PDA

View Full Version : Davenport In Trouble with the Law

Iron City South
10-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Looks like the Dump Truck is now officially a wanted man in Cleveland .... :nono:

http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_278143230.html

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4614772&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Police Release 911 Tapes Of Davenport Dispute

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Cleveland police investigating a domestic dispute involving a Pittsburgh Steeler have released 911 tapes from three people – including one from a witness who described a man punching a woman.

According to police, an apparent custody dispute led to an altercation between Steelers Running Back Najeh Davenport and the mother of his 5-year-old son, Anita Person, last night in Ohio.

A woman who asked not to be identified told emergency dispatchers about "a situation" in which a woman and "her baby's father" were arguing. "He was just punching all on her and she was screaming, 'help.'"

The anonymous caller went on to say that the man "keeps circling around the block."

Davenport, however, denied the claims that he hit Person -- telling a Cleveland television station that he never touched the woman.

He says the trouble started when he went to pick up his son for a custody visit. He says he had court paperwork stating that he could pick up his son for visitation; but Person grabbed the little boy out of his moving vehicle and took off.

"I got a court order to pick up my son," Davenport told a 911 operator, "and when I came to pick him up, she said I had to take him as is – with no clothes. And it's in the order that she has to provide clothes for him."

"When I left," Davenport added, "when I was pulling out with my sons in my car. She jumped in my car to take him back.. out of a moving car!"

Police did not arrest anyone involved in the incident. In a statement, Cleveland police said: Officers responding to the scene of the dispute gathered information from both parties to the dispute as well as witnesses. No arrests were made as investigating officers were unable to determine a primary physical aggressor in the dispute.

The parties involved, however, could still pursue charges against each other.

Stay with KDKA for more on this story

floodcitygirl
10-11-2007, 11:00 PM
http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Steeler RB Charged for Domestic Incident in Cleveland
Last Edited: Thursday, 11 Oct 2007, 8:09 PM EDT
Created: Thursday, 11 Oct 2007, 8:09 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najeh Davenport has been charged with domestic violence, endangering children and unlawful restraint.
SideBar

Related Items
Stories
Contact Fox 8
Links
Pittsburgh Steelers Website

After investigating an early October domestic incident involving 29-year-old Najeh Davenport, the Cleveland Police department announced today that charges have been brought against the Pittsburgh Steeler's running back.

According to Cleveland Police Lt. Thomas Stacho, Davenport has been charged with domestic violence, endangering children and unlawful restraint.

Davenport is not currently in custody and will be given a chance to surrender to police on the charges.

On Thursday, October 4th, at 8:52 p.m., Cleveland Police investigated a report of a domestic dispute at 1374 E.115 Street.

According to Stacho, the incident involved Davenport and the mother of his 5-year old child, Anita Person, 27, of Cleveland.

The dispute resulted from a custody matter involving Davenport's and Person's child.

Cleveland Police received three 9-1-1 calls between 8:45 p.m. and 9:02 p.m. from individuals at the house where the incident took place.

No arrests were initially made as officers were unable to determine the primary physical aggressor in the dispute.

If convicted Davenport could face more than 1 year in jail, 6 months for domestic violence, 6 months for endangering children and 60 days for unlawful restraint.

Just freaking great! Uggghhhhh!

Stlrs4Life
10-11-2007, 11:06 PM
WTF! Well, what can you say about this? If true, we need to, well I hate to say what we have to do.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't think he will serve any jail time.......Its not like he has a track record....only shitting in a female students closet while he was at the U...lol As for domestic violence.....Its such a touchy subject and I really don't know the facts since I wasn't there...But I can't stand women beaters.....But when there is kids involved people do crazy things...I hold judgment on Dookie when more of the facts become more clear.....Still never good when a Steeler is in the police radar......Maybe we can lay of the Bengals and jail cracks now...lol

K Train
10-11-2007, 11:30 PM
lol one alledged arrest will not make up for 11 convictions lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2007, 11:36 PM
lol one alledged arrest will not make up for 11 convictions lol

No it doesn't but still maybe karma is biting us in the ***..lol I don't like to spit into the wind....:lol:

K Train
10-11-2007, 11:38 PM
he played at miami.....this was to be expected

BBG7
10-11-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't think anything will happen with this. Like B@G said, I wasn't there, but it seems like the mother was as much at fault as he was. I guess time will tell.

black an gold 4 life
10-11-2007, 11:47 PM
i know the parties n questions i know the female i use 2 work out with her, she had no marks on her, but najeh had marks on him he's not an woman beater!!! so if they didn't arrest him at the scene when police arrive how r u gonna determine three days later he's guilty? this is bull shiaaaaaaaaat

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2007, 11:47 PM
he played at miami.....this was to be expected

true very true.....:lol: Hey players are not perfect.........so Davenport maybe made a mistake so I can give him a second chance......if it is found he is guilty.....:bigthumb: I just hate the fact a Steelers player is in trouble with the law.....lol

BBG7
10-11-2007, 11:49 PM
i know the parties n questions i know the female i use 2 work out with her, she had no marks on her, but najeh had marks on him he's not an woman beater!!! so if they didn't arrest him at the scene when police arrive how r u gonna determine three days later he's guilty? this is bull shiaaaaaaaaat

well if this is true...justice will be served!

K Train
10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
No arrests were initially made as officers were unable to determine the primary physical aggressor in the dispute.

if this isnt concrete evidence what is? lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2007, 11:51 PM
He's not going to do any jail time for this. He'll get a nice fine and community service and we'll move on. It's not like he wearing black n orange stripes on sunday afternoons :lol:

We don't usually have to deal with this kind of stuff so it always sucks to see one of our own get himself in trouble like this.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2007, 11:52 PM
He's not going to do any jail time for this. He'll get a nice fine and community service and we'll move on. It's not like he wearing black n orange stripes on sunday afternoons :lol:

We don't usually have to deal with this kind of stuff so it always sucks to see one of our own get himself in trouble like this.

I agree he won't get any jail time......He will be there every Sunday doing his Heinz Hop....:lol:

black an gold 4 life
10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
see it's bull shiaaaaaaaatttt the police didn't arrest anyone at the scene? this is unfair 2 najeh, the mother must b vindictive or should i say her freind who called an said the man is PUNCHING HER N THE FACE OR HEAD?BULLLLLL SHIIIIIAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

K Train
10-11-2007, 11:56 PM
see it's bull shiaaaaaaaatttt the police didn't arrest anyone at the scene? this is unfair 2 najeh, the mother must b vindictive or should i say her freind who called an said the man is PUNCHING HER N THE FACE OR HEAD?BULLLLLL SHIIIIIAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
take it easy, she doesnt need to get punched in the face lol

Koopa
10-11-2007, 11:59 PM
well when it comes to professional athletes, my opinion will always be the same, it's just a gold digging bitch wanting money so she is accusing him of beating on her..........bitches are crazy when it comes to famous ppl.......... look what happened to holmes rookie year, dude had no problems, but once he became a nfl player his ex bitch accused him of beating on her........

but if dookie does get suspended by that hoe bag commish, then it will give gary russell a chance to ball it up lol

**off topic: i'm merging floods and ics threads cause they are the same thing lol**

K Train
10-12-2007, 12:02 AM
well when it comes to professional athletes, my opinion will always be the same, it's just a gold digging bitch wanting money so she is accusing him of beating on her..........bitches are crazy when it comes to famous ppl.......... look what happened to holmes rookie year, dude had no problems, but once he became a nfl player his ex bitch accused him of beating on her........

but if dookie does get suspended by that hoe bag commish, then it will give gary russell a chance to ball it up lol

off topic: i'm merging floods and ics threads cause they are the same thing lol

word...

SteelersWoman
10-12-2007, 04:04 AM
If he had really beaten her, wouldn't it have been very apparent to the cops the night of the incident? He's a big guy, I'm sure he's strong, and if he was "beating" her the way the caller claims, you'd think she'd have looked like a piece of hamburger. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2007, 06:56 AM
If he had really beaten her, wouldn't it have been very apparent to the cops the night of the incident? He's a big guy, I'm sure he's strong, and if he was "beating" her the way the caller claims, you'd think she'd have looked like a piece of hamburger. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

:iagree:

Somethings smells rotten in Cleveland and it's not just the town or their sports team. Im sure she's spent every day with her lawyer since the incident trying to figure out how she can get her hands on some of his money.

ARKIESTEEL
10-12-2007, 07:37 AM
WTF! Well, what can you say about this? If true, we need to, well I hate to say what we have to do.

I with you on this I like the guy but if this is true then he has to go!!

okiesteeler
10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
This is a move by the cleveland police to arrest one of our players to give their browns a chance when they play us again

Iron City South
10-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Misdemeanor charge to boot ... Naj had all his court papers with him saying he could pick the kid up. He even called the police for help getting him.

This is nothing more than a bitter ex wanting some revenge. After all, this is the crazy bitch that didn't want to put clothes on the kid then ran out into the street as he was pulling away and opened the door of his moving vehicle to pull the kid out of the car!

Meth whore ....

floodcitygirl
10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Hold up....now she's automatically a whore??? Keep in mind.....he picked her so what's that say about him?

I'll wait and reserve judgement on both sides on this one. If he did beat her up, he should be gone. If she's making false claims and got her girlfriend to call 911 to have it recorded for her, she should be brought up on charges.

If he anticipated problems with this woman when he went to get his get his kid he'd have been wiser if he would have prearranged to bring an officer as well as the court papers with him. God knows plenty of people do. And, at the very least, given his position, at the first sign of problems with her not giving up the child, he should have walked away and called 911. It would have saved him alot of trouble and the team this distraction. :2cents:

BBG7
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
What I really don't understand is why they didn't arrest him at the scene. If he beat her like the women claims...she would have been pretty beat up. I think this story is a lot of bogus and I think it will disappear. And if the mother was really goung to send her 5 yr. old son with no clothes and pulled him out of a moving vehicle...then she should be having the charges pressed against her. This story just doens't add up.

memphissteelergirl
10-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Misdemeanor charge to boot ... Naj had all his court papers with him saying he could pick the kid up. He even called the police for help getting him.

This is nothing more than a bitter ex wanting some revenge. After all, this is the crazy bitch that didn't want to put clothes on the kid then ran out into the street as he was pulling away and opened the door of his moving vehicle to pull the kid out of the car!

Meth whore ....

OK..I'm not with you on that last comment, ICS....I don't know if the woman's on meth or not, but this whole thing doesn't smell right to me. Why wait until now to press charges? And if there was any proof of violence, why didn't the cops see it right away?

That said, all the facts are not known and I pray for Najeh's sake (and his son's) that this will all work out. However, if it comes to light that he was violent with her (no matter what she did on her part), the Steelers cannot have that sort of distraction in the locker room...as much as it pains me to say it....cut him.

Iron City South
10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
the Steelers cannot have that sort of distraction in the locker room...as much as it pains me to say it....cut him.

:hilarious::lol::hilarious::lol:

yeah, cut him because this crazy bitch wouldn't give him his child when he had the papers in hand to pick him up. Now there's justice ...

Chances are, the team is behind Naj and know all the facts. Naj being charged is only a result of a very suspicious 911 call that came in at the exact time Naj was calling 911 to ask for police back-up because he was being attacked by a crazy woman.

Don't you realize that the local authoritities always side with the woman (regardless of how crazy) in situations like these? (at least at first). Especially when the other party is a 6'2" 245lb man.

I'm confident that justice will be served in the end and this crazy bitch will be exposed for the gold digging whore that she is. My guess is that she's trying for some of his money behind the scenes through lawyers. :yesnod:

Women get crazy in the head when it comes to professional athletes. They see big dollars and realize that if they can get one to bang them on a regular basis ... it could lead to a life of luxury, no work and always having good benefits regardless if they marry them or not.

GoBenGo
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
There is still a lot of haze as to what actually happened. Unfortunately, out of three 911 calls, two were from her side,and, whether right or not, the onus is on Formula 44D to prove his innocense. With only one witness, being a friend of this Cleveland see you next tuesday, the deck is stacked against him. He will have to fall back on more than his track record. He needs an ally in this. Those penalties are stiff! And take the charges literally and I would say they are justified, but this just feels like there is a lot of embellishment on the part of those Browntown tramps.
I am going to give him the benifit of the doubt, based on the character it takes to be a Steeler. I only hope he doesn't get railroaded.
At least he didn't Ohjay her.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

memphissteelergirl;152495]OK..I'm not with you on that last comment, ICS....I don't know if the woman's on meth or not...
your right, it was probably crack.

floodcitygirl
10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
:hilarious::lol::hilarious::lol:

yeah, cut him because this crazy bitch wouldn't give him his child when he had the papers in hand to pick him up. Now there's justice ...

Chances are, the team is behind Naj and know all the facts. Naj being charged is only a result of a very suspicious 911 call that came in at the exact time Naj was calling 911 to ask for police back-up because he was being attacked by a crazy woman.

Don't you realize that the local authoritities always side with the woman (regardless of how crazy) in situations like these? (at least at first). Especially when the other party is a 6'2" 245lb man.

I'm confident that justice will be served in the end and this crazy bitch will be exposed for the gold digging whore that she is. My guess is that she's trying for some of his money behind the scenes through lawyers. :yesnod:

Women get crazy in the head when it comes to professional athletes. They see big dollars and realize that if they can get one to bang them on a regular basis ... it could lead to a life of luxury, no work and always having good benefits regardless if they marry them or not.And so from this post, you not only have the inside scoop as to what really went down with this incident but you also know the inner workings and mindset of all local police departments and in addition, the motivations of all women in general.......Whatever dude???!!! :lol:

Oh, and btw, of course I hope that this turns out to be false allegations against Davenport and from the little that I've read, it is suspicious that not even the officers on the scene were willing to make a judgement to file charges. However, more than that, I hope that these parents can start putting the best interests of the child first.

SteelerFan87
10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
So let's see here. No arrests were made at the scene because police couldn't tell who was the "primary aggressor". That tells me right there Najeh didn't hit her. If there was evidence she had been hit and he wasn't, they would have arrested Najeh on the spot. If there was evidence he had been hit and she hadn't, they would have arrested her. If there was evidence both of them had hit each other, Najeh would have been arrested because he's a man, and they'd give the woman the benefit of the doubt. So I would say there was probably no evidence that either of them had been hit. So then, if Najeh didn't hit her, what could she possibly accuse him of? Taking his son? He had a court order to take his son. Plus, Najeh called 911. Why do that if you just beat the mother of your 5 year old son? So it seems police couldn't really come to any definitive conclusions, but if either Najeh or the woman wanted to press charges, they could. I think I read in the post-gazette a few days ago that Najeh was considering pressing charges, and also that the woman pressed her knee against his other son's chest until the kid started crying, in order to get Najeh to give her the 5 year old. But it looks like the bitch pressed charges first, probably counting on the fact that she's a woman accusing a man of domestic violence to get her full custody of the kid, and get back at Najeh. What bullshit. It's crap like this that hurts women who really are victims of domestic violence.

Iron City South
10-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Good post 87 ...

Doesn't bode well for this bitch's case that she decided to have a press conference 2 hrs. after the incident inviting all the local Clevaland media to come and listen to her plight with not a scratch or a bruise on her body. :lol:

If Dookie is guilty of anything, it's being a dumbass for not shedding himself from these lying trashy ho's a long time ago knowing his pro player status, paycheck, and benefits make him a target for them.

Ambridge
10-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Good post 87 ...

Doesn't bode well for this bitch's case that she decided to have a press conference 2 hrs. after the incident inviting all the local Clevaland media to come and listen to her plight with not a scratch or a bruise on her body. :lol:

If Dookie is guilty of anything, it's being a dumbass for not shedding himself from these lying trashy ho's a long time ago knowing his pro player status, paycheck, and benefits make him a target for them.

Stupid Davenport!!
That's what he gets for messin' with those Brown-Town Skanks.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2007, 07:28 PM
So let's see here. No arrests were made at the scene because police couldn't tell who was the "primary aggressor". That tells me right there Najeh didn't hit her. If there was evidence she had been hit and he wasn't, they would have arrested Najeh on the spot. If there was evidence he had been hit and she hadn't, they would have arrested her. If there was evidence both of them had hit each other, Najeh would have been arrested because he's a man, and they'd give the woman the benefit of the doubt. So I would say there was probably no evidence that either of them had been hit. So then, if Najeh didn't hit her, what could she possibly accuse him of? Taking his son? He had a court order to take his son. Plus, Najeh called 911. Why do that if you just beat the mother of your 5 year old son? So it seems police couldn't really come to any definitive conclusions, but if either Najeh or the woman wanted to press charges, they could. I think I read in the post-gazette a few days ago that Najeh was considering pressing charges, and also that the woman pressed her knee against his other son's chest until the kid started crying, in order to get Najeh to give her the 5 year old. But it looks like the bitch pressed charges first, probably counting on the fact that she's a woman accusing a man of domestic violence to get her full custody of the kid, and get back at Najeh. What bullshiat. It's crap like this that hurts women who really are victims of domestic violence.

Great post man, couldn't agree more :yesnod: If Davenport is smart he'll press counter charges against her. It seems like this is a no win situation for either one so if it does go anywhere it'll probably just settle and be done with. Either way she wins cuz she bound to get some money out of him :nonod:

SteelerFan87
10-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Good post 87 ...

LOL WTF?

Who holds a press conference to talk about their domestic violence case? Who holds a press conference to talk about ANY case where they're pressing charges? It's looking more and more like this bitch isn't a victim, she's just trying to make Najeh one.

dick rasile
10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
What was with the story that he had papers that allowed him to pick up his children for a visit. If that was true then what Law Did He Break, just being a Steeler in dogcity.

Dako
10-13-2007, 04:09 PM
if convicted, does that mean we have to trade him to the bengals?