PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Clark bothered by spleen problem

Prosdo
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Steelers' Clark bothered by spleen problem
October 23, 2007

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Steelers safety Ryan Clark did not return with the team from Denver late Sunday night because of a spleen inflammation that occurred during the 31-28 loss to the Broncos.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Clark was not injured during the game, but had a pre-existing blood condition aggravated by dehydration and Denver's high altitude.

Clark is expected to play Sunday in Cincinnati, though he must first pass a series of medical tests later this week.

The Steelers will probably be without defensive end Aaron Smith, who sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee during the first quarter and was replaced by Nick Eason.

Smith is "doubtful, at best" for Sunday, Tomlin said.

Tight end Jerame Tuman (back) and cornerback Bryant McFadden (sprained ankle) could play Sunday after being out for two games each

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-injuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

AZ_Steeler
10-23-2007, 06:38 PM
What kind of blood condition? :scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow it must have been really bad for him to stay behind after the team left. It looks like he should be good to go though for this weekend but even if he isn't Anthony Smith is chomping at the bit for more playing time Im sure.

It will be good to have McFadden back but I hope he's not rushing with that injury, those high ankle sprains are hard to recover from.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Great Aaron Smith is doubtful......

black an gold 4 life
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
man we need smith, but i guess it won't hurt us that bad because the bungirls o-line is worse than ours LOL BUT i hope smith is not out 2 long, he doesn't get the attention he desrve, he's been very solid the last 5-6 years,now mc fadden has had 3 weeks off, so he should b ready. nick we need u 2 stepp up ur game if arron doesn't play, plus tomlin said woodely would play in some sub packages 4 smith if he doesn't play,i hope clark is ok it sounds worse probably than it is, but u never know,all i know is we need this win sunday!!!!!!!!!!