PDA

View Full Version : Toughest player in the league

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Now before you start laughing, think about it. David Carr ! This guy has spent the majority of his NFL career on this back. He's been sacked more times than anybody in the league the last 2 years. This team continually ignores the offensive line as a primary concern, and the players they do pick up either get hurt or just don't pan out.

Blitzburgh55
09-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Hines Ward or any Fullback

House of Steel
09-17-2006, 02:56 PM
David Carr, I can swallow that

Hines Ward, definitely.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Hines Ward, Carr is one tough sob for hanging in there.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2006, 03:20 PM
No doubt Hines is as tough as they come, he dishes it out and takes it as good as anyone in the League. You can make a case for Ben too, the guy's played hurt and fought through injuries to become a Super Bowl winning QB.

Tom Brady is up there too, he's about all that offense has left anymore and he's in there week in and week out.

Can't forget Brett Favre, he may not be quite what he used too, but the guy plays through all kinds of pain and has nothing but himself and Donald Driver on that offense.

AZ_Steeler
09-17-2006, 04:31 PM
No arguments from me about Carr, to stand in the pocket and take the punishment he has endured the past several years, he's one tough cookie! The sad thing is it might just bring his career to an early end because of all the punishment. The other thing about Carr, you never hear him complaining!

My toughest player would be McNabb, the dude played on a broken foot a few years back and won the game for them. Last year he was playing injured, that probably hurt the team more but you gotta give him an A for effort.

Blitzburgh55
09-17-2006, 05:02 PM
My toughest player would be McNabb, the dude played on a broken foot a few years back and won the game for them. Last year he was playing injured, that probably hurt the team more but you gotta give him an A for effort.
:bsflag:

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Screw McNabb.

AZ_Steeler
09-17-2006, 05:32 PM
At least I took a step out of "Steeler World" and went out on a limb! I'm not afraid of criticism, but to select a Steeler or the same guy the admin picked is like copping out! ;)

House of Steel
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Boy, AZ is out to get his guts shot out. :hilarious:

K Train
09-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Brett favre....um sure, but the guy was so tough while he was addicted to pain killers...anyone would be tough.

David Carr is tough, but hes more of a good sport, he doesnt complain about the beating he has to take, but its not like he puts up a huge fight, he never gets put out real bad because he would just rather go down than fight it.

Toughest player thats not a steeler is probably Todd Pinkston JK, i really dont know, its tough to pick one that is tougher than another, but i guess Carr by default...i'll think of someone else soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
I'll give you that, David Carr is pretty selfless and for a guy who's had no help on his OL since his career began he's been a real team guy about it...but sooner or later he's gonna snap you gotta think.

Steelersfan
09-17-2006, 09:31 PM
As much as I hate McNair I would have to agree with AZ. The guy has played through a lot of injuries and found ways to win.