PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas vs Ray Lewis Battle in the Media!

SteelerFan87
10-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Thomas strikes first:
"You've got to remember, I'm coming in from Baltimore," says Thomas. "People there wanted the limelight, people sought out the limelight, starting with the head coach. It was a star-studded system. Here it's about as different as you can get. Everybody here shies away from being the star guy. Nobody on this team beats his chest. They just all go about their business. And win."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_layden/10/16/patriots1022/index.html

Lewis fires back:
"When you take a shot at men that you claim to love to go to war with, I call those cowards," Lewis said on his weekly radio show Monday. "If you got something to say privately, you don't have to go to a newspaper. If you got something to say to a man, speak it."

Lewis wondered what would make Thomas take those shots at a team that had to "fit him into our schemes."

"You don't become a Super Bowl champion in this business without having character and dignity for what you do for your teammates," Lewis said. "We won a Super Bowl without Adalius Thomas. The New England Patriots won three Super Bowls without Adalius Thomas."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-thomas1024,0,5331453.story?coll=bal_tab01_layout

Thomas lands another shot:
"The only problem I have is the coward comment. To call me a coward, you have my phone number. You can call me. I will call Ray, personally myself. I don't want to sit here and throw [things] back and forth, and make this a media frenzy as far as that goes. I'm bigger than that. I'm better than that. As far as calling me a coward I think that goes to something personal. I don't like it. I will address that with him personally myself. To attack my integrity, as far as that goes, and say you had to make a scheme up for me, I didn't know they made up outside linebacker for me. I really didn't know that. I know he was crying about a big guy in the middle so you can keep blockers off of you. I mean, I don't know if that's a scheme made for you or not. As far as that goes, if you want to criticize your head coach, talk about a coward. You can go upstrairs and talk to him like a man, just like you're talking about me."
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

:popcorn:

black an gold 4 life
10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
LOL man these cats have nothing better 2 do than argue? do they play each other?why is this coming out now?only thing i can say is it's an blessing 2 root 4 an real team!!!!!!!!!

SteelerFan87
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
LOL man these cats have nothing better 2 do than argue? do they play each other?why is this coming out now?only thing i can say is it's an blessing 2 root 4 an real team!!!!!!!!!

The Pats play the Ravens the week before they play us.

Hopefully they'll beat each other up so much we can just swoop in and take out the survivors. :yesnod:

Forged in Steel
10-24-2007, 09:37 PM
You don't become a Super Bowl champion in this business without having character and dignity for what you do for your teammates," Lewis said. "We won a Super Bowl without Adalius Thomas. The New England Patriots won three Super Bowls without Adalius Thomas.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...l_tab01_layout

Although I hate the Ravens this was pretty good.

SteelerFan87
10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Although I hate the Ravens this was pretty good.

Yeah, as much as I hate the Ra-tans, I have to agree with Gay Ray on this one. Thomas just kind of came out of nowhere trashing his former teammates and saying they're selfish and care more about beating their chests than winning. You just don't say stuff like that about your teammates, or former teammates.

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2007, 06:17 PM
That could end up being a big advantage for the Steelers that week having to face the Pats on a short week for them, especially playing the Ravens a very physical team on the road on Monday night 6 days before they play the Steelers. I dont know if it will have a big affect on the game, but it is something to keep an eye on,and it when your playing the Pats this year you take any advantage against them you can get. Having less time to prepare for the Steelers and having one less day of rest that week I believe will play a factor in some way and help the Steelers out when they do play the Pats.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I love this, former teammates fighting it out both of whom are on 2 of the teams I hate the most :bwah:

Ambridge
10-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I know he was crying about a big guy in the middle so you can keep blockers off of you. I mean, I don't know if that's a scheme made for you or not. As far as that goes, if you want to criticize your head coach, talk about a coward. You can go upstrairs and talk to him like a man, just like you're talking about me."

Adalius really nailed Ray with a good body-shot on that one.

The truth hurts doesn't it Ray??

NOVA STEELERS
10-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Would be Awesome if they could both be on the field when they match up on Dec 3rd