PDA

View Full Version : Hey Arians!!!!!

DIESELMAN
10-29-2007, 09:40 PM
The Steelers are 17-1 when FWP runs for over 100 yards in a game, put that on a sticky note and put it on your forehead!!!!! :banana:

steelcurtaingal
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
The Steelers are 17-1 when FWP runs for over 100 yards in a game, put that on a sticky note and put it on your forehead!!!!! :banana:

:lol:

K Train
10-29-2007, 09:47 PM
what are you trying to say? we do run the ball lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
We're pretty much stuck with it, we are now a pass to set up the run kind of team. Willie is the workhorse that makes this team work because if he can't run the ball then we're throwing for 30+ attempts which is not a good thing for us.

K Train
10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
doing it this way is better than just trying to plug willie in for the bus...which cowher tried, this is a willie friendly offense

DIESELMAN
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
I also read somewhere a few days ago that it was Ben calling audibles to take us out of running plays when we started the game against the Broncos.

steelcurtaingal
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
doing it this way is better than just trying to plug willie in for the bus...which cowher tried, this is a willie friendly offense

i agree, willie cant be the bus, he is smaller, and more of a speed back. he can handle the load, but he still needs some pass

BB2W
10-29-2007, 11:28 PM
I have been happy with Arians' system and playcalling up to this point, There were a couple bumps in the road but that can be expected in the NFL... I'll take 5-2. The offense is new and will hopefully get better over time.

:2cents:

K Train
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
exactly, its not a pass happy offense, but it is one that requires dedication to it to be successful

black an gold 4 life
10-30-2007, 02:37 AM
i like the new offense, it's different i was tired of being predicitable 4 15 years, now the offense just has 2 start gelling, then they will b an force 2 reckon with, once they get the o-line 2gether man this offense will do some damage.........................

NOVA STEELERS
10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
When the running game is rolling Ben shines......... every time the game falls to Ben he tries to make every play himself and that has hurt us, but its all a process that will make him a better QB......... GO STEELERS and go fast Willie

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM

:rofl: Maybe he should make several stickies and add one to the playbook, on his office door, above the urinal, on the back on the stall door, on the dashboard in his car/truck... maybe even take it one step further and remove Parker from the back of his jersey and replace it with "FWP + 100 yards = W"

SteelerFan87
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I also read somewhere a few days ago that it was Ben calling audibles to take us out of running plays when we started the game against the Broncos.

Yeah I read that too. I like that Ben wants the ball in his hands, but he needs to learn to tone it down and take the smart play rather than the "oo look! I have an excuse to throw more!" play. The Broncos can't stop the run no matter how many guys they put in the box. The Steelers needed to prove that, and impose their will on the Broncos D. Ben can prove that he can win by throwing some other time, or at least after he's established the running game and made the Broncos respect it.