PDA

View Full Version : Football Parity - NFL vs. NCAA

Hawk Believer
10-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I heard a really interesting observation from Micheal Silver the other day on the radio.

He noted that this season, the NFL and NCAA have flipped roles with regards to parity. That is, the NFL appears to be a league in which 2 teams are playing well above the rest of the league (apologies to you Steeler fans) and only a couple of teams appear to have a shot at the title early on. The NCAA, known for having powerhouse dynasties that reduce a field of over 100 teams to only a few teams that have a shot at day one of the season. Thats obviously not the case this season.

Anyway, thought it was an intersting point to discuss. I know you guys would obviously take umbrage at limiting the NFL to 2 teams that have a shot. But I do think its valid to opine that the number of true contenders appears to be pretty small at this early point of the season. And who woudl have guessed the NCAA would be this chaotic....

black an gold 4 life
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
WHO CARES ALL I KNOW IS THE STEELERS R AN NFL TEAM AN THE RAT BIRDS AN BUNGIRLS AN CLOWNS R COLLEGE TEAMS, N MY OPINON LOL

BlitzburghNation
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
WHO CARES ALL I KNOW IS THE STEELERS R AN NFL TEAM AN THE RAT BIRDS AN BUNGIRLS AN CLOWNS R COLLEGE TEAMS, N MY OPINON LOL

Good one :haha: