PDA

View Full Version : PATS RUNNING UP THE SCORE????

TampaSteelGirl
10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
What does everyone think about the Pats running up the score? I don't know about everyone else but I hate the Pats as much as anyone else but what else is this team suppose to do? Let the other teams score to be nice? I'm so tired of hearing that! It's not the Pats fault that the other teams can't score on them. I know everyone is saying they are disrepectful. Wanted to see what everyone else thought. We did it against the Browns several times!!! :tt02:

Hburg
10-29-2007, 10:22 PM
52-0 with starters still on the field (Brady among them) and still throwing the ball downfield?

BuFu

steelerfan11
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
This is still the NFL, so running up the score should never be an option. I do think that if they are up going into the 4th quarter instead of scoring they should be running the ball to kill the clock and not keep scoring. I hate the pats and if they keep doing this to teams someone is going to get soo pissed off at them that there will be injuries and someone like brady or moss or someone else is going to end up getting hurt. then they might realize that they should have put backups in the game.

BB2W
10-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't like it personally, but the NFL is an eat or get ate profession and in the end the defense needs to step up and stop them.

I don't really understand why they did it... it's not like it's college. :dunno:

SteelerSal
10-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't consider it running up the score, I call it playing football.
You gameplan all week to score more points than your oponent and prevent them from scoring with your defense. If your team can't stop the opposition from scoring, shame on you and get better prepared for the following week.

You never see teams in baseball or basketball let up when they are ahead.

RW318
10-30-2007, 12:18 AM
It's gonna be funny when they disrespect a team that will disrespect them back. When someone gets injured late in a blowout I'm gonna have no other choice but to laugh at the Patriots (I'll laugh even harder if it's a cheap shot from the other team).

BBG7
10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
It's gonna be funny when they disrespect a team that will disrespect them back. When someone gets injured late in a blowout I'm gonna have no other choice but to laugh at the Patriots (I'll laugh even harder if it's a cheap shot from the other team).
This is very possible. They are going to **** someone off and someone is going to retaliate....and I will probably laugh when it happens too!

black an gold 4 life
10-30-2007, 01:30 AM
who cares this is football right? u don't wanna get rolled up on play some d then.washington is supposed 2 b this powerhouse d right? when we played them in preseason joe gibbs game planned 4 us, now he wants 2 cry when the games count? go figure i hate the CHEATERS 2, but it is what it is!!!!

Dee Mca
10-30-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree with Steelerfan if in the 4th your up big put the ball on the ground. Don't keep throwing deep. Unless they are only doing it to reap the bonus money cause their greedy. Then they deserve what ever happens.

Koopa
10-30-2007, 01:47 AM
speaking of cheap shots.....does anyone nowhere kimo is playing these days??? maybe we should sign him up so when we play them and are getting blown out we can send him in...........lol

the pats have no class, but what are you gonna do?? i'm sure they are trying to prove a point, something like we can score at will even without cheating lol

GoBenGo
10-30-2007, 02:22 AM
52-0 with starters still on the field (Brady among them) and still throwing the ball downfield?

BuFu
Yeah, should have been a ref stoppage, like ufc.
Redskins D tapped out in the 2nd quarter.
Starters risk alot of injury in meaningless time like that.
But this is the NFL
We want the best players playing
We want mondo numbers
We want total domination
We want to mow through you
You either man up or get plowed into the turf, and you better get up 'cause they're gettin' the ball right back.
Deadskin D did a curl up instead. They get paid to prevent these things, they should give last weeks check back.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2007, 07:26 AM

I ate agreeing with a cowboys fan :lol: but he's got a point IMO. One of these days they are going to be up on a team in the 4th quarter and they'll score another TD to an already decided game and someone is going to go up and just completely take Brady out of the game or someone else. I'd almost bet money it's going to happen.

NOVA STEELERS
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I have mixed feelings, don't like running up the score........ but there is a professional teams defense out there that is paid to stop the offense and IMO belicheat is showing up the league due to getting slapped with the fine and lose of draft picks

TampaSteelGirl
10-30-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't consider it running up the score, I call it playing football.
You gameplan all week to score more points than your oponent and prevent them from scoring with your defense. If your team can't stop the opposition from scoring, shame on you and get better prepared for the following week.

You never see teams in baseball or basketball let up when they are ahead.

I hate the Pats but totally agree!

memphissteelergirl
10-30-2007, 11:03 AM
What does everyone think about the Pats running up the score? I don't know about everyone else but I hate the Pats as much as anyone else but what else is this team suppose to do? Let the other teams score to be nice? I'm so tired of hearing that! It's not the Pats fault that the other teams can't score on them. I know everyone is saying they are disrepectful. Wanted to see what everyone else thought. We did it against the Browns several times!!! :tt02:

Yes, I despise NE with a passion, too. But the object of football is to score and prevent the other team from scoring

BuFu

There is some merit to this, too. Beli-jerk could have let his 2nd stringers have some PT at that point.

Hawk Believer
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I fall into the camp that says at this level there is no requirement to show mercy when you have a big lead. You can always cite that Bills-Oilers game where they came back from a 32 point deficit to win to justify continued play.

While I think a team has the moral right to keep playing hard, I do think its an idiotic strategy to leave your starters out there when you are up by forty. Brady is obviously irreplaceable. Having him dropping back for downfield throws leaves him open to some humiliated and pissed off defensive players who could easily end his season in one blow.

I think we can all imagine the reaction to Belicheck if Brady had his ACL ruptured in the 4th quarter last Sunday.

ARKIESTEEL
10-30-2007, 11:50 AM
They will get poor little Tom hurt doing this cause some of the old LB and lineman wont think looking up at the score late in the fourth and being down by 40 is funny

SteelerFan87
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I ate agreeing with a cowboys fan :lol: but he's got a point IMO. One of these days they are going to be up on a team in the 4th quarter and they'll score another TD to an already decided game and someone is going to go up and just completely take Brady out of the game or someone else. I'd almost bet money it's going to happen.

Me too, lol.
I would not be at all surprised if some day somebody decides they've had enough of Belicheat's bullshit and just takes out Brady. Then what will Belicheat do? The Pats will be DONE. Capital D O N E exclamation point, DONE!
I almost hope the Pats are 15-0 when it happens too, because then Belichick will always be remembered not for his SBs, but for being the idiot who got his star QB hurt trying to go undefeated.

Can you imagine that? Every year when some team looks like they might go undefeated, not only will everyone be talking about the 72 Dolphins, but every time they'll say "well, you don't want to pull a Belichick and get your guys hurt in a meaningless game." I would LOVE that.

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I hate the Pats as well, but I don't think they are running up the score... it's impossible, or at least it should be, at this level! If the offense is clicking and everything is just falling in the right place at the right time then so be it. The Defense needs to stop them to shut em up. These guys are all professionals and it's like Ohio State taking on Northern Arizona University. Besides, when a team gets thumped like the Redskins, they will remember that and it will come back to haunt the Patriots at some point :bwah:

SteelerSteve
10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
The Pats just need to be putting the ball on the F-ing ground with that big of a lead. All throwing does is prove you have no class and prolong the game just run it out and pack up and go home. A win is a win and thats all there is to it. Btw does anyone else seem to think Bellicheck seems like a depressed, moping, baby in his press conferences? It just seems like he just softly mutters and acts like he is feeling sorry for himself. Grow up you big baby :lol:

BBG7
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
here's what Cowher says about it.....

Pats actions may see consequences

By John Tomase

Patriots fans undoubtedly are thinking it, and yesterday former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher said it: If the Patriots keep running up the score, will someone like Tom Brady pay the price?

The subject of the Pats’ late-game tactics is causing a lot of buzz around the NFL, particularly after Sunday’s 52-7 victory over the Washington Redskins, when the Patriots converted a pair of fourth downs in the fourth quarter and threw for a touchdown on the goal line that made it 45-0.

On a CBS conference call with reporters yesterday, Cowher noted the Patriots could be playing a dangerous game.

It’s risk and reward,” he said. “How long do you want your starters to play? You want to be careful. At some point if this continues, someone’s going to take a cheap shot. Is that worth subjecting your players to if it comes to that?

“You can say it’s playing football, but those are the decisions you have to make.”

The highest profile target is Brady, who was not lifted until the Pats led 45-0 Sunday.

“I see a football team playing with a tremendous sense of purpose,” Cowher said. “I’m not sure they’re even looking at the scoreboard. The fact that they have the premier player in the game with the margins being what they are, that’s Bill’s (Belichick) prerogative. The risk he’s weighing is that guys could get hurt in those situations. That’s his decision as a coach and he has a right to do it.”

Former quarterback Phil Simms took a slightly different angle.

“These are the kind of questions I’d expect to hear in high school and college,” Simms said. “I wouldn’t expect to hear them in the NFL. My first instinct is, instead of (worrying about) running up the score, you’ve just got to do your own business in the NFL.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1041584

K Train
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
its only a matter of time until someone say...how much could the fine be?

it makes me sick to hear aikman verbally blow brady and the patriots saying how there isnt a single selfish player on the team and you can just tell that they play for the love of the game......yeah ok, everyones happy when your winning, give me a break

MDSteel15
11-02-2007, 01:17 AM

it makes me sick to hear aikman verbally blow brady and the patriots saying how there isnt a single selfish player on the team and you can just tell that they play for the love of the game......yeah ok, everyones happy when your winning, give me a break

Aikman can't remeber the losing seasons from all the concussions he's had! :nahnah:

GoBenGo
11-02-2007, 04:38 PM
“I see a football team playing with a tremendous sense of purpose,” Cowher said. “I’m not sure they’re even looking at the scoreboard. The fact that they have the premier player in the game with the margins being what they are, that’s Bill’s (Belichick) prerogative. The risk he’s weighing is that guys could get hurt in those situations. That’s his decision as a coach and he has a right to do it.”

Former quarterback Phil Simms took a slightly different angle.

“These are the kind of questions I’d expect to hear in high school and college,” Simms said. “I wouldn’t expect to hear them in the NFL. My first instinct is, instead of (worrying about) running up the score, you’ve just got to do your own business in the NFL.”:clap::clap:
Well said, by both BC and Simms. I respect their insight on this.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

true, true ! easy to smile when up by 40

Ambridge
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Washington QB Jason Campbell had three fumbles that gave the Pats 17 easy points.....so some of those 52 points New England racked up were handed to them on a silver platter.

With that being said if teams don't want the Pats to score then they need to just plain STOP THEM.
I do believe that Bill Belichick and New England are playing a very "Smart-***" brand of football and I honestly think that Fate or the "Football Gods" will some-how....some-way step in and throw a huge monkey wrench into the Patriots season and punish them as they deserve.
Either Tom Brady will go down and out with a season ending injury or a slew of injuries hits and takes out several key players.

I have a feeling the Pats don't make it to the AFC Championship game!!

RW318
11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Washington QB Jason Campbell had three fumbles that gave the Pats 17 easy points.....so some of those 52 points New England racked up were handed to them on a silver platter.

With that being said if teams don't want the Pats to score then they need to just plain STOP THEM.
I do believe that Bill Belichick and New England are playing a very "Smart-***" brand of football and I honestly think that Fate or the "Football Gods" will some-how....some-way step in and throw a huge monkey wrench into the Patriots season and punish them as they deserve.
Either Tom Brady will go down and out with a season ending injury or a slew of injuries hits and takes out several key players.

I have a feeling the Pats don't make it to the AFC Championship game!!

If they could stop them would they be in that position in the first place? I mean that logic is seriously flawed. Unless you're talking about roughing up the starters....in which case I agree.

Ambridge
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
If they could stop them would they be in that position in the first place? I mean that logic is seriously flawed. Unless you're talking about roughing up the starters....in which case I agree.

You might want to explain the flawed logic theory to the Redskins Randal Godfrey and Phillip Daniels both of whom complained after the game about the Pats running up the score.
Godfrey even went as far as to confront Belichick on the field after the game and tell him "That he needs to show some respect for the game!