PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger = BEAST

BRICKTOWN BEAST
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Despite the 2 interceptions that could easily be justified Ben had such an amazing game. He defientley changed from his previous years I mean did you see him run for the first down and instead of sliding he freking put his shoulder out trying to deliver a hit. He was breaking tackles all night long and needed more than one guy to take him down. He came through when we needed him to. You don't see to many QB's like him. The O-line was terrible and we need a serious change. If Ben didn't play like Ben then we would have lost really bad. I don't know whats going to happen but we need a better
O-line and Anthony Smith should start. Also special teams wasn't so hot.

steelcurtaingal
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
he did do awesome this past game, its just too bad the rest of the team didnt.

GoBenGo
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
Despite the 2 interceptions that could easily be justified Ben had such an amazing game. He defientley changed from his previous years I mean did you see him run for the first down and instead of sliding he freking put his shoulder out trying to deliver a hit. He was breaking tackles all night long and needed more than one guy to take him down. He came through when we needed him to. You don't see to many QB's like him. The O-line was terrible and we need a serious change. If Ben didn't play like Ben then we would have lost really bad. I don't know whats going to happen but we need a better
O-line and Anthony Smith should start. Also special teams wasn't so hot.
one interception into double coverage I gotta blame him for.
That said everything else is dead on!
BIG BEN stiff arming LBs and DBs AND shrugging off linemen! That is why I was so dissapointed in the oline. Ben giving 130% did not make up for their mistakes and lack of effort.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
Dude, yeah! when he got that first down I was : That's my QB! He's a Baaaaaaaaaad Dude!
The ball he tossed to Holmes for a TD was a lazer! LAZER!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

K Train
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
our skill positions kick ***, our online blows....big time

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I agree Ben was absolutely awesome and nearly flawless in the 2nd half on all 3 of those drives where we needed a TD to stay in the game and then eventually tie the game. He continually made play after play on 3rd and long and made some dart throws right on the button at many times in that second half. If anything good can come out of this loss is that Ben proved that if the Steelers are losing late in the game or if there in a tie game late driving for a game winning FG whether its on the road or at home Ben is capable of making the big throws late in the game under pressure to get it done. He still needs to continue to play a complete game and start taking sacks more often when he gets wrapped up instead of risking losing the ball and having it get converted into a TD like he did last night. Ben is a very good QB he ranks right up there in the league but he is still not as good as Brady and Manning in terms of when he makes mistakes and key turnovers that he can come back and score right away in bunches. Ben will be fine, I think this game in Cincy will be tough this week, but after seeing Pennington and the Jets pretty much pick apart that Cincy D yesterday I expect Ben and this Steelers offense to have a big game next week in Cincy.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Give me the Ben of the 2nd half anytime. The Ben of the first half ( after the initial TD drive) you can have that Ben because those picks were so costly. The fumble was the back breaker though, just when we needed to keep them within striking distance and not let them get any more fired up we give them that 2 TD lead :nonod:

Still though, he showed poise in the pocket and led us right down the field twice in the 4th quarter on must have TD drives so you have to credit him for that. I have all the confidence in the world in Ben as our QB. He does need to be more mindful of holding onto the ball under pressure because that is killer.

GoBenGo
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I would not want anyone else. I may be in the minority in that, but I am in it for the long haul. Gonna still be a Steeler fan next year and the year after. I like the fit.
Dynasty's comin' maw grab the kids!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Well the one interseption thrown into double coverage wasn't the best play in the world but it wasn't a terible interception because he kind of just chucked the ball. The other bounced of Wards hands granted it was kind of high but that kind of was bad luck. and the fumble well...

BR7
10-22-2007, 05:54 PM
A 'tale of two halves..' We lived through that with Korky for a few seasons.

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
ben has 2 b blamed 4 the 2 int's an the strip which cause us 7 points, he has 2 take care of the ball better than he's doing,u take away that 7 an the broncos have 2 go 80 yards 4 the tieng touchdown themselves, but our o-line stinks,they shouldn't of signed any of them 2 long term contracts, we also need a new o-line coach, this one seem 2 b 2 busy e mailing dirtye-mails through the nfl offices, when he should b focused on that raggedy o-line

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Beast?....No Tom Brady is a beast...lol Ben still has some serious talent but he isn't all the way there yet......Hard to fault him for anything since he has no time in the pocket though...

DIESELMAN
10-22-2007, 07:06 PM
While Ben has stepped it up especially when the OL is letting defensive players through like its a midnight madness sale, he still needs to take care of the ball. I'd rather see him eat it then to turn it over and give the other team another shot at scoring.

BlitzburghNation
10-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Chalk it down as an all around bad game,,,,,,,,,,,,

Our "D" was my biggest disappointment,,,,,,,,21 points is awful !

Ben's int's were bad also,but I'll give him a pass and an A for effort,we all know how bad the o-line played,,,,,,,,The way he kept plays alive really impressed the hell outta me & when he lowered his head & knocked the crap out of that donkey for the 1st down "WOW" :towelwave:

Now that's playing with heart & a real desire to win the game :bigthumb:

The one big positive from this game,,,,,,,,,,,,is how we are seeing what
Heath Miller is really capable of :banana2:
Glad to see our HC & OC use him more :clap:

Koopa
10-22-2007, 07:21 PM
you can't blame him for the fumble at all, that was all on mahan, mahan is a ****ing bum, he ****ing low snapped the ball, and then by the time ben could get a handle on it, mahan let his man and everyone else right by him and ben couldn't even look up cause he was already going down

the two ints were his fault, he over threw ward big time, and that first one i don't know wtf happened there, and he could've been picked off more

i like ben, i even wore my ben jersey today, but he makes me sick lol, he's always trying to get the espn highlight instead of the for sure ten, **** trying to bomb it on every play, while bombs are nice, a simple pass to heath will result in teh same thing, a first down

watching cutler pisses me off, cause he steps back and throws right away for an easy 8 to 10 yards, ben step back and back and back and then runs pump fakes and gets sacked or throws it away, sure he'll make a big play every now and then, but three steps and release, that will also help the **** *** oline.......... our offense would be better if ben would just throw the ball faster instead of trying to get on the top 10

DIESELMAN
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
watching cutler pisses me off, cause he steps back and throws right away for an easy 8 to 10 yards, ben step back and back and back and then runs pump fakes and gets sacked or throws it away, sure he'll make a big play every now and then, but three steps and release, that will also help the shiat *** oline.......... our offense would be better if ben would just throw the ball faster instead of trying to get on the top 10

Gotta agree with you there Koop, going through his progressions quicker would help him out there and the WR's running the right routes (Wilson, Washington) we need another Ward and Holmes and it sure would be nice to use our TE's with consistency, not every now and then where Miller has a good stat line. He need to have 5-8 receptions every game.

1 09/09 4 35 8.8 22T 1
2 09/16 2 34 17.0 29 0
3 09/23 4 82 20.5 29 0
4 09/30 3 46 15.3 28 0
5 10/07 4 44 11.0 13T 1
7 10/21 5 50 10.0 27 2

BlitzburghNation
10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Guess you overlooked Cutler's 2 int's "huh",,,,One of them was a bomb into double coverage ! Plus he threw another bad pass into double coverage !

His o-line protected him much better and I just wonder how well he would've played if he had the pressure Ben had,,,,,,,,

Koopa
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Guess you overlooked Cutler's 2 int's "huh",,,,One of them was a bomb into double coverage ! Plus he threw another bad pass into double coverage !

His o-line protected him much better and I just wonder how well he would've played if he had the pressure Ben had,,,,,,,,

i didn't say i wanted him to be like cutler in the sense of his whole game, i clearly was talking about his quick throws that get him a quick 8 or 10 yards, i wasn't talking about his bombs........ quick throws to your tight ends doesn't need the greatest protection, it just needs good route running which ward, holmes, heath, and i'm sure tim i mean matt spaeth are very capable of doing....... and i think reid would do good in route running too, he's had some nice sort catches this year when ward was broken.......

so lets recap, i wish ben would release the ball quicker for the easy first done instead of trying to make the highlight reel everytime he throws

steelcurtaingal
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Beast?....No Tom Brady is a beast...lol Ben still has some serious talent but he isn't all the way there yet......Hard to fault him for anything since he has no time in the pocket though...

yeah, the shiaty o-line doesnt help much lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
i didn't say i wanted him to be like cutler in the sense of his whole game, i clearly was talking about his quick throws that get him a quick 8 or 10 yards, i wasn't talking about his bombs........ quick throws to your tight ends doesn't need the greatest protection, it just needs good route running which ward, holmes, heath, and i'm sure tim i mean matt spaeth are very capable of doing....... and i think reid would do good in route running too, he's had some nice sort catches this year when ward was broken.......

so lets recap, i wish ben would release the ball quicker for the easy first done instead of trying to make the highlight reel everytime he throws

But Holmes only averaged 9 yards a catch last night and Miller averaged 10 yards a catch so Ben was going for shorter passes last night at times...

