PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry but this is crap

BBG7
10-16-2007, 02:09 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10410478

SCOTTSDALE, Arizona -- A future NFL champion may someday be crowned overseas in a game witnessed predominantly by a foreign audience, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said.
"There's a great deal of interest in holding a Super Bowl in London," Goodell told reporters Monday. "So we'll be looking at that."

The commissioner said London's Wembley Stadium would make a great candidate for American pro football's biggest matchup, given the opening of the stadium's lastest incarnation and enthusiasm overseas for the game.

The NFL has been expanding its overseas presence for years by televising games around the world. It's held preseason games in numerous countries in Europe, Asia, Mexico and Canada, and in 2005, the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers played the first regular-season match outside the U.S.

The game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City drew the league's largest crowd to date, 103,467.

On Oct. 28, Wembley will host the first regular-season NFL game outside North America. It took just 90 minutes to sell the first 40,000 tickets for the game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants. Goodell said event organizers have sold 95,000 tickets in all.

Goodell spoke about the possibility of a British Super Bowl after a luncheon Monday in Scottsdale sponsored by the host committee for the 2008 Super Bowl in Arizona.

I'm sorry but this is rediculous. I understand there are fans overseas that love the game...but to take the SB away from the fans here is just plain wrong. This is the National Football League and a majority of the fans are here in the United States and they should keep Championship of the National Football League in the Nation.

AZ_Steeler
10-16-2007, 02:12 AM
You're right... that is ridiculous!!! Why would they want to take their one money maker game of the year overseas? They had their chance with NFL Europe and it was a bust... besides they have soccer!!!

MDSteel15
10-16-2007, 02:15 AM
If this happens, Goodell should be kiccked in the nads! :greenkick:

BBG7
10-16-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm already a little annoyed they are playing a game there this year (which is not fair to the teams involved) but come on...our championship. He better just stop thinking about it now unless he wants to see the NFL fans in an uproar.

SteelerSteve
10-16-2007, 02:18 AM
If that happens or is even considered I think we as fans should really consider going on strike so to speak.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Hell NO we shouldn't play the Super Bowl anywhere but in the USA damnit !! This is the National Football League, not the world league here. If Goodell allows this he should be impeached because it's total bullshiat. This is an american game, played by players in america. It's nice to have overseas fans and hell I don't have much of a problem with playing 1 pre season game somewhere else but not the damn super bowl !

AZ_Steeler
10-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Hell NO we shouldn't play the Super Bowl anywhere but in the USA damnit !! This is the National Football League, not the world league here. If Goodell allows this he should be impeached because it's total bullshiat. This is an american game, played by players in america. It's nice to have overseas fans and hell I don't have much of a problem with playing 1 pre season game somewhere else but not the damn super bowl !

Can he be impeached? :dunno:

MDSteel15
10-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Can he be impeached? :dunno:

Fired!?!? Who fires him?

SteelerSteve
10-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Can he be impeached? :dunno:He doesn't need to be impeached, he just needs to be kicked in the nuts and/or castrated

BBG7
10-16-2007, 02:27 AM
anyone know that site to start those online petitions...I say we start it now....that way he will get the stupid idea out of his head!

Dee Mca
10-16-2007, 06:26 AM
well they used this one site for dog the bounty hunters:
http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

steelersgal86
10-16-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm already a little annoyed they are playing a game there this year (which is not fair to the teams involved) but come on...our championship. He better just stop thinking about it now unless he wants to see the NFL fans in an uproar.

:iagree:

PsychoWard
10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
:willybs::willybs::willybs::willybs::willybs::will ybs::willybs::willybs:

Ambridge
10-16-2007, 09:10 AM

That's it right there!!

This thinking of trying "Globalize" the NFL is a load of garbage.
Sure the NFL may gain a few fans in foreign markets but that number would be tiny compared to the number of homegrow American Fans that would Mass Exodus should the NFL be silly enough to hold the Superbowl in a foreign city...let alone holding more regular season games in other countries.

It's a Dumb Idea and I predict it will spell economic disaster/suicide for the NFL.
The NFL will kill the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg(American Fans)and they'll wish they'd never done it.

GoBenGo
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah , they will probably make a ton of money. That is what it is all about anymore, unfortunately. Money, Marketing, and Merchandise.
Let thaem have the world series there! Baseball is a joke anymore anyway. Si'!

floodcitygirl
10-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't like it, not one bit, but this could be a sign of things to come. I wonder how many people actually would walk away from the NFL should they take a SB outside of this country? I'm not sure that it would be a mass exodus?

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-16-2007, 11:59 AM
B.S.

This is an American Game there is no way that the Super Bowl should be anywhere else but in AMERICA !! I believe it would be up to the owners to fire him and hopefully they have the guts to do it !! What next the 4th of July in England or maybe Christmas in Japan ??

Prosdo
10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
This is absolute garbage. Why should the loyal American fans be punished? I don't mind them having preseason games there. Hell they can have all the preseason games, but to take regular season and maybe the SUPERBOWL? Come on now!

black an gold 4 life
10-16-2007, 02:50 PM
well i said all along goodell is full of shiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, he stinks as bad as this country needs money, he wants 2 ship the money 2 london, the superbowl should b played n the northern parts of the states, rather than shipped overseas, we need money here roger goo********!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm all 4 kicking him goodell aka ******** n the azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz an impeaching his stupid azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

steelcurtaingal
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10410478

I'm sorry but this is rediculous. I understand there are fans overseas that love the game...but to take the SB away from the fans here is just plain wrong. This is the National Football League and a majority of the fans are here in the United States and they should keep Championship of the National Football League in the Nation.

Football is an AMERICAN thing, I want it to stay here, football began here.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
did anyone go on this site and notice they have a superbowl XL petition?

Blitzburgh55
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
It will never happen im not worried

K Train
10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
hes all talk

steelrhinos
10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
If i can throw my two pence in....The way i see it is that over here its a delight to have a 'real game'....next week at wembley.The dedicated fans over here outgrew interest in pre season games a long time ago,hence the AMERICAN BOWLS lost popularity(my opinion).Its a PRIVILEGE to have them here next week but NO WAY should the SB leave the USA.Its a fundamental part of your sporting culture-- for the whole country not just the regular fans.
The present administration of the NFL are custodians of the heritage the game represents-- their job is to leave it in a good state for the next generation.Thats the principles i see they should have--i know $$$$$$$ obscure things,but that from here is how i see they should think of it.
Though 'soccer' bores the pants off me i would be as disgusted as the next soccer fan if the FA CUP was played in ******** /place of your choice/ and i would be totally apoplectic if they were to do the same with the RUGBY LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP...i would be looking to shoot someone.

A message board i use over here has suggested his comments are designed to hype the wembley game,i think if that was the case its backfired in a awesome way.
Sorry if i have rambled but felt a comment from over here was worth throwing in.

BBG7
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
If i can throw my two pence in....The way i see it is that over here its a delight to have a 'real game'....next week at wembley.The dedicated fans over here outgrew interest in pre season games a long time ago,hence the AMERICAN BOWLS lost popularity(my opinion).Its a PRIVILEGE to have them here next week but NO WAY should the SB leave the USA.Its a fundamental part of your sporting culture-- for the whole country not just the regular fans.
The present administration of the NFL are custodians of the heritage the game represents-- their job is to leave it in a good state for the next generation.Thats the principles i see they should have--i know $$$$$$$ obscure things,but that from here is how i see they should think of it.
Though 'soccer' bores the pants off me i would be as disgusted as the next soccer fan if the FA CUP was played in ******** /place of your choice/ and i would be totally apoplectic if they were to do the same with the RUGBY LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP...i would be looking to shoot someone.

A message board i use over here has suggested his comments are designed to hype the wembley game,i think if that was the case its backfired in a awesome way.
Sorry if i have rambled but felt a comment from over here was worth throwing in.

No thank you. It's nice to hear an opinion from someone over there. I'm glad you see how important it is to us to keep it here, and like you said, it would be like having a your soccer (football) or Rugby Championship here.

Welcome, Hope you stick around!

SteelersWoman
10-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Agreed. Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. He should be shot for even thinkin somethin so un-American.

TampaSteelGirl
10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
THe thing that makes me mad about this, is that this is AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!! They freaking call soccer "futbol" over there! Soccer is their big sport over there so when did you NFL AMERICAN football become so popular that they want to have a Super Bowl over there! What if the Steelers are in the SB and everyone knows how expensive it is to fly to London yet buy a SB ticket on top of that and why do the English get to enjoy our SB that we've waited for all year long!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll sign a petition!!!!:tt02: :willybs: