PDA

View Full Version : NOW, what do you think about our record!!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
10-22-2007, 04:00 AM
I know some people believe even us as fans have to take the season one game at a time... but im not one of those people!!! After this rediculous loss to another SUBPAR team, we can just throw that elite status right out the window... maybe along with HFA, a buy or anything else we have been dreaming about since week 5. This game proved to me that we are not a team that can win ALL the games we are supposed to! So no, we shouldnt be mentioned w/ the likes of the Pats, Colts or Boys!!! Earlier today i believed anything less than 12-4 was a shame. Now im hoping for 11-5! I know im being awfully pesimistic, but i want to know what people think. I believe 11-5 is where we will be! I forsee a loss the NE, Jags, and a Divisional opponent! How do yings guys see it!?!?!?

SteelersWoman
10-22-2007, 04:27 AM
While I agree that until tonight the Broncos could have been called "subpar", they certainly didn't play subpar tonight.

I give them credit for coming out and playing well--or at least with incredible intensity. The Saints did a similar thing last week against the 'Hawks--an 0-5 team played about as well as the playoff Saints of 06.

We know that desperate teams (especially when they're "usually" a good team--like the Broncos) can play like a team possessed and pull a win when they feel their backs' against a wall.

As far as how many we'll win...I've been mentioning almost from the beginning that our O line is suspect. Unless we get the issues (or at least SOME of the issues) fixed there, IMO (at this point in the season), we'll be lucky to win 9 or 10. Which, with a first year HC, I guess wouldn't be too bad...

I just hope I'm wrong and that we win several more than that :D

By the way, I sure wasn't impressed much with our D for at least half that game, either.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Give the broncos credit, they came out tonight in desperate mode. They felt like they absolutely had to win this game at all costs because they were on a skid and could have easily been winless to this point. It's hard to beat a team that is desperate like that and backed into a corner. Even so we still had a chance to send it to OT if had stopped them on that last drive.

Should we have beat them, yes ! We didn't though and now we have to focus on taking care of business this week.

steelersgal86
10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Give the broncos credit, they came out tonight in desperate mode. They felt like they absolutely had to win this game at all costs because they were on a skid and could have easily been winless to this point. It's hard to beat a team that is desperate like that and backed into a corner. Even so we still had a chance to send it to OT if had stopped them on that last drive.

Should we have beat them, yes ! We didn't though and now we have to focus on taking care of business this week.

well said :clap::clap:

Forged in Steel
10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Right now I'm looking at 11-5 or 10-6. For the Patriots, 16-0.

GoBenGo
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, the Broncos have sucked this year. They did not last night. Our boys just did not show up in the first half. DID NOT SHOW UP. Defensive backs standing around, the mesh oline. Smith new nickname the Donkey drum , since they beat him all game. ALL GAME.
Granted, Ben is holding the ball too long. But c'mon, man. You gotta put a hat on a blitzer. The Broncos did! This is against a rookie Dline!!! it just shouldn't happen like that. why?why?why?
And Smith was getting punked by a 5'11" 260 end. Isn't he like, 6'5 300+, and shouldn't someone of his calibre have an advantage in that situation? get beat, get your QB killed, see turnover, whatch your guy pick up said fumble and score a 40yd td. sad, pathetic, ...
Too many stupid penalties, again. Even some they didn't call!!
everything was in place to step us to that elite status. Raisins lost, Stains lost. Donkey's brought their A game, and all of our guys were back.
IMO just seems like they phoned it in in the first half.
Donk's played up to and beyond our level. When faced with that, great teams turnit up another notch, not what we did.
If there is a bright area here, it is that our weaknesses were so apparent that there shouldn't be any reason that they are not fixed.
This is the pros baby, do it right or what someone else do it right in your place!

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I would have liked to have seen this poll 2 weeks ago, I bet there would have been a serious difference in the results:lol:.... alot of 11-5 now...looks like there is alot of room on the bandwagon,:lol:

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
I've been saying since the season started the Steelers would go 11-5 and I'm still sticking to that. They have too many issues with the o-line to even think about 12,13 or even 14 wins.

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 01:29 PM
I FIRST SAID 12-4 SO I'M STICKING WITH IT WE HAVE 2 PLAY BETTER ON THE ROAD PERIOD.WE STILL CAN CONTEND 4 THE DIVISION, AN WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN ONCE U GET N2 THE PLAYOFFS, SO GO STEELERS AN GET THAT O-LINE 2GETHER

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
AND I'M NOT MAKING EXCUSES BUT, DID U C HOW THEY WERE SUCKING WIND? STILL THEY SHOULD'VE WON WE HAVE ENOUGH VERTERANS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE B4 AN WE NEED THAT LEADERSHIP 2 START SHOWING, BOTH ON OFFENSE AN DEFENSE, WHO R OUR CAPTANIS ON OFFENSE AN DEFENSE? AN WHY DON'T THEY HAVE AN C ON THERE SHIRTS? ANYWAY THIS IS WHERE JOEY IS MISSED ON DEFENSE LEADERSHIP!! AN JEROME ON OFFENSE WE NEED LEADSHIP ON THE FEILD FELLOWS!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Stop about the Broncos playing well...They had the 32 ranked rush defense and that terrible Oline of ours couldn't get any push on them all night...Plus the Broncos have an under sized Dline...Just sad really....

This team will be lucky to finish 9-7 now especially with that Oline and that bum at SS that has the richest contract in team history that can't make an impact play to save his sorry life anymore....

BlitzburghNation
10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Staying with my original prediction of 11-5,,,,,,,,,,,,

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 12:10 AM
12-4 at the least

SteelersWoman
10-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Stop about the Broncos playing well...They had the 32 ranked rush defense....

Doesn't really matter where a team is "ranked"or how they'd played until that point--what matters is how well they perform on the night we played them. On THAT night, Jay Cutler broke like 3 of his own records, their D held Willie to under 100 yards--so yeah, regardless of what they'd done til then, they played decently, and should be given credit for it.

ARKIESTEEL
10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
If we can get the O-line playing better 12 and 4 is not out of reach. I wish we would pass more out of the play action it would give Ben more time to throw the ball. I dont think we are done after just going 4 and 2 in the first 6 games are we as good as the Colts and the Pats maybe not but I damn sure want to get to the playoffs to try them in January.......

digdug
10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I originally said 12-4 and I'm sticking with it. This was one of those heartbreakers that happen to us each and every year. IMO the Donkeys were better prepared as a TEAM coming off the bye week.

KSSteelerfan
10-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I realize any team can beat any other team on any given day but I hate when this happens to us. The Donkos aren't that great a team this year and I don't know if the Steelers took them to lightly or what, but I'm hoping that the Steelers chock this one up to experience and to not take any other of the teams that they play the rest of this year so lightly.

steelcurtaingal
10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Doesn't really matter where a team is "ranked"or how they'd played until that point--what matters is how well they perform on the night we played them. On THAT night, Jay Cutler broke like 3 of his own records, their D held Willie to under 100 yards--so yeah, regardless of what they'd done til then, they played decently, and should be given credit for it.

well said

Troyisabeast_43
10-23-2007, 10:50 PM
The only games I really see the Steelers losing possibly after this game in Cincy which by the way I think the Steelers will win, but the only games I see them losing after this week are at the Pats of course,maybe the Jags here and the Ravens the last week of the season in Baltimore since the Steelers always have a hard time winning down there and havent done so in 6 years I believe. Im gonna say 13-3 I know you might think Im nuts but hold me too it and lets see if Im right at the end of the year. I think the Steelers are going to win 9 of their last 10 games I really do believe the schedule is favorable enough to do so based on who they play, and this Steelers team is good enough to do so as well. So Im gonna stick with 13-3.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
The only games I really see the Steelers losing possibly after this game in Cincy which by the way I think the Steelers will win, but the only games I see them losing after this week are at the Pats of course,maybe the Jags here and the Ravens the last week of the season in Baltimore since the Steelers always have a hard time winning down there and havent done so in 6 years I believe. Im gonna say 13-3 I know you might think Im nuts but hold me too it and lets see if Im right at the end of the year. I think the Steelers are going to win 9 of their last 10 games I really do believe the schedule is favorable enough to do so based on who they play, and this Steelers team is good enough to do so as well. So Im gonna stick with 13-3.

13-3...I see the silly non sense hasn't stopped....:lol:

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 10:56 PM
The only games I really see the Steelers losing possibly after this game in Cincy which by the way I think the Steelers will win, but the only games I see them losing after this week are at the Pats of course,maybe the Jags here and the Ravens the last week of the season in Baltimore since the Steelers always have a hard time winning down there and havent done so in 6 years I believe. Im gonna say 13-3 I know you might think Im nuts but hold me too it and lets see if Im right at the end of the year. I think the Steelers are going to win 9 of their last 10 games I really do believe the schedule is favorable enough to do so based on who they play, and this Steelers team is good enough to do so as well. So Im gonna stick with 13-3.Thats a fair prediction

Troyisabeast_43
10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Yea nonsense is you saying the Browns are going to win the division the other night, and that Troy is garbage. You probably think will go 4-12 the rest of the way based on the retarded things that come from your posts most of the time.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Yea nonsense is you saying the Browns are going to win the division the other night, and that Troy is garbage. You probably think will go 4-12 the rest of the way based on the retarded things that come from your posts most of the time.

Its no different then talking about the Pats in two months in advance when there is plenty of games left until then....Who is retarded now....:lol: But thats just the blind homers all of you are...Thinking the Steelers are just going to roll every game and blow everybody out...lol

13-3 with this Oline come on stop smoking whatever you're smoking.....:lol:

SteelerSteve
10-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Its no different then talking about the Pats in two months in advance when there is plenty of games left until then....Who is retarded now....:lol: But thats just the blind homers all of you are...Thinking the Steelers are just going to roll every game and blow everybody out...lol

13-3 with this Oline come on stop smoking whatever you're smoking.....:lol:No one thinks they are going to roll every game, why are you being an *** to everyone who thinks positive about the steelers? Thats what most fans do, they think positive about their teams and their chances.

Troyisabeast_43
10-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Never said they are going to roll every game, Im looking ahead to the schedule because Im a fan and Im allowed to look ahead and make predictions on the upcoming games within the next month. And looking at the teams were playing combined with how good the Steelers have looked more times then not so far this year they can win everyone of these games up until the Pats. Your going to sit here and tell me that the Ravens the way they have looked so far this year up and down, the Browns who are still inconsistent and not ready to be a major player yet, the Jets who flat out stink, and Dolphins who are a complete disaster, and the Bengals again here at Heinz Field where the Steelers have played lights out, your telling me you dont think the Steelers can win any of those games up until the Pats game. You have to look ahead to the Pats game and worry about the Colts as well because in the end those are the 2 teams the Steelers are going to have to go through come playoff time if there going to have any chance to get to the Super Bowl realistically.