PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith is a monster !

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
The dude made his claim today for that starting job over Clark. He was bringing the heat and just blasting everybody he could today whether they caught it or not. That monster whack on Douche was awesome !! The guy is just as intense as you can get and in the secondary big hitters like that are just what the doctor ordered. He was pretty good in coverage today as well, this was a statement game for him and he delivered.

K Train
10-28-2007, 04:15 PM
he hits like a truck and excels in coverage....he is alot like ed reed instinct wise

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2007, 04:31 PM
It's only a matter of time before he becomes the starter. When you have HUGE hitters like Troy and Anthony working side by side, oh man that is just huge because they can both play the run and the pass, not to mention bringing the wood every single time.

K Train
10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
and him beasting in coverage and having such good closing speed lets troy run around

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2007, 04:36 PM
that hit he put on Douche was ****in awesome, he totally lit him up !! :cope: Then to see Douche and Chad whining all day long was just hysterical :reddevil:

BlackGold4vr
10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
that hit he put on Douche was ****in awesome, he totally lit him up !! :cope: Then to see Douche and Chad whining all day long was just hysterical :reddevil:

:plus1:

That hit on Douschyourmama was so great I thought I felt a tear of joy form in the corner of my eye.

:haha:

AZ_Steeler
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I've liked Smith from day one, frankly I'm not sure why he hasn't been starting? He brings it every game and just throws himself around and lays the wood like that other guy he lines up next to...

Prosdo
10-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I love the way that he gets in players faces and knocks the hell out of them.

ARKIESTEEL
10-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I love the way that he gets in players faces and knocks the hell out of them.

When chad and tj would get up jawing he sure didnt back down from them any....I am proud that he is in black and gold

portcityblackandgold
10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Smith is a certified killer in the mold of the Torpedo Shell and A-Bomb Blount. Just what the Mad Dr. LeBeau ordered.

Hburg
10-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Smith has been showing a lot of promise since his rookie debut last year (I believe it was against the Panthers when he got an interception that people started to really take notice).

At this point he reminds me of a Lambert in his attitude and personality ("I don't give a f*ck, I'm gonna hit ya and you're going to feel it. Whether you give me the chance or not I'm gonna knock the **** out of ya!").

In a few years I can see him showing some Mean Joe Greene and becoming a leader on the defense.

BuFu

MDSteel15
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I read his lips on that hit on TJ. He said "Housh-yer-mama? I don't know.. But I'm yer daddy, boy" :cabbagepatch:

LatrobePA
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I missed the game, does anyone know where I can find a link for it?

steelcitysfinestXL
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
He should be starting and every game he doesnt is a shame... he sets the tone for the D in my opinion!!! We need that guy thats gonna jump start this team and he does it every game he starts!!!!

Stlrs4Life
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Here's a good story on Anthony Smith from Sundays game:

Steelers: Smith gets in Bengals WRs' heads
By: Chris Harlan, Times Sports Staff
10/27/2007

CINCINNATI - Anthony Smith went hunting for Bengals receiver Chad Johnson during pregame warm-ups.

Smith had a message. Actually, it was more of a warning.

"I just told him to make sure he keeps his mouthpiece in," said Smith, the Steelers hard-hitting safety with a growing reputation for talking trash and punishing receivers. "Chad said he don't wear one."

That became obvious.

Johnson slammed face-first into the Paul Brown Stadium turf in the third quarter when Smith broke up a long pass intended for the Pro Bowl receiver and out popped the removable gold caps that covered Johnson's teeth.

How embarrassing.

"Those came out when he hit the ground," Smith said with a wide smile after the 24-13 victory, during which the second-year safety laid several spectacular hits on Cincinnati receivers.

The Steelers secondary succeeded in containing Cincinnati's tandem of big-play receivers and Smith, who led the team with eight tackles, was claiming his share of the credit.

"Anthony Smith is growing and developing each time out," coach Mike Tomlin said.

Johnson had five catches for 51 yards. T.J. Houshmandzadeh had seven catches for 81 yards and a touchdown. Smith said he had them a little preoccupied.

"They were looking for me," he said "I had their heads on a swivel. That made it difficult for them. ... It's good to get some hits on the receivers because they start looking for you instead of looking for the ball."

The gold teeth are part of Johnson's attention-grabbing antics. Having Troy Polamalu hand them back after taking a big hit had to be humbling. Johnson left the Bengals locker room without talking to reporters, refusing to discuss Smith or anything else.

And here is video of CJ losing his Teef:

http://www.epiccarnival.com/2007/10/nickelodeon-chad-johnson-loses-his-gold.html

steelcurtaingal
10-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I've liked Smith from day one, frankly I'm not sure why he hasn't been starting? He brings it every game and just throws himself around and lays the wood like that other guy he lines up next to...

i agree.. and i wonder why as well, hes ungodly....

BB2W
10-29-2007, 09:07 PM
He played great... he should start. :yesnod:

It is like he was lookin for TJ... poor guy prolly sees him in his sleep.

NOVA STEELERS
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
It is awesome to see A Smith getting his time on the field......... he is going to just get better with each game he puts under his belt....... there will be growing pains, but as long as he has a short memory he will be a player to watch for years to come...........

SteelerFan87
10-30-2007, 11:17 AM
And here is video of CJ losing his Teef:

http://www.epiccarnival.com/2007/10/nickelodeon-chad-johnson-loses-his-gold.html

Hahaha! Oh man, talk about adding insult to injury. How much does it have to suck to get crushed like that, and then after the play somebody comes up and says, "here's your teeth". :lol:

floodcitygirl
10-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh man! :lol: This is what I mean by missing things when you're at the game. I need to get a copy and watch it again. You know the Bengal announcers weren't emphasizing those things.

BTW, I'll definately be sharing this video with my son. He has been taking grief about how unnecessarily rough the Steelers were once again and they cheat by being brutal. It'll be good to see how benevolent our players were in helping to look for his teeth and especially Troy in giving them back. I'll just bet Chad didn't even say thankyou......no manners at all. lol!

dkanna
10-30-2007, 01:16 PM
omg, that is too funny

Stlrs4Life
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
And here is is hit on TJ Whoisyourmamma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKpnXBOr1Q

floodcitygirl
10-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Gee....I wonder what he said to him when he was down??? :greengrin:

Mike Tomlin
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
He will give us a big edge when we play New England because Welker will get killed coming across the middle. Moss won't take a hit and if he does it's over lol! Smith's got the speed to cover ground quickly and when he get's there he can lay the wood. They can't just throw it over him because he has good hands and he can get up. I want to see what Tom does with the Black and Gold down his throat.
Smith told T.J. it was on next time on the play before when he popped him and t.j. start wolfin. He came right back and killed him and T.J. said nothin.

Gee....I wonder what he said to him when he was down??? :greengrin: LOL! Oh you heard him , I did ................and I know T.J. did.