PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Player of the Game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:30 AM
This sux...we lost but who do you think played well this week?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Jason Elam.......He won the game....lol Oh and the Steelers looking like little girls and letting the Broncos punk them on National TV........

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
This aint the opposing teams POTG, it's ours ya clown ! LOL

Ibleedblk&gld
10-22-2007, 12:42 AM
def. larry foote...

Koopa
10-22-2007, 12:56 AM
i think this should be outlawed, you don't reward players for losing

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Steelers Digest does a player of the game, so does other sites regardless of the outcome. You can't just pick players when you win other wise you'd have inconsistent results because we seem like fair weather fans. You pick a potg win or lose because we're Steeler fans and we can always find something positive to build on regardless of who won the game. Even in the worst blow out loss there's always somebody that played good.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Other then 2 int. Ben was all right...he didn't tank on us...I go with Farrior, I guess...

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Anyone on defense should not be listed imo, Ben had a hell of a game though, he put it all out there with pressure in his face, he looked like houdini out there. :lol: when he put his shoulder down and layed into the bronco defender, that was pretty cool. Big Ben is the only reason we were in this game and he should be rewarded.:hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Anyone on defense should not be listed imo, Ben had a hell of a game though, he put it all out there with pressure in his face, he looked like houdini out there. :lol: when he put his shoulder down and layed into the bronco defender, that was pretty cool. Big Ben is the only reason we were in this game and he should be rewarded.:hilarious:

Ok...I actually have followed Ben since before he was a Steeler and I usually defend him more then anyone but no he shouldn't get a gameball in a loss...Plus both of his INTs were terrible and he really should have thrown another one.....

Now I know he doesn't get any pass protection...I have complained about the Oline all year....But still he made questionable decisions out there....He still locks on just 1 WR at times....lol Its his 4th year in the NFL its time to work on that....:bigthumb:

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Ok...I actually have followed Ben since before he was a Steeler and I usually defend him more then anyone but no he shouldn't get a gameball in a loss...Plus both of his INTs were terrible and he really should have thrown another one.....

Now I know he doesn't get any pass protection...I have complained about the Oline all year....But still he made questionable decisions out there....He still locks on just 1 WR at times....lol Its his 4th year in the NFL its time to work on that....:bigthumb: He was the only reason we stayed in the game. Every QB makes questionable decisions, but for the most part he played pretty well even though it was a loss. One of his int's was off of a tip, he shouldn't be completley to blame and the other one was just a really good play by drey blye, he probably shouldn't have thrown that one but not just any corner could have made that play. Things that ben does bad, probably holding onto the ball to long is the thing he needs to work on the most, cause when he is decisive, he seems to be as good as any qb in the league

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:59 AM
He was the only reason we stayed in the game. Every QB makes questionable decisions, but for the most part he played pretty well even though it was a loss. One of his int's was off of a tip, he shouldn't be completley to blame and the other one was just a really good play by drey blye, he probably shouldn't have thrown that one but not just any corner could have made that play. Things that ben does bad, probably holding onto the ball to long is the thing he needs to work on the most, cause when he is decisive, he seems to be as good as any qb in the league

He shouldn't have thrown that one that was tipped and he shouldn't have thrown that Bly intercepted....He is a 4 year vet it would be nice to see some improvement in his ability to read a defense...lol

I have followed Ben since he was sophomore at Miami of Ohio and I was praying for the Steelers to draft him before the 2004 draft...But that doesn't mean I'm letting him off the hook in a loss...No player is safe from my wrath.....:lol:

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 02:30 AM
He shouldn't have thrown that one that was tipped and he shouldn't have thrown that Bly intercepted....He is a 4 year vet it would be nice to see some improvement in his ability to read a defense...lol

I have followed Ben since he was sophomore at Miami of Ohio and I was praying for the Steelers to draft him before the 2004 draft...But that doesn't mean I'm letting him off the hook in a loss...No player is safe from my wrath.....:lol::lol: I understand, but I guess I just cant stand being all pissy after a loss, I am bummed for sure but looking at the bright side of things helps keep my sanity :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 02:35 AM
:lol: I understand, but I guess I just cant stand being all pissy after a loss, I am bummed for sure but looking at the bright side of things helps keep my sanity :lol:

I love being pissy after a loss....I can bitch and complain about multi millionaires playing like stiffs.....:bigthumb:

WallyBalls52
10-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Player Of The Game - Ben Roethlisberger, thanks for blowin the game Ben. You helped us out a whole lot.

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 02:57 AM
steelers steve i'm with u, ben was the potg 2 night but he has 2 make better decisions with the ball throwing n2 double coverage isn't going 2 get it an throwing high 2 5 ft recievers isn't going 2 cut it either, we have 2 get ben an 6ft 5 reciever!!

steelcitysfinestXL
10-22-2007, 03:52 AM
I had to listen to the whole game due to the fact that i am working 12 hour midnight shifts... but from what i HEARD i think Miller or Holmes. When our D lets a pathetic O likes denver put a 30 piece on them i cant vote for a single one of them.... I know they had a fumble retunr but its all the same!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
im disgusted by this loss and im debating even wasting my time watching my recording of the game when i get home in the morning!!!

steelersgal86
10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
I do agree...Ben was the reason we got back into the game...but he was also then one to make alot of mistakes early on...so I went with James Farrior

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
It was a tail of 2 Bens' tonight. The Ben that had 2 picks and fumbled a ball that was returned for a TD and the Ben that led down the field on 2 critical TD drives to tie the game.

I'd prefer to have the latter Ben because the first Ben gave me flashbacks of 2006.

GoBenGo
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
PLAYER OF THE HALFGAME, more fitting. Steelers did not show up. period. No emotion, no energy, and no sense of urgency in the first half. Totally phoned it in. :banging:The O line was miserable!That coupled with terrible snaps from Mahan. Smith getting pushed around by 5'11" Dooberville was ridiculous.:willybs: They barely slowed the Donkey Dline and Lbs down on their way to Ben. A line made up of inexperience and rookies! Yes, Ben held the ball toooooooooooooo long. No explaination on that one, he is better than that. ( but it does seem to be an issue) Our DB's , especially Townsend, were doing a lot of watching and not reacting.The last drive:cursin: Let's see, you know they will be throwing, you know where they have to get to ,and you still allow it, that is gettin' beat ,friends:cursin: It was just sad. The Donks brought their A game and we did not. In a game that we could seize control of the division and in the national spotlight. I believe we are an elite team. Others do not because of performances like this. Other than being a fan, it is hard to argue with them. Until we beat or at least play teams like this as we should, we substantiate the doubters.
... and I like Coach T, like him alot, the guy has Ice in his veins. But am I alone in feeling that when you saw shots of him on the sideline, that he looked too indifferent?unphased?:dunno:
Maybe be it is just the way he rolls, but I expected a peak in emotion somewhere in that second half. nope, just chillin' the whole game.:redcool:
The players certainly did not draw any emotion from him.
Just one fans opinion.
Time to Man Up
Let's get it right boys, can't this game to Bungleland.

Dee Mca
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
How about a write in vote? I'm thinking D-sep was the POTG. Even thou he only had 2 punts both was booted high enough to get the defenders under it forcing them to fair catch it. Once making Denver start inside their own 15 and the other at their 25. Giving them a long field to go both drives ended in punts. Not to mention 4 good holds on those extra points. It's not that easy holding for extra points and field goals and extra points. Just ask Romo!!!!
X---Daniel Sepulveda 2- punts 38.0 - yard avg 1-i20 46-lg 4-4 X-point hd's

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
PLAYER OF THE HALFGAME, more fitting. Steelers did not show up. period. No emotion, no energy, and no sense of urgency in the first half. Totally phoned it in. :banging:The O line was miserable!That coupled with terrible snaps from Mahan. Smith getting pushed around by 5'11" Dooberville was ridiculous.:willybs: They barely slowed the Donkey Dline and Lbs down on their way to Ben. A line made up of inexperience and rookies! Yes, Ben held the ball toooooooooooooo long. No explaination on that one, he is better than that. ( but it does seem to be an issue) Our DB's , especially Townsend, were doing a lot of watching and not reacting.The last drive:cursin: Let's see, you know they will be throwing, you know where they have to get to ,and you still allow it, that is gettin' beat ,friends:cursin: It was just sad. The Donks brought their A game and we did not. In a game that we could seize control of the division and in the national spotlight. I believe we are an elite team. Others do not because of performances like this. Other than being a fan, it is hard to argue with them. Until we beat or at least play teams like this as we should, we substantiate the doubters.
... and I like Coach T, like him alot, the guy has Ice in his veins. But am I alone in feeling that when you saw shots of him on the sideline, that he looked too indifferent?unphased?:dunno:
Maybe be it is just the way he rolls, but I expected a peak in emotion somewhere in that second half. nope, just chillin' the whole game.:redcool:
The players certainly did not draw any emotion from him.
Just one fans opinion.
Time to Man Up
Let's get it right boys, can't this game to Bungleland.

He showed some emotion in this game, more than I've seen him show all year so far. We're all just too used to Cowher screaming and getting pumped up; Tomlin isn't like that, he's calm, cool, and even no matter what. We just have to get used to seeing a coach be quiet and composed on the sideline instead of jumping around like a maniac :lol:

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2007, 12:38 PM
It's hard for me to vote for Big Ben.. his fumble that was returned for a TD is really the difference in the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Foote and Farrior have really been stepping it up this year. You could make a case for either one of them.

BR7
10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Cant vote Ben.. TOs were the difference in the game
Cant vote Willie.. Nothing to spectacular
Farrior or Foote.. possibly
Ward.. No TDs but did make a couple key receptions
Woodley.. the almost tri-fecta shouldn't qualify for POTW since it was his only play. Even if he had the sack scoop and score, unless it was the game changing paly, a doubtful vote.

No Heath Miller, 5/50, 2 TDs?? This would be my vote.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:06 PM
I can't believe I forgot to put Heath in the voting this week. If anybody wants to change their vote please let me know because Miller should have definitely been in there.

BR7
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
:bitchslap:

Heath gets my vote for sure. Tim Spaeth a close second.

steelersgal86
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Cant vote Ben.. TOs were the difference in the game
Cant vote Willie.. Nothing to spectacular
Farrior or Foote.. possibly
Ward.. No TDs but did make a couple key receptions
Woodley.. the almost tri-fecta shouldn't qualify for POTW since it was his only play. Even if he had the sack scoop and score, unless it was the game changing paly, a doubtful vote.

No Heath Miller, 5/50, 2 TDs?? This would be my vote.

I agree...i would of voted for Heath also, but since he was not there I went with Farrior:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
:bitchslap:

Heath gets my vote for sure. Tim Spaeth a close second.

Even the local news guy around here called him Tim Spaeth last night during their highlights after the game ! :nono:

BR7
10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I agree...i would of voted for Heath also, but since he was not there I went with Farrior:dunno:

Change it up! :woot:

Even the local news guy around here called him Tim Spaeth last night during their highlights after the game ! :nono:

I was thinking about that after that tard Michales said that.. I even started second guessing myself.. thinking maybe his name is Tim and I was wrong, lol. He said it like 3 times, lol. I just had to Wiki it to see if his middle name is Tim, but no dice.

SteelerFan87
10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
This is a tough one. Ben had almost 300 yards and 4 TDs, and looked very good in the 2nd half, but he also threw 2 picks and looked bad in the 1st half. So I can't really give it to him.
Farrior, with 9 tackles and a sack, that's a solid game. Very solid.
Foote, if I'm reading it right and it says 5 tackles, a sack, an INT, and a FF, that's a huge game. He basically did everything a defensive player can do, except run one back for a TD.
Heath had a great game, with 2 TDs, but I'm going with Foote. Bring back the Stomp! I don't remember seeing him do it at all last night, or at all this season.

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
AFTER WATCHING, AN REWATCHING THAT DEBACLE[/COLOR]NO ONE DESREVE IT BUT BEN DID MAKE SOME PLAYS WITH THAT RAGGEDY OFFENSIVE SO CALLED LINE, BUT IS IT ME OR DOES EBN NOT HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH EVERYONE THINKS HE HAS, 2 ME HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL PASS 50 YARDS ON TARGET!!!!!!!!

GoBenGo
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
It's hard for me to vote for Big Ben.. his fumble that was returned for a TD is really the difference in the game.
Just ask Marvel Smith he had a front row seat for the fumble, luckily he was able to keep his balance.:cursin:

BlitzburghNation
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
My vote goes to Miller,,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

I watched him throw some great blocks,,,,,,,,,Besides his great route running
and awesome hands :clap:

Stlrs4Life
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Santonio Holmes.

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Okay, the fumble was not Ben's fault, I dont think ben was that bad in the first half either. The first drive of the game Ben led the team down to score, he wasn't able to really get into a rythm ue to th o-line and Ward dropped a few that could have been decent gains. I dont think anyone should be POG other than Ben because he IS the ONLY reason we were still in it at the end. His to ints sucked but they do happen and he overcame them and had one of his better games.

Dee Mca
10-23-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll change my vote from being the write-in for D-sep to Heath.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
The voting ends tonight at 9pm !

NOVA STEELERS
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
My goes out to H. Miller

Prosdo
10-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I can't blame Ben for the loss. He was running for his life the whole game and it was his escaping ability that kept us in it. Player of the game goes to Larry Foote though.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 11:14 PM
voting now closed! This was a close one again but Heath pulled it out !

AZ_Steeler
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM
SA's Player of the Game
Week #7

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/potg/2007/week7_potg.jpg