PDA

View Full Version : your Dick Lebeau

Blitzburghpete
10-29-2007, 03:07 PM
So your Dick Lebeau.

How you gonna stop the Pats?

Me - the 1 weakness the Pats have on offence is that they don't seem to rely on their running game too much so your gonna need to stack a little more against the pass than run.

Me i'd play a 3 -3 - 5

A Smith, Hampton, Keisel

Haggins, Farrior, Harrison

Townsend, Smith, Troy, Clark, Taylor.

Troy is the roving around the field guy either filling in as the extra LB spot in the middle for runs, I would mainly man on man

Taylor with Moss
Townsend with Stallworth,

With Smith / Clark zone on Welker.

So guys what would you do to stop them?

Koopa
10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
first we got to stop the ravens

K Train
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah give brady all day to throw...that will work

lol

steelcitysfinestXL
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Play inside our scheme blitzing often from the out side. Their oline and backs have been dominating on blitz pick-up. I think its time to break out LeBeau's 2 men on the line D! Bring only 4-5 but dont give away who until the ball is snapped and let No one behind you!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

yeah give brady all day to throw...that will work

lol

LOL yeah then it will be a 42-24 beating!!!!!

Blitzburghpete
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
first we got to stop the ravens

Yeah i know we gotta stop who we play next week, etc etc, just was wondering if we had to play the Pats next week how would you plan for it.

Being a QB myself i know that as someone pointed out if your given time, you can be made to look a star so maybe blitzing and throwing Brady out of time is the answer?

black an gold 4 life
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
WE HAVE 2 RUN OUR 3-4 WITH OUR DB'S RUNNING COVER 2, BE IT THE CHEATERS,RATBIRDS,CLOWNS,BUNGIRLS, ETC........WE R RUNNING 2 MUCH 4-3,WE NEED 2 GET BACK 2 THE 3-4 WATSON LOOKED LIKE L.T BACK THERE YESTERDAY!!!

DIESELMAN
10-29-2007, 09:15 PM
First I would get someone who knows our D and our players, to get every game tape of the Pats this year and watch them until their eyes bleed. That would be his only purpose in life until we play the Pats, to find any kind of weakness, patterns anything that would help us gameplan for them.

steelcurtaingal
10-29-2007, 09:19 PM
give hero boy no time to throw, and keep their offense off the field. cover moss, stallworth.. etc etc

portcityblackandgold
10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Pressure gonna have to come up the middle. Lots of Lamar Woodley in a ghillie suit. Brady just needs to get busted in the mouth a few times and he'll throw the int for 6. As for the receivers, they are already dreading getting on the field with Anthony Smith. I see catches, seperations and fumbles being returned.

NOVA STEELERS
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Have to apply pressure on pretty boy and he will crack, every game that we have given him time he has killed us.......... the halloween game we made a living in there backfield and he was shell shocked........

SteelerFan87
10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
I totally agree with the last 2 posts. We MUST hit Brady. He becomes a totally different QB when he's getting roughed up. He rushes his throws, makes bad decisions, gets out of his rythm, and fumbles alot too. We should probably blitz up the middle alot, so Brady can't step up in the pocket. Try to get him moving. He's not like Ben, who can make plays on the run. Brady needs to be in the pocket, and he needs to be able to step up and make the throw. We need to keep him moving around, trying to avoid sacks, and hit him after he releases the ball.
Also, we have to play very physical with their WRs, especially Moss and D. Stallworth. I hope Anthony Smith saved a few of those big hits for Randy. I'd show the Pats alot of formations that look to be better against the pass than the run, and dare them to try to run on us. They won't beat us that way. They may get more rushing yards than we'd normally allow, but they aren't going to run up the score by running alot. If we can just slow down their offense, I think we have a chance. Their defense isn't really that good. Their LBs are old, and Willie should be able to make them show their age. Their D line is good, and their secondary is pretty good. I'd go after Hobbs alot. Utilize the TEs in the passing game alot too, because the Pats have been weak against that. Their LBs aren't fast enough to cover a TE, and neither is Rodney Harrison. The 2 guys I'd go after in their secondary are Hobbs and Harrison. We need to play Steelers football and control the clock, to keep Brady off the field, and keep our defense fresh enough to contain the Pats when they are on the field.
Basically, the Pats are the bullies of the NFL this year. How do you deal with a bully? You punch him in the mouth.

floodcitygirl
10-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I heard alot of people saying the same thing about Carson Palmer......that we have to get to him and he'll fold. He wasn't sacked once. Is Brady's protection not better? I agree with what you all are saying but the question is how are we gonna be able to make that happen? And what adjustments need to be made to do it? In other words, who do you think needs to do their job better?

SteelerFan87
10-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I heard alot of people saying the same thing about Carson Palmer......that we have to get to him and he'll fold. He wasn't sacked once. Is Brady's protection not better? I agree with what you all are saying but the question is how are we gonna be able to make that happen? And what adjustments need to be made to do it? In other words, who do you think needs to do their job better?

It will have to be a combination of the Steelers front 7 bringing their A game, and LeBeau coming up with some brilliant blitz schemes.