PDA

View Full Version : We had our chances in this game...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Well the come back falls 2 seconds short. Well actually 1 minute short because our defense couldn't stop the Broncos when it counted.

All game long they were inconsistent and then it bit us in the *** tonight because when push came to shove we couldn't get it done. We walked into a buzzsaw tonight in Denver and damn near got blown out. We responded in the 2nd half but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades :banging:

The lack of a consistent running game and the defense giving up big 3rd down conversions just killed us all night, not to mention the first half turnovers. The broncos felt they needed this game and we came out totally flat after that initial TD. We finally get things going and make our comeback only to fall short. This really sux because we yet again blew a golden chance to go up 2 games in the division !!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Its time for Mike Tomlin to start taking some heat.......Two road loses were the team looked flat and really looked like Coach Cowher was still on the sideline.....

Of course Mr. richest contract in team history Troy P didn't do squat again.....The Oline sucks big time....

I'm just glad we can put to rest all the 14-2 talk and stop talking about the Pats......The Steelers stand no chance in New England especially how they have come out flat in two road loses to the Cards and the Broncos.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Tomlin may deserve some heat but lay this one on the players too because they went to crap after that first TD until later in the 2nd half. You can't blame it on Tomlin without laying it on all the players, and not just Troy either.

We did show character and resiliency in coming back in the 4th quarter so give us credit for that but the main thing is we gave up too much in this game especially on 3rd down.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
thanks to clark haggans and james harrison, they got 10 yds on us...**** jason elam...we do all that ****ing fighting at the end, just to **** it up on 2 offsides calls...****ing gay...that was our chance to gain a good lead on the ravens...thank god they're going into a bye...we have 1 more chance to gain that lead

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Tomlin may deserve some heat but lay this one on the players too because they went to crap after that first TD until later in the 2nd half. You can't blame it on Tomlin without laying it on all the players, and not just Troy either.

We did show character and resiliency in coming back in the 4th quarter so give us credit for that but the main thing is we gave up too much in this game especially on 3rd down.

Tomlin is the HC and the team looked like zombies in the Cards game and tonight in the first half......I just wonder if he is alittle to laid back....I'm sorry but he deserves blame.....I constantly found Coach Cowher at fault so I won't stop with Tomlin....Plus until Troy actually does something positive in a football game this year he deserves all the back lash from any fan that dishes it out......He signed the richest contract in team history and for what? No big plays...Hell our D looked better without him in the Seahawks game...lol

This team should have won this game tonight more so then the Cards game....At least the Steelers game was the Cards Super Bowl.......lol

It doesn't matter this team isn't good enough to do squat in the play-offs anyway....I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns take the AFC North...Hell Derek Anderson probably will school us next time....We all know Solider Boy will make Troy his bitch...:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Blah Blah Blah, gloom and doom this and that..gimme a break :bluelol: Give us some credit for coming back in the 4th quarter and nearly sending this into OT. It shouldn't have come to that but it is what it is and atleast we didn't tank the game but rather kept fighting and the offense drove for 2 huge 4th quarter scores.

We still fell short and that's the bottom line but it's not like we suck dude.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Blah Blah Blah, gloom and doom this and that..gimme a break :bluelol: Give us some credit for coming back in the 4th quarter and nearly sending this into OT. It shouldn't have come to that but it is what it is and atleast we didn't tank the game but rather kept fighting and the offense drove for 2 huge 4th quarter scores.

dude it was great that we came back, and we were fighting great...but there's no reason we should have been down like that...denver played an outstanding game though, and i don't think the steelers were expecting that...they're almost last in the league against the run, but they shut willie down for a good part of the game...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 12:50 AM

Credit for losing.....If you're not first you're last......:lol: Really how can you find anything positive in this game?....

We lost to the Broncos and they didn't have Javon Walker or Champ Bailey....lol

I'm sorry this team is vastly over-rated........There was a false sense of greatness when we were blowing out the likes of the Bills and 49ers....lol I know the truth hurts.......

Really I see no difference in this team with Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin....lol So far the Steelers have come out flat and lost games they should have won just like under Cowher.......

I call it like I see it....The Steelers looked like crap tonight so thats what I'm calling them.....crap....lol

Ambridge
10-22-2007, 12:51 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/349970.jpg

My candidate for blame is no one else but Dumb-*** Bruce Arians.
Willie with less than a 100yds=L
Willie with less than 25+ carries =L

Once a Brown.....always a Brown!!

Ibleedblk&gld
10-22-2007, 12:52 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/349970.jpg

My candidate for blame is no one else but Dumb-*** Bruce Arians.
Willie with less than a 100yds=L
Willie with less than 25+ carries =L

they were shutting down the run...he had a few good little breaks, but that's it...

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2007, 12:58 AM
They may have came out flat and the turnovers led to what 21 points? The coaching staff deserves some blame and so does the Oline, and the defense could not make a stop all night.
Give credit where it is due ,like it or not, Shanahan had a great game plan. Give him 2 weeks to prepare for a team and I'd bet he wins at least 3/4 of the time. Rookie coach got schooled by a veteran.
The Oline had an off night again against a smaller, faster line. Somebody please explain to me why Davis is still starting, did he make a decent block all night? Where is this hurry up offense that has been touted all season? Seems to me they could have used it tonite to switch things up.Hey it was nice having that win going into the bye week ,it kept everyone's spirits up, now it's back to the reality of today's NFL.... On any given Sunday ....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Credit for losing.....If you're not first you're last......:lol: Really how can you find anything positive in this game?....

We lost to the Broncos and they didn't have Javon Walker or Champ Bailey....lol

I'm sorry this team is vastly over-rated........There was a false sense of greatness when we were blowing out the likes of the Bills and 49ers....lol I know the truth hurts.......

Really I see no difference in this team with Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin....lol So far the Steelers have come out flat and lost games they should have won just like under Cowher.......

I call it like I see it....The Steelers looked like crap tonight so thats what I'm calling them.....crap....lol

How can you not find something positive here. Yes it sucks that we lost. Yes we had turnovers, yes we gave up sacks, yes we couldn't run consistently, yes we couldn't stop the blitz till the 4th quarter so all that stuff sucked. The broncos were desperate in this game and they felt like they had to have it. We still should have won because that's what championship quality teams too, but we came back and still had a chance in the end. We're still growing and getting better even though we have much to work on.

Having said that, give us credit for not letting them get too far ahead, for us rallying in the 4th quarter for 2 big TD's, for Heath having a big game, for Hines finally getting back on the field and being a contributor, and just generally give us credit for not completely falling apart here. We lost and that's the bottom line and we have much to work on but still there are some things to take from this that were good to build on. We just need to go back and get this OL thing figured out because the blitz is going to keep coming till we stop it.

Koopa
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
smh, i blame two ppl, arians for throwing on the worse rush defense.........willie could've did good if he got it right away, he was breaking some nice runs, like that one drive that went 3 and out, we ran, it went for 8 yards, then we throw two times and it's over.........

and mahan for that low snap and then letting his guy hit ben and then my boy crowder picking the ball up and scoring......

2 losses that have come from scrubs of the nfl

Ambridge
10-22-2007, 01:01 AM
they were shutting down the run...he had a few good little breaks, but that's it...

Coming out passing on the worst rush defense in the league set the wrong tone for the entire game.

Sure the opening Pass dominated TD was nice but it did little to impose a physical beat down on Denver.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:08 AM
The fact that we didn't run that great tonight shouldn't be that much of a surprise. The broncos stacked the line all night with 8 people and dared us to pass. We still should have been able to run more than we did but in situations like that if they are going to give you the pass you have to take it and then loosen up the front guys to run on. We had turnovers and bad throws early on but all day the pass was there. The broncos were hell bent on stopping the run; we should have done better but if you gotta pass then you gotta pass IMO.

either way this loss sucks !

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:11 AM
How can you not find something positive here. Yes it sucks that we lost. Yes we had turnovers, yes we gave up sacks, yes we couldn't run consistently, yes we couldn't stop the blitz till the 4th quarter so all that stuff sucked. The broncos were desperate in this game and they felt like they had to have it. We still should have won because that's what championship quality teams too, but we came back and still had a chance in the end. We're still growing and getting better even though we have much to work on.

Having said that, give us credit for not letting them get too far ahead, for us rallying in the 4th quarter for 2 big TD's, for Heath having a big game, for Hines finally getting back on the field and being a contributor, and just generally give us credit for not completely falling apart here. We lost and that's the bottom line and we have much to work on but still there are some things to take from this that were good to build on. We just need to go back and get this OL thing figured out because the blitz is going to keep coming till we stop it.

Growing? We lost to a struggling Broncos team and they didn't have their best WR and best defensive player.....I don't see that as growing...I see that as no progress at all.......You only think its growing since we started 4-1 by beating down the likes of the Browns, Bills and 49ers....lol

I'm so glad we got that bum Troy for the next 5 or so years when he can't make an impact play to save his life anymore........With that kind of money and rep he needs to make impact plays...Maybe Troy doesn't care anymore since he has a ring and the big pay day......:dunno:

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2007, 01:12 AM
The passing game was a choice but was not very effective. The line had all kinds of problems from them stacking the box. They couldn't get the running game going and couldn't give time to throw....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Growing? We lost to a struggling Broncos team and they didn't have their best WR and best defensive player.....I don't see that as growing...I see that as no progress at all.......You only think its growing since we started 4-1 by beating down the likes of the Browns, Bills and 49ers....lol

