PDA

View Full Version : TOMLIN on sirius,,,,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Another Q&A on sirius,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Pat Kirwin :Coach tomlin ,you looked very relaxed before the game
and looked like you were ready to go......

Tomlin : I'm all for the challenges of the game & if you can't stand up to that, you need to find another profession , we had a great opportunity to show them what we were all about & that's the way we approached it,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: Seattle is no flunky & there a very good football team
and you guys minus ward & all the "D" players that were out,,,How you guys controlled the clock & ran the ball was exceptional,,"talk about your team"

Tomlin : these guys have alot of character & we had o run the ball over 40 times with all our wr's out,,,,,,, Seattle done a gd job holding willie to 18 yds at the half,but we couldn't go away from it,,,,,,,,What we learned from this game is to just keep pounding & thats what pittsburgh is & najeh
is a good guy to pound it with & he done a very good job for us,,,,,,, :clap:

Tim Ryan: Bye coming at a good time for 'ya "huh" coach,,,,

Tomlin: "yeah big time" we need to get some guys healthy & during this bye week weare gonna get our young guys an opportunity to grow
and work on elements of there game 'uh' it's obvious that threw the course
of the season these guys have to step up, that's why we are out here working and continue working through thursday & the guys will have a three
day weekend off,,,,,,,

Tim Ryan : Talk about the emotion of CHUCK KNOLL being there at the game,,,,

Tomlin: Oh man,,,,,,I was in aw,,,,,first of all i was surprised & didn't know he was going to be there but that's chuck knoll and 'uh' you know we are walking on the ground that he paved and it was an honor to see him
and meet him,it was very special,,,,,

Pat Kirwin: going into the game,,,,,did you really expect to control the game the way you did,,,,,,

Tomlin: Well your always hopeful,but 'uh the reallity of it is it's probably going to be ugly and we were prepared for that 'um' we were just trying to compete for a win and that was the end result "which was a good thing"

Tim Ryan: Tell us about the diesel,,,,,I know he's not getting alot of sacks,but we are big fans of the diesel and his play on the field,,,,

Tomlin: This guy is playing great ball & we ask alot from him & he's
always coming through for us,,,,,,,he's very smart & a heckuva football player
and is a big reason we are having the sucess we are having,,,,,,

Tim Ryan: Talk about smith,carter & clark "how they played minus troy out there"

Tomlin: Well for one thing, we talked about it from day one, that the expectations do not change regardless of who's on the field, 'uh' when opportunitys present themselves, ' these players have to step up to the challenge "which they did" Not only did they play well, but we called defenses
the same & never changed our menu,,,,,,, They were sharp & played great!

Pat Kirwin: Tell us how the weeks go along,what are you learning from dick labeau,,,,,,,

Tomlin: It's a joy working with him & all my staff,if you don't come to work wanting to learn more about this game,'uh' your n a good football coach
I love that & inneracting with the players,fans etc..... I love competing,we have the best jobs in the world,,,,,,,Dick is incredible this guys been in the league 49 years as a player and a coach,'umm' it's just Quality time and there's not enough hours in the day to share that stuff with everybody :lol:

Tim Ryan: Last thing & we'll get 'ya outta here,,,,You were in tampa &
in Minnesota "have you ever been around a fan base like the steelerfans"

Tomlin: There is no fan base like STEELER NATION 'uh you hear about it from the outside,but to be a part of it 'uh' it doesn't take long to realize that it's one of a kind,,,,,,,:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BBG7
10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Tim Ryan: Last thing & we'll get 'ya outta here,,,,You were in tampa &
in Minnesota "have you ever been around a fan base like the steelerfans"

Tomlin: There is no fan base like STEELER NATION 'uh you hear about it from the outside,but to be a part of it 'uh' it doesn't take long to realize that it's one of a kind,,,,,,,:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Another great interview by Tomlin....I love the last awnser!!!

Friday133
10-09-2007, 09:17 PM
FYI its Noll not Knoll. Good post as always!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Im not sure anybody really can understand the Steeler Nation until you become a part of it. Any team can say their fans are great but ours are truly one of a kind. Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

floodcitygirl
10-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Nice interview. Thanks for posting it.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Good read.

GoBenGo
10-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Tomlin : I'm all for the challenges of the game & if you can't stand up to that, you need to find another profession , we had a great opportunity to show them what we were all about & that's the way we approached it,,,,,,
:hail:ICET :redcool:- The Tomcat:tomcat:!
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelersgal86
10-10-2007, 05:21 AM
nice interview :bigthumb:

ARKIESTEEL
10-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Nice of him to take the time to throw a bone at the fans......to many times players and coaches alike forget we pay their wages:nono:

black an gold 4 life
10-10-2007, 11:56 AM
EXCELLENT INTERVIEW MIKE IS AN BEAST!!! HE AN PROVEN WINNER WITH ALOT OF SUCCESS 2 FOLLOW GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghNation
10-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Gonna try to post his weekly interview every week,,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Quote: (((((((( FYI its Noll not Knoll. Good post as always! ))))))

"I know how it's spelled ,,,,, Pleeeeeeze forgive me :haha:

Stlrs4Life
10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise really.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise really.

Yeah that's kind of what we expect him to say and be like in interviews now. Calm, cool, unassuming, relaxed, yet still focused and realizing that there is much work to be done.