Its this simple Ben just needs to throw the ball away at times instead of forcing some passes...lol Plus just not hold onto the ball when being sacked....lol I don't think he'll ever be a great at reading defenses like Peyton or Brady but hey if he can just stop forcing those few passes a game and stop the fumbles then he will be a great QB......

The guy still had a QB rating over a 100 last night despite the two INTs and having no time in the pocket....So really all is not lost...We should be in most games thanks to Ben........But without a great Oline and with the defense breaking down like that this is a 9-10 win team at best....

Which to me is so what...If you're not first you're last.....:lol:

Koopa
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
i agree on the if your not first your last thing, if we went 16-0 and lost in teh afc championship, the season would be a complete failure..........every season we don't win a super bowl is a complete waste of time......... that's why cowher should not be in the hall of fame, cause of all his legit chances and he failed way more often then not

Stlrs4Life
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Give me the Ben of the 2nd half anytime. The Ben of the first half ( after the initial TD drive) you can have that Ben because those picks were so costly. The fumble was the back breaker though, just when we needed to keep them within striking distance and not let them get any more fired up we give them that 2 TD lead :nonod:

Still though, he showed poise in the pocket and led us right down the field twice in the 4th quarter on must have TD drives so you have to credit him for that. I have all the confidence in the world in Ben as our QB. He does need to be more mindful of holding onto the ball under pressure because that is killer.

:plus1: I agree TG. Ben needs to tuck that ball when he feels like he is going down.

kgreen
10-22-2007, 08:32 PM
our skill positions kick ***, our online blows....big time

They are so up and down that they alone might negate our postseason chances. That being said Ben's play has been outstanding this year. I am a little concerned about our long passing game. Arians promised so much out of it but we seemed to have more long ball TDs last year. I think Arians is the bum he was in Cleveland and he is just being hidden a little by Ben's play.

How's this for passing stats:

Season Team Passing
Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rating
105 166 63.3 1,303 7.8 13 5 101.1

Looks good for Ben!

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 10:38 PM
In my honest opinion I think this was kinda the break out game our offense has been looing for minus the turnovers,(the fumble wasn't ben's fault btw) I blame this loss on the defense, they showed a big time weakness in the quick passing game and that needs to be fixed, BAD. As for our line? it definitley is not great, but if our defense can get back to its dominating performance then maybe our o-line wont have to be great, willie still had 90 yards but they didn't really come through when we needed them. We are still the 3rd best team in the NFL and I think that unless we lose to cincy we should be fine. Btw I love Big Ben, hes a badass and is on pace to have his best season especially statistically so far.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: :lol: I knew GoBenGo would be happy:tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-23-2007, 12:07 AM
you can't blame him for the fumble at all, that was all on mahan, mahan is a ****ing bum, he ****ing low snapped the ball, and then by the time ben could get a handle on it, mahan let his man and everyone else right by him and ben couldn't even look up cause he was already going down

the two ints were his fault, he over threw ward big time, and that first one i don't know wtf happened there, and he could've been picked off more

i like ben, i even wore my ben jersey today, but he makes me sick lol, he's always trying to get the espn highlight instead of the for sure ten, **** trying to bomb it on every play, while bombs are nice, a simple pass to heath will result in teh same thing, a first down

watching cutler pisses me off, cause he steps back and throws right away for an easy 8 to 10 yards, ben step back and back and back and then runs pump fakes and gets sacked or throws it away, sure he'll make a big play every now and then, but three steps and release, that will also help the shiat *** oline.......... our offense would be better if ben would just throw the ball faster instead of trying to get on the top 10

:plus1: But i dont blame Ben for the routes we run. I have been saying since he has taken the helm that we need to run shorter routes. Ben is one hell of a quick release qb!!! But he only gets to do it on 3rd and shorts... like the play to Wilson... perfect we should do that on first down out of running formations!!!! But i dont blame him for the fumble he got hit by 2 guys that were virtually untouched... most qbs would not have got up!!! Hell Tom Brady would have been sacked 30 times if he was our Qb this year!!!! I dont blame Ben at all, not this year. 13 tds to 5 Ints is damn good for a steeler QB!!! Plus,the ints were in early in the game and he more than made up for them!!!

ShipHockey7
10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
not to mention he endorses some very good beef jerkey that I had when I was down in the Pittsburgh area this weekend..he is a beast

BBG7
10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
He is playing well. The O-line hasn't given him time all year but he still makes plays and buys a little time. Not many QBs could do that with our line. As for the fumble, I can't blame that on Ben, it was a horrible snap, he had to take his eyes off the field to get the ball and 2 guys came in untouched. We are truely blessed to have Ben because of his size and his ability to break tackles. Right now with the way our line is playing, I would take him over any qb in the league.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Ben's stats are remarkable considering the OL play being as inconsistent as it has been so far. Ben is doing everything we ask of him and more mostly, he's improved his accuracy leaps and bounds this year and he's making key throws at crucial times. The interceptions; Ben is a gun slinger and he's going to take chances that's just how it is and that's how he's going to play in his career so we have to live with. The thing that concerns me is the way he holds onto the ball under pressure, it's one thing to never give up on a play but when you are going down tuck that damn ball instead of holding it out till the last second.

NOVA STEELERS
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
A solid game, but has to be smarter with the rock, needs to hit the receivers when they are open......... Missed Hines on a slant that would have been a HUGE gain and stop forcing it downfield when its not there....... Also missed Miller a couple of times...... still would not want another QB under center then Ben

Prosdo
10-23-2007, 01:07 PM
I think if Ben had more time to throw the ball this game would have been much different. The way this O-line is playing makes me nervous about this year and the future.

SteelersWoman
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
It's a wonder Ben even WANTS to play for us--he's probably Jonesing for Tom's line lol

He's got to worry everytime that ball's snapped as to whether he's gonna get killed or not.

To me, he's ONE tough guy to keep goin. It's a good thing he's so big, and has the scrambling ability he to get away--or he'd be taking a LOT more than 2-3 sacks per game.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I still think Anthony Smith, McFadden, and Lamarr Woodley start. and whatever happened to Lawerence Timmons. O and F*CK TOM BRADY

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
F*CK TOM BRADY HELL YEAH :cope::cope::cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Yea more blind homer Steelers fans......Tom Brady owns us but **** him...lol He will own us again this year...lol

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Yea more blind homer Steelers fans......Tom Brady owns us but **** him...lol He will own us again this year...lol
What are we supposed to worship him?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 10:11 PM
What are we supposed to worship him?

No not at all....But he is the best QB in the game today and deserves some respect.......

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:13 PM
No not at all....But he is the best QB in the game today and deserves some respect....... I agree he is the best qb in the game today, and I do respect what he is capable of I still dont like him though.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 10:13 PM

Enough already !

I think if Ben had more time to throw the ball this game would have been much different. The way this O-line is playing makes me nervous about this year and the future.

Sooner or later Tomlin is going to have to try something different on the OL. If that means Philip at Center and Starks at RT, Chris K at RG then so be it. I don't think he's going to mess with the left side too much but the right side I could definitely see changes made if things don't shape up soon.

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Sooner or later Tomlin is going to have to try something different on the OL. If that means Philip at Center and Starks at RT, Chris K at RG then so be it. I don't think he's going to mess with the left side too much but the right side I could definitely see changes made if things don't shape up soon.Agreed, I am also worried about the defense a little bit, Denver really exposed a weakness, I think it can be easily fixed though.

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I hate Tom's guts.....But after three super bowl wins and what he is doing this year...I can't knock him.....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Its ok to post F-Brady but wrong to say blind homer Steelers fans....:lol: I feel a hit the road jack coming along....:lol:Hey I wasn't knocking I was just saying F*ck him lol

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
You know what **** Troy Polamalu...lolHAHAHAHAHAHA
that was hilarious

snowman79
10-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Ben has to hold his hand up and say yes bad throw for interception into double coverage but other than that he came out in the second half showing us all what playing for the Steelers really means to him. The "O" line need to shore up and give him a bit more protection, also they need to create better gaps for Willie to break through. But hey lets all remember even with our turnovers they only beat us with a last second field goal, so lets forget that game its in the past and there aint nothing we can do about it now, lets look ahead to the Bungles game, lets go to Cincy and beat the s**t out of them,
lets get behind our beloved Black n' Gold, remember people :
"WE ARE THE STEELERS" and make sure wherever you live, wherever you work,
wherever you watch the Steelers you are part of one big family and dont let anyone around you ever forget that!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:towelwave::gs::tt02::tt02: