM
One of my favorite qualities that Tomlin has is the fact that he is just so focused. You just know that the guys are going to be fundemental and focused on gameday.

:ditto:
The man looks like he's all buisness & never gets rattled :popcorn:

SteelerNation
10-30-2007, 11:29 PM
1 word

Class

no maybe two words

Steeler-Class

You cant ask for a better coach but im also sure there will be times steeler fans call for his head we do ever coach someone out there will not like a gameplan ex: Cards , Denver... But who knows i see alot of SB's for many years to come with this guy!

steelersgal86
10-31-2007, 05:20 AM

:ditto:

ARKIESTEEL
10-31-2007, 06:50 AM
He learned all that good class When he coached at Arkansas State........my school.....well my school 12 years ago.

I really like him as well. He seems to stay focused and does not show his temper, but who knows what he has to say to the players behind closed doors he might be a mad man.

dkanna
10-31-2007, 07:53 AM
I have to admit that I was very leary at first, but after watching him I am definitely a believer now

black an gold 4 life
10-31-2007, 02:02 PM
:markit:THE SCARY THING IS HE'S ONLY GOING 2 GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ON, IMAGINE IF HE'S HERE15 YEARS HE WILL HAVE 4-5 SUPER BOWLS TROPHIES:ty: ROONEYS FOR CARING ABOUT UR FANS!! :moon:THIS IS FOR ALL U HATERS N THE NFL THAT SAID PITTSBURGH WOULD B ON THE BOTTOM IE, BILL COWARD:banana2:THIS IS HOW WE FEEL ROOTING 4 AN TEAM LIKE THE STEELERS:cursin: THIS IS THE REST OF THE NFL FANS EXCEPT THE CHEATERS:lolsign:

GoBenGo
10-31-2007, 02:19 PM
1 word

Class

no maybe two words

Steeler-Class

You cant ask for a better coach but im also sure there will be times steeler fans call for his head we do ever coach someone out there will not like a gameplan ex: Cards , Denver... But who knows i see alot of SB's for many years to come with this guy!
^58 words
:tomcat: is the Man! This has been the best transition in NFL history(imo).
He fits like a glove.A classy imported fancy lambskin one.total cool
I gotta think every other franchise owner out there is just scratchin' their head:scratch: wondering how he was not on their radar.
Rooney's Rule!!

TampaSteelGirl
10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
I"m very impressed and love the guy!! I really missed Cowher when he first left but I thing this is what this Steeler team needed. I love his focus, determination and coolness out there. I think he's gained so much respect from the guys in a short time. I even think Faneca will stay with us next season. THe Rooneys definately know what they are doing! :tt02:

NOVA STEELERS
11-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I don't think I have seen a more even keeled (sp) coach, does not get overly excited when something does not go the STEELERS way and does alot of fist pumping when we score or have a big play on D............. Way to go Coach Tomlin, keep em in line and focused on one game at a time........