I'm so glad we got that bum Troy for the next 5 or so years when he can't make an impact play to save his life anymore........With that kind of money and rep he needs to make impact plays...Maybe Troy doesn't care anymore since he has a ring and the big pay day......:dunno:

yes growing, of course we're still growing. If we were perfect then we wouldn't have to grow. We have much to do and a lot of room for improvement but it's not like we're the worst team around or that Troy is a bad player now because he signed a big deal, comon man you're better than that..LOL. He may not have every big stat covered this year so far but give it time because the defenes as a whole is playing pretty darn good and that's the main thing here. As good as we are playing we still have a lot to work on but I have faith in Lebeau. It takes a team effort. The Offense needs get the blocking figured out and the defense needs to stop giving up the big play. It's not uncorrectable by any means but we still need to address it none the less.

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Easy all you negative nancies, though it sucks to lose, there is always something positive that comes with losing. We are still a very good football team. Denver showed that they are still good too. Ben proved what I already knew, he can be a good leader and move the ball if our running game is stuffed, he did throw two picks but you can hardly blame him for the second one. I also learned that our D has to work on the quick slants and screen passes, we are a top nfl defense but Shanahan exposed what our achilles heal is and I hope we can patch it up before other teams start to catch on. I know a loss sucks, but the season is far from over

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:30 AM
yes growing, of course we're still growing. If we were perfect then we wouldn't have to grow. We have much to do and a lot of room for improvement but it's not like we're the worst team around or that Troy is a bad player now because he signed a big deal, comon man you're better than that..LOL. He may not have every big stat covered this year so far but give it time because the defenes as a whole is playing pretty darn good and that's the main thing here. As good as we are playing we still have a lot to work on but I have faith in Lebeau. It takes a team effort. The Offense needs get the blocking figured out and the defense needs to stop giving up the big play. It's not uncorrectable by any means but we still need to address it none the less.

I think we took a step backwards tonight....I really do...Don't be surprised if the Bengals win next week...lol I will laugh my white butt off to....:lol: I'm sure Mr. Overrated Troy P will have a another non factor game...lol

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Easy all you negative nancies, though it sucks to lose, there is always something positive that comes with losing. We are still a very good football team. Denver showed that they are still good too. Ben proved what I already knew, he can be a good leader and move the ball if our running game is stuffed, he did throw two picks but you can hardly blame him for the second one. I also learned that our D has to work on the quick slants and screen passes, we are a top nfl defense but Shanahan exposed what our achilles heal is and I hope we can patch it up before other teams start to catch on. I know a loss sucks, but the season is far from over

I won't easy........A bunch of you were chalking up 14-2 and talking about the Pats two months in advance when it was premature now you're going to have to put up with me.....lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2007, 01:30 AM
I think we took a step backwards tonight....I really do...Don't be surprised if the Bengals win next week...lol I will laugh my white butt off to....:lol: I'm sure Mr. Overrated Troy P will have a another non factor game...lol

I think your making a little too much of this game...how many points off of turnovers? How many times does Shannahan-job lose with 2 weeks of prep time? It just a single game on the schedule ....

SteelerSteve
10-22-2007, 01:31 AM
I think we took a step backwards tonight....I really do...Don't be surprised if the Bengals win next week...lol I will laugh my white butt off to....:lol: I'm sure Mr. Overrated Troy P will have a another non factor game...lolAre you serious? Troy is one of the best safeties in the NFL, I dont think we took a step back, we just were shown what we need to work on, That is picking up the blitz and stopping short passes

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:34 AM
I think your making a little too much of this game...how many points off of turnovers? How many times does Shannahan-job lose with 2 weeks of prep time? It just a single game on the schedule ....

I agree for the most part. We still need to be a dominating team who comes out and takes care of business no matter what because in January it's win or go home. We need that mentality during the regular season too. The season is far from over and we have a huge divisional game coming up that we have to win so it's not over yet by any means but damn I wanted this game so bad today especially after the ratbirds lost.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-22-2007, 01:42 AM

Probably I am...Its no different then the useless threads that popped up about the easy schedule and talking about the Pats in two months in advance.....lol

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Are you serious? Troy is one of the best safeties in the NFL, I dont think we took a step back, we just were shown what we need to work on, That is picking up the blitz and stopping short passes

Thats it work on blitz pickup and stop short passes and were on the same level as the Pats...lol........

Dude you need an Oline that could actually pass block....the pass protection has been a season long problem...lol Its not going to get better...understand......This Oline can't pass block to safe their lives.....:lol:

Yea all the top safties in the NFL have no sacks and no INTs just like Troy...:lol:

OneSteelSoldier
10-22-2007, 02:02 AM
our defense looked bad.

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Yes this game was ****** and it sucked to lose it the way we did especially coming out flat and not playing with a sense of urgency early on, but the bottom line is the Steelers still are in position with this upcoming schedule to win all of these games and control there own destiny in terms of winning the division and setting themselves off for playoff seedings. They do have a lof things to work on and correct I agree, but you cant go completely nuts here yet and act like the season is over dude. There are still 10 games left in the season. If we beat Cincy next week were 5-2 and pretty much take care of the Bengles in this division, then we got 4 of the next 5 games at home where so far this year the Steelers have virtually looked unbeatable. 3 of those home games are all with division opponents, and the other one being with winless Miami. And the other game is against the Jets who are 1-6 and are falling apart. So while tonight all might be gloom and doom and the season is over looking ahead to this schedule as Ive been doing if the Steelers can just get that game next week in Cincy which I believe they will do, dont be surprised if they win the next 6 games and are 10-2 going into the Pats game December 9th. A little premature to say that probably yes, but this Steelers team is still very very good, and looking ahead to that schedule here the next 6 games before the Pats game, there is not a game on that schedule the Steelers shouldnt win. Especially as I said having 4 of the next 5 at home after the game next week in Cincy. The Steelers are going to be fine, and are still going to be in great shape to win this division I believe, and compete for a top 2 seed in the AFC with the Colts and Pats when all is said and done. You can think Im nuts and an idiot for saying that now but I do believe and I will continue to stick by it much like I did last year with the playoff scenarios where I was basically right in the end too.

AZ_Steeler
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like we should shutdown the forum after a loss so you all can digest it and then come back and talk about it! :haha:

This was your typical game. If your opponent can cash in on turnovers more than likely the opponent will walk away with the win which is what happened here. Stupid penalties that keep a drive going are always back breakers. Care to take a stab at the number of stupid penalties last night? The one that sticks out the most was when Troy went headhunting on Cutler! Take away the stupid penalties and the Broncos are probably kicking FG's instead of Extra Points!

Ben's not going to be able to scramble every week to buy more time. This o-line needs to now **** or get off the pot!

The Steelers just flat out didn't play Steelers football.. you can say Tomlin is laid back, but I think what he has done and how he approaches the game is awesome! If you want to blame somebody on the coaching staff maybe start with Dick and Bruce :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Ben has got to learn to stop holding that ball out when he's getting sacked, I mean my God it right by his side or being held out like a Benjamin to a hooker so it's no wonder he loses it or nearly loses it so often. If he just holds onto that ball and takes the sack this game could have been different.

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 02:09 PM
YEA 2 NIGHT BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES OF BILL "COWARD" DAYSWE SUCKED, BUT I DID LIKE THE FACT THAT BEN KEPT FIGHTING WHILE THE O-LINE IS STILL ON VACATION, IF WE EVER GET THIS LINE 2GETHER WE CAN MAKE SOME NOISE N THE PLAYOFFS, RIGHT TOP GUN GOOD POINT, THE DEFENSE GIVES UP ONLY 21 POINTS WHILE THE OFFENSE I MEAN BEN GIVES UP 7

steelcurtaingal
10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
It was sad, yes, and i think its not just tomlin who deserves some heat, but the entire team. But am i calling it a total loss? no. it was close, but we just couldnt come up with it. it sucks yes, but its not he end of the ****ing world:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2007, 06:25 PM
With it being week 7 and us being in the AFCN which this year is subpar, there's is a ton of opportunities ahead of us,we just need to seize them because that's what championship caliber teams do. Beat the teams you are supposed to and show up every week giving 100 % no matter who the opponent is.

NOVA STEELERS
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
The run game avg was close to 5 yds a carry and with the heat that Ben was under, there should have been more delays or straight up STEELER pounding of the rock........ it did not happen and the way the D made Cutler look like a HOF there is much concern on the Big Games coming up. My pre-season prediction was 10 - 6, after the start of the season and watching the way the rest of the league was going the opposite direction I changed it too 12 - 4....... time will tell the rest of the way GO STEELERS Kick some bungels tails this weekend..........

SteelersWoman
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
.....WHILE THE OFFENSE I MEAN BEN GIVES UP 7

So you don't hold Sean accountable at ALL for practically putting the ball at Ben's ankles? Ben is 6' 5"-- takes him a second or 2 to bend down that far to get the ball--not to mention throwing off his rythm.

I hold Sean responsible for that fumble. And heck--no one's even talking about his very next snap that was thrown too high. He needs to get it together and put the ball where it's supposed to go. Ben's job is hard enough without having to chase the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Mahan has been less than impressive this year so far and I wonder if the team is second guessing keeping him over Okobi? At this point Mahan needs to step up because up the middle is what kills the running game, not to mention the passing game. Pressure from the outside can be avoided by stepping up in the pocket or running the ball up the gut but pressure right up the middle kills everything.