PDA

View Full Version : IF Steelers beat Cincy Sunday they should be 10-2 going into New England...

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Now if people are going to forget about the division for a minute and look at the big picture meaning the playoffs and homefield advantage and the bye week and what not, then the bottom line is if the Steelers are to have any chance to get that they are going to have to be 10-2 going into the game with the Pats in New England on December 9th. And Im telling you and Ill keep beating a dead horse here if the Steelers win this game in Cincy on Sunday here and get to 5-2 the way things set up in November with 4 out of 5 at home they have a great shot to do just that based on who they play. The November schedule once again is this they start it with home games to Baltimore and Cleveland, followed by a road game against the Jets, then back here to face the Dolphins on Monday night, followed by a game with Cincy here on Sunday night. There is not a game on that schedule that I can look at right now and sit here and say that the Steelers shouldnt win or wont win if they clean things up and get back to playing the way they can.

None of those teams I think are as good as the Broncos were last night. Yes the Ravens and Browns will be tough here at home because they are both division games, but the way the Steelers have been playing this year at home so far combined with the way the Ravens and Browns have been so inconsistent this year there is no reason to think the Steelers wont win both of those games. The Jets are a mess right now and while the game is on the road in New York the Steelers should still be able to win that game. The Miami game is pretty much an absolute lock here. The Dolphins have pretty much mailed it in and there is no way they come into Heinz Field on a Monday night and beat the Steelers. The Cincy game here will be tough as well but yet again its a primetime game at home, and with as inconsistent and up and down Cincy has been especially on the road so far this year, and as good as the Steelers have been so far at home this year as Ive been saying there is no reason to think we wont win that game. Will it be tough?? Yes, Should we still win the game?? Yes.

The KEY game again here is this Sunday if you go into Cincy and beat the Bengals you go up on them 3 games in the standings and essentially 4 games with the head to head tiebraker over them which pretty much takes care of them for the rest of the way. If you go into the Ravens game up one game 5-2 to 4-3 and beat the Ravens your up two games on them in the Standings and essentially 3 games again having won the head to head with them. Its going to be important to keep an eye on what the Colts and Pats do the next 3-4 weeks. The Colts have a tough road the next 4 weeks having to play at the Jags tonight, at Carolina next week, hosting the Pats, and then having to go to San Diego the following week. All the Colts have to do in that stretch is lose one or two games and the Steelers keep winning like I been saying with that favorable schedule in November and boom your right there with the Colts for the 1 or 2 seed come December. The Pats meanwhile is another story. That is why its soooo important for the Steelers to win that game in Cincy this Sunday and get to 5-2 with the upcoming favorable schedule. If you lose this week and go to 4-3 you can pretty much forget about catching the Pats in the standings. The Pats I think will lose to Indy in 2 weeks on the road. They will pretty much win every other game they play. That will put them 11-1 going into the Steelers game on December 9th. Its why its sooo important that the Steelers get that win in Cincy on Sunday and get to 5-2 because as Ive been saying the schedule really really sets up well for the Steelers to win the next 5 games before the Pats game and be 10-2 going into that game and only be 1 game behind them in the standings for homefield advantage assuming the Pats lose to the Colts in 2 weeks in Indy which right now I think they will. If your only one game behind the Pats going into that game with them and you beat them you then have the same record as them at 11-2 and then have the tiebraker in hand with the head to head meeting.

So Im just telling everybody on here read what Im telling you on here and if you look at it closely like I have you will see that if the Steelers take care of business this Sunday in Cincy and get to 5-2, with the way there schedule sets up in November looking very winnable, and as hard as the Pats and Colts schedule is the next 4 weeks or so, the Steelers will still have a very very legit shot to get one of those top 2 seeds. The bottom line is to have any shot of doing so THEY MUST WIN IN CINCY ON SUNDAY PERIOD. If they do not you can pretty much guarantee they will be on the road for the playoffs after wildcard weekend. If they do win however, things completely change and they get right back into this race for homefield and a bye week with the Pats and Colts. Remember where you heard it first.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Every game on our schedule is winnable, including the Pats. Im so sick of hearing about them, OMG :banging:

Ok I feel better now..LOL. Having said that, every game is winnable yes because IF we play to our potential we can beat anybody on any given sunday, the problem is will we be playing to our potential between now and then to put ourselves in a good position in the conference?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I thought this non sense would stop after the Steelers playing like a bunch of stiffs yesterday...Oh well same old crap around here...News flash the Oline sucks and we totally over payed for that bum Troy P......lol

K Train
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I thought this non sense would stop after the Steelers playing like a bunch of stiffs yesterday...Oh well same old crap around here...News flash the Oline sucks and we totally over payed for that bum Troy P......lol

yep we lost because the fans are looking forward to the new england game...thats it

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
yep we lost because the fans are looking forward to the new england game...thats it

News flash genius I didn't say that at all....:lol: All I was saying I thought maybe all this looking ahead would stop after the Steelers playing like stiffs and losing to a team they should have beaten.....Of course not typical Steelers fans ****....Everybody is a beast on the team and the Steelers are going to roll through each game.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Overpaying Troy P as you call it has nothing to do with it. The dude didn't suddenly become terrible because he got a big paycheck. Regardless of his stats we are a better team with him on the field because he allows everyone else to do things they couldn't do if another safety was in there.

This 2007 schedule isn't your typical one IMO; because there are enough teams that are playing tougher than expected right now to keep us battle tested combined with the really good teams on the schedule too.

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Everybody is a beast on the team and the Steelers are going to roll through each game.....Damn straight:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-22-2007, 11:36 PM

yeah im not really buying troy as a bust either man. Look at Bailey... he had total of 35 or so balls thrown his way last year... thats it, 35!!! When your a good secondary player... you down get the gim'mes like most players!!! Whole offensive schemes are game planned to play away from troy.. he got paid for a good reason!!! He is a game changer, he plays in the box so he isnt gonna get 6+ picks a year... but hell be in the top 4 or 5 in tackles and not too many recievers or te's want to come across the deep middle when he is back there!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
In all honesty, i see a strange trend here that i thought left wit Cowher... are still playing on emotion instead of inside the scheme!!! I think our overall scheme is very good. But if you look at our 2 losses, they were to teams that were in MUST win situations where as we were coming off of good wins. ARI had the whole "win for whiz" and the fact that they had lost some really close games. And DEN witht the tribute to Nash and Williams, the blow out loss to SD and everyone saying the had no chance against the MIGHTY Steelers!!! We still play like we our heart instead of our heads. Ths is why i think you might see our best ball starting in Foxborough. We will be an underdog that maybe a 10-2 team... thats the type of motivation (sadly) it looks like the steelers need to win a game!!! Also, I dont think Ben is using his new authority to the best of our teams advantage. I can def. tell he has re-commited him slef to being a QB rather than a Celeb!!! And he is trusting his guys to make plays! (sometimes a lil too much but ill take that) But, Ben should of realized that just because there is 8 in the box deosnt mean we have to audible to a pass. Thats exactly what he did last night and i took us out of our game!!! We should of ran at that 8 man front the entire 1st quarter!!! We can all sit here and say that "our oline sucks" but i would take them over any team in our division, and only after the colts and pats in the AFC. i think they are struggling because we are letting the D dictate what we do rather than, creating a game plan, calling those plays and dictating what the D is gonna have to do!!! I like this team alot and i still think anything less than 12 wins is a disappointment... but its still a playoff record and a Divisional title!!!!

Koopa
10-22-2007, 11:40 PM
we are nowhere on teh level of the pats, the only way we win is if tom brady, moss, welker, stalworth, and every other starter dies.......... i wouldn't be surprised if the dolphins beat us, i wouldn't be surprised if the ravens beat us, they always play us tough even when they suck, i woulnd't be surprised if we lose to the browns........... we are the most overrated team with a winning record, we are lucky to have had such a weak *** schedule at the beginning of the season

steelcitysfinestXL
10-22-2007, 11:55 PM
we are nowhere on teh level of the pats, the only way we win is if tom brady, moss, welker, stalworth, and every other starter dies.......... i wouldn't be surprised if the dolphins beat us, i wouldn't be surprised if the ravens beat us, they always play us tough even when they suck, i woulnd't be surprised if we lose to the browns........... we are the most overrated team with a winning record, we are lucky to have had such a weak *** schedule at the beginning of the season

Well to each his own.. i didnt think the Broncos had a chance to beat us this week kinda like you dont think we have a chance to beat the Pats... or anyone else!!! Im not gonna pull out the cliches' and say "Any Given Sunday" I think our team is actually better than they have played. I dont think we have played to potential all year. Im still waiting for us to play our best football!!! But hey i live in Pittsburgh (by choice) Born and Raised... so this is in my blood!!!! Maybe i just see it different!!!

Troyisabeast_43
10-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Yea keep making assanine statements like players having to die on the Pats for us to have a chance to beat them,and Miami beating us and just one stupid thing after another. Makes you lose more credibility then you already have. The Steelers dont make the schedule dude they play who is on it and the bottom line is there still 4-2. This is still a good football team man probably the 3rd best team in the AFC behind the Pats and Colts. For people to keep throwing them under the bus after one loss on here with 10 games left in the season is just retarded in my mind. It proves right here that your a bandwagoner fair weather fan,and when the Steelers do turn this thing around and get on a roll after this Sunday when they win in Cinc which they indeed will do, you will be all over there nuts again and act like you didnt even say anything like this because thats what you do.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Yea keep making assanine statements like players having to die on the Pats for us to have a chance to beat them,and Miami beating us and just one stupid thing after another. Makes you lose more credibility then you already have. The Steelers dont make the schedule dude they play who is on it and the bottom line is there still 4-2. This is still a good football team man probably the 3rd best team in the AFC behind the Pats and Colts. For people to keep throwing them under the bus after one loss on here with 10 games left in the season is just retarded in my mind. It proves right here that your a bandwagoner fair weather fan,and when the Steelers do turn this thing around and get on a roll after this Sunday when they win in Cinc which they indeed will do, you will be all over there nuts again and act like you didnt even say anything like this because thats what you do.

I would if said it a bit nicer, but i agree!!! Im the same fan when we are 6-10 or 15-1!!! Our Oline is regardeed by many as one of the best!!!! Tell David Carr and Houston fans how much you hate or O-line, LOL!!! Tell Raiders fans what a dumbass our Qb is... my point is most fans would kill to have the majority of our players to root for on sundays!!! i wouldnt trade them for the world... we can win the superbowl with out signing 4 free agent number 1 wrs and a DP of the Year candidate!!!!!

Koopa
10-23-2007, 12:24 AM

are you retarded?? if you would read right, you would see i said i wouldn't be surpised if we lose to miami, as in it could happen, not saying straight up we would

if we are the 3rd best in the afc it's a distant 3rd, cause we are nowhere on the level of the colts and pats

and why do ppl talk about credibilty?? it's a ****ing message board, i truely could care less what others ppl i will never meet in my life care what i say, i'm gonna say what i gotta say even if it's not a popular statement, i ain't down with this bias bullshit, i tell it how i see it, i don't make excuses for every thing

our 2 losses have come against scrub *** teams, so that makes us a scrub *** team, the only legit win might be the seahawks, and even then, it's a nfc team so it's hard to say it's a legit win with a straight face

and i ain't no bandwagon fan, bandwagon fans don't tattoo the teams logo on their arm.......... you'll never see me switch up on the steelers, but don't expect me to act like everythings gonna be alright when we keep losing to scrub *** teams

and read all my post, i don't usually switch up, when i hate a player, i hate them win or lose, like willie, i think he's overrated, and he keeps doing good, but yet i don't back down from my overrated statement, sure he's in my sig, but that's cause i don't have any other good sig

SteelerFan87
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Gotta love Steelers fans. When we win it's "Yeah! We're the best team in the league! We're going to kick everyone's ***!" and when we lose it's "Wow, this team sucks! We can't beat anybody! The season's over!" :lol:

Anyway, I'm not even thinking about getting the #1 seed in the AFC. We'd have to get past New England and Indianapolis for it, and we already have lost 2 more games than them. I don't think you can really expect those 2 teams to both have 3 losses, nor do I think you can expect the Steelers to run the table. I think we're a good team, but we need to get back on track, stay focused, and play Steeler football. I think we can get the #3 seed, and right now, my main concern is being able to beat Indy and NE on the field if/when we play them, rather than worrying about beating them in the standings.

Troyisabeast_43
10-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Miami has no chance to beat the Steelers here at Heinz Field and if you do think that the way Miami has played so for this year then you are an idiot, but to make a statement like we cant beat the Pats unless all there receivers and there whole team dies is just stupid. Maybe the Steelers shouldnt even show up to Foxborough that day since the they will be sooooo scared and in awww of the Pats maybe it will effect the plane ride to New England so much that the pilot might have to stop the plane for an emergency landing because the whole Steelers team is having heart attacks from being sooo afraid to play the Patriots. You can say whatever you want, but if you want to keeping making dumb statements like the ones you made in the other posts, then Ill keep firing right back. You do this all the time after the Steelers lose a game it seems like you and a few other people just go completely off the deep end and act like the season is finished and done and its just very annoying to read the same **** time and time again.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I wouldnt call Denver and Arizona scrub teams. They are mediocre teams at the very worst. Should the Steelers have beat them?? Yes we probably should have. Arizona has pretty much been in every game they have played this year, and the Broncos despite there 3-3 record I think are a lot better then that and I do think they will turn things around here for the better this season. Both of those teams the Steelers lost too still have a lot of talent and there were unique circumstances involved in each game with the whole Whisenhunt thing, and Denver being completely desperate to win a game to save there season especially playing in Denver where they are very tough to beat. No excuse for losing both of them by any means, but still they did lose to them and it is what it is. Its not like they freakin lost to the Rams and Dolphins or something. This Steelers team will be fine, they still are going to win this division and end up with a very good record when all is said and done this season.

dkanna
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Gotta love Steelers fans. When we win it's "Yeah! We're the best team in the league! We're going to kick everyone's ***!" and when we lose it's "Wow, this team sucks! We can't beat anybody! The season's over!" :lol:

Anyway, I'm not even thinking about getting the #1 seed in the AFC. We'd have to get past New England and Indianapolis for it, and we already have lost 2 more games than them. I don't think you can really expect those 2 teams to both have 3 losses, nor do I think you can expect the Steelers to run the table. I think we're a good team, but we need to get back on track, stay focused, and play Steeler football. I think we can get the #3 seed, and right now, my main concern is being able to beat Indy and NE on the field if/when we play them, rather than worrying about beating them in the standings.

I will never say Steelers Suck, they are my team to the end. I dont care if they go 0-16, I am loyal. As far as this season goes I have not seen exceptional play by this team this year. I would not say they are they are bad nor would I say they are going to seal the division, but if they do, I would love it. Ben is great but not consistent. The o-line needs to help him out so he doesnt have to do his normal scramble and get in turnover situations. Defense needs to step up too. I think the team played much better against the seahawks than they did against the broncos and we had some hi-end people out of the game. I think confidence got too high against broncos because we had our heavy hittters in the game. We need to take that in stride, learn from the mistakes, quit making polamalu run around the field like a monkey and get down to some serious football. This team can do some serious damage when they are on their game.

GO STEELERS, KICK SOME BENGEL A$$:helmet:

[AutoMerged Post Below]
oops i mean bengal, dont grade my spelling :)