PDA

View Full Version : If we don't stop the blitz it's just going to get worse

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:12 AM
The cards blitzed all day and we couldn't do anything. The broncos blitzed all night long and we couldn't stop it with any consistency until the 4th quarter. Ben was on his back and running for his life way too much. If it wasn't for his presence in the pocket in avoiding so many potential sacks it could have been a lot worse and it was bad enough as it is.

For a team that blitzes all the time and a Coach who used the Cover 2 defense we sure need to straighten things out with the blocking because teams are going to continue to do it to us until we can stop it.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Thank you Mr. Obvious !! :lol::lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
The cards blitzed all day and we couldn't do anything. The broncos blitzed all night long and we couldn't stop it with any consistency until the 4th quarter. Ben was on his back and running for his life way too much. If it wasn't for his presence in the pocket in avoiding so many potential sacks it could have been a lot worse and it was bad enough as it is.

For a team that blitzes all the time and a Coach who used the Cover 2 defense we sure need to straighten things out with the blocking because teams are going to continue to do it to us until we can stop it.

Ok...this team can pass block to save its life so its going to be a season long problem.....

We have a LT that should be playing RT...He is only playing LT out of default....lol Plus Faneca doesn't care this year since he doesn't have his contract.....He couldn't pass block in his prime anyway now he is just worse.....Ok Mahan just doesn't have the strength to play center for us....He does alright but that doesn't cut it....Both Simmons and Colon can get hit by a bus for all I care...They both suck and should be shot......Colon is so bad I wish Max Starks was in there kind of...lol

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, we need to patch up what we can, and hope to get some quality linemen in the draft and free agency

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:25 AM
What blows my mind is that we are a blitzing team with a HC who runs the cover 2 and a DC who lives to blitz, you'd think our OL would experts at blocking this stuff. I said it ealier and I say it again because i don't get it. We have the guys to get it done but they are inconsistent and it really sux.

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:28 AM
What blows my mind is that we are a blitzing team with a HC who runs the cover 2 and a DC who lives to blitz, you'd think our OL would experts at blocking this stuff.I miss hartings

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:31 AM
I miss Dermontti Dawson

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:35 AM
What blows my mind is that we are a blitzing team with a HC who runs the cover 2 and a DC who lives to blitz, you'd think our OL would experts at blocking this stuff.

Well you still need talent at the Oline...lol This Oline lacks some serious talent.....

I'm going to preach again.....Somehow it would be nice to finally have a legit LT and not play Smith there anymore....He does alright but he is better suited for RT...Plus that move would plug another hole at RT since both Colon and Starks suck....

Faneca is worthless....and so is Simmons....As for Mahan he does alright but again we needs a center with more strength that can handle those monster NTs.......

Get a LT and a new C....Move Mahan to OG.....That would be my plan.....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

I miss hartings

In case you were not paying attention....Mr. Hartings was playing one one good knew the last few years and it was time for him to hang them up....He was a fine center but he couldn't play forever....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Simmons just signed a big deal so he's staying for awhile. I still think Colon can do the job at LT but he's a work in progress and will be all year; Im just hoping he improves enough this year to keep Ben from getting killed and let us have a running game to that side.

Im not sold on Mahan either but he's all we got right now with any experience.

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:40 AM
In case you were not paying attention....Mr. Hartings was playing one one good knew the last few years and it was time for him to hang them up....He was a fine center but he couldn't play forever.... I agree, what I was geting at is I miss having a solid, veteran center we could rely on.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Simmons just signed a big deal so he's staying for awhile. I still think Colon can do the job at LT but he's a work in progress and will be all year; Im just hoping he improves enough this year to keep Ben from getting killed and let us have a running game to that side.

Im not sold on Mahan either but he's all we got right now with any experience.

Colon at LT? Colon can't play RT....So I hope we never see him protecting Ben's blind side....lol I know it would suck to take the cap hit but just cut Simmons he sucks anyway....Might as well and try Kemoeatu at RG....What would it hurt?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Sorry, I mean Colon at RT..typo, I was pissed off and tired last night..LOL

If Chris K can prove himself and play RG then by all means put him in there. He had his chance though this year to win that job because the competition was wide open and he couldn't get it done. Right now Kendall is the best RG we have and all that big money means he'll be around for atleast alittle while because the team believes in him.

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
The big concern is how many more hits can Ben take? How long until that one big hit that knocks him out? It's bound to happen sooner or later with the frequency opponents are getting to him!

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH OUR TEAM IS THE O-LINE IT NEEDS AN MAJOR OVERHAUL, MAHAND SUCK SIMMONS WON'T BLOCK ANYONE COLON JUST LOOKS AWFUL FANECA IS JUST BUYING TIME MARVELL IS THE ONLY ONE DOING HIS JOB, UNTILL WE GET AN MAKE OVER WERE NOT GOING FAR N THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

SteelerFan87
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH OUR TEAM IS THE O-LINE IT NEEDS AN MAJOR OVERHAUL, MAHAND SUCK SIMMONS WON'T BLOCK ANYONE COLON JUST LOOKS AWFUL FANECA IS JUST BUYING TIME MARVELL IS THE ONLY ONE DOING HIS JOB, UNTILL WE GET AN MAKE OVER WERE NOT GOING FAR N THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Faneca leaves it all on the field every week. Meanwhile, Marvel "The Matador" Smith got eaten alive by Dumervil last night. They beat him like a rented mule, as Mike Lange would say. He looked like ****.

I'm very uncomfortable with this O-line. They can dominate bad teams, or teams that don't get a decent pass rush, but they just don't show up against good teams. Our O-line is horribly overrated.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry, I mean Colon at RT..typo, I was pissed off and tired last night..LOL

If Chris K can prove himself and play RG then by all means put him in there. He had his chance though this year to win that job because the competition was wide open and he couldn't get it done. Right now Kendall is the best RG we have and all that big money means he'll be around for atleast alittle while because the team believes in him.

I knew you meant RT but just reading Colon at LT made my stomach turn...lol

SteelerFan87
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
I hope we can find a good Center in free agency, like we did with Hartings, and then move Mahan to Guard and draft somebody to be the next Alan Faneca and anchor the line.