PDA

View Full Version : SA exclusive interview with Ike Taylor

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Yep you heard right, the marketing relations team for Ike Taylor and his website have graciously allowed us to send Ike some questions on behalf of the members of SA ! :towelwave:

If any of you all would like to have your questions submitted please post them here and then I'll send them a long. Please limit your questions to a maximum of 2 and we'll send as many as we can. We don't want to overload them with a ton of questions since it is the middle of the season but we will send as many as possible. When the questions are sent they will be accompanied by your screen name so when we post them up after Ike has replied you'll get to see them right on the homepage as :

(your name goes here) would like to ask: and his reply would go here.

We want to send these off by Saturday night so the marketing team can look them over and get them to Ike as soon as possible.

This is an event just for Steeler Addicts and our members to get the chance to ask Ike Taylor our very own questions.

AZ_Steeler
10-23-2007, 07:49 PM
:woot: Awesome!!!

I'm drawing a blank for a question though :D

Prosdo
10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Woohoo! This is awesome!

Koopa
10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Koopa would like to ask: has tomlin helped make you a better corner?? or do you still feel you are the same player you have always been??

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
So only fuzzy and warm questions....Thats B.S. lol So we're worried about members of the Steelers organization now readings our posts......For real if they're bothered by some negative remarks they need to get a life..lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Dude seriously man, it's common sense. You don't insult someone you are trying to get an interview with. Ike's website is not affiliated with Steelers.com or the NFL at all it's an independent site but I don't want them getting questions from us try to make him look bad because that looks bad on us. This is a big opportunity for SA and our members to get a chance to interact with an active player and we're not going to blow it.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Dude seriously man, it's common sense. You don't insult someone you are trying to get an interview with. Ike's website is not affiliated with Steelers.com or the NFL at all it's an independent site but I don't want them getting questions from us try to make him look bad because that looks bad on us.

You act like I was seriously going to ask Ike Taylor that question?:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
This will go up on the homepage in a special section. We're not sure yet where exactly we will place it but it will be in plain view for everyone to see on the main page. This is a huge deal for site and hopefully if this one goes as well as planned we'll be able to do more of these in the future with Ike and other players.

floodcitygirl
10-23-2007, 08:41 PM
This is an awesome opportunity. I'll be thinking of what I want to ask.

Deb
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Nice Job Matt, can't wait to read it when it's done

PsychoWard
10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
that is really cool but i too am drawing a blank i will think of something

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
You have till saturday evening to think them up so don't worry if you are drawing a blank right now because I am too :lol:

BBG7
10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
wow...that's exciting. I will be thinking of some questions for him!

Steelx
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Steelx: The Rivalry between Cleveland and Pittsburgh has seemed to fade since the movement of the Browns organization. Is it the same way on the field or is it still intense? If the Browns are not your most hyped rival then who is?

TG and AZ - NLS will help in anyway to get this out to Steelers fans and will link the interview from NLS to SA. If you need anything else please let me know and I will do whatever I can to help you guys out.

Koopa
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
lol at nsl trying to get some publicity from this too

Blitzburgh55
10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
How did you hear about Steeler Addicts
Are you a member hear and how come you dont post?

strong D
10-24-2007, 03:56 PM
What is it like playing for the black and gold knowing that no matter where you go to play there is always a large steelers fan base?

PsychoWard
10-24-2007, 04:13 PM
who is the biggest influence in your life? and why?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Great stuff everyone, keep em coming !

Hawk Believer
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Back in the SB XL, Darrel Jackson of the Seahawks had a really big first quarter. He then got shut down the rest of the game. I am curious to know what adjustments, if any, they made in the backfield to eliminate Jackson as a factor.

SteelerSal
10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
SteelerSal: How much, if any, has Tomlin been involved with the defense and has he mentioned any possible changes towards converting to the Tampa 2 in the near future.

BB2W
10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Describe what it took to go from a player at a small school with limited experience at corner... to one of the better cover guys in the NFL, and what was the biggest challenge?

BB2W
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
What receiver that you have played against presents the biggest challenge?.... Who is the hardest to cover, and why?

Oh... and where is the University of Swangin located? :greengrin:

Prosdo
10-24-2007, 08:24 PM
How different are Cowher and Tomlin in leading a team? Do you like the changes or do you miss some things from the Cowher era?

Steelx
10-24-2007, 10:51 PM
lol at nsl trying to get some publicity from this toobwahahaha are you serious where did I say anything about nsl trying to get publicity? I just stated that when it was done I would put a link back to SA? Thats what affiliates do. Something that you may not have known.

Its also people like you that make you want to end affiliations.

BR7
10-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I like Blitz55's take.. ask if he visits steeler boards, which ones and if he posts.. if not, then plug this site. :D

Koopa
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
koopa: being that this is your third year as a full time starter, did you kind of feel that last year was pretty much a sophomore slump???

SteelersWoman
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Growing up, what team did you want to play for?
Who would you credit with having the biggest impact on your growth at your position?
Also, just wanted to say what an awesome job you did in the Seattle game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Great stuff everyone !! You have about another 24 hours to get your questions in !

Koopa
10-26-2007, 05:32 PM
do you drink beer? if so, what's your beer of choice???

TEEMONT
10-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Do you ever checkout sites like SA?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2007, 06:00 PM
We'll keep this thread open for another hour or so.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Thread closed now, we have some really good questions to send to Ike. I'll organize all these and send them off by the end of the weekend so he can get to look at them as soon as possible.

Thanks again to everyone who posted up or PM'd me questions to send.