PDA

View Full Version : BBQ spare ribs

What
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Ever eat Boneless BBQ spare ribs from a Chinese restaurant?

Ever wanted to make it yourself?

"What" BBQ Spare Ribs!!!

Here you go:
1 cup Water
6 tablespoons Sugar
1 tablespoons Salt
1/2 cup La Choy soy sauce
1/4 cup Rice wine
1 cloves Garlic
3 slices Ginger root
3 lb Pork -- butt, shoulder, or tenderloin.

Cooking prep:
Heat water and add sugar and salt, stirring until melted. Remove from stove. Add soy sauce and rice wine. Smash, peel, and mince garlic, and add to the soy sauce mixture. Peel and mince ginger root and add. Mix well. Place meat in a bowl and pour the mixture over it. If meat is not completely covered,
you will need to turn it frequently as it marinates. Allow it to stand in the refrigerator for 48 hours.

(You can cheat and make the marinating time shorter -- never shorter than 6 hours -- but the longer the time, the more the meat will tenderize and absorb the fine flavor.) Pour off marinade, but do not wipe meat. Place the meat on a rack in a baking pan.

Cooking:

Heat oven to 450-degrees. Bake the meat for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 250-degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Turn meat over and bake for another 30
minutes. All Done and Enjoy! Serve with white rice!
Family recipe <---Love being asian!

floodcitygirl
10-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Yum! Do you think I could substitute Splenda for the sugar and have it be ok? I'm guessing I would have to cut back on the amount?

BBG7
10-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Yum sounds good...I will have to give it a try. Thanks for posting!

Dee Mca
10-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Since your in Ohio and I'm here in Indiana. When you make them ribs swing by and drop some off. Don't worry about making enough for everyone here b/c I'm pretty sure I am only person in building with real teeth.

steelersgal86
10-13-2007, 01:11 PM
wow...I do love the chinese boneless ribs...thanks for posting:bigthumb:

Dako
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Yum! Do you think I could substitute Splenda for the sugar and have it be ok? I'm guessing I would have to cut back on the amount?

So far, Splenda has worked well for everything I tried cooking. Let me know how it turns out for you.

KY TITAN
10-27-2007, 04:43 PM
:banana: SOUNDS LIP SMAKEN GOOD :nahnah: