PDA

View Full Version : Calling time outs from the sideline

StlersGuy
10-09-2007, 03:58 PM
with all the talk about coach's calling timeouts right before a kicker goes to kick what could be the game winner... What do you think ? Is it ok for the coach to call a timeout right as the kicker lines up to kick (last sec) or should the NFL crack down on this rule....

BBG7
10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
It's part of the game. I say deal with it. If it's not a coach calling it a player on the field could do the exact same thing. Who cares if it messes with the kickers head...all players on the field try to get in the opponents heads.

AZ_Steeler
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Let it be because it only adds more drama to the game especially last nights game (Dallas vs Bills)! These kickers are professionals and it's what they get paid to do, so they need to be prepared for it....

How about that kicker from the University of Arizona though!!!! :cope:

Dee Mca
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I say let it be as well one of these times the coach will be late. Then he'll get grilled all week why didnt he ice the kicker.

Ambridge
10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
It's part of the game. I say deal with it. If it's not a coach calling it a player on the field could do the exact same thing. Who cares if it messes with the kickers head...all players on the field try to get in the opponents heads.

I couldn't agree more!!
Every player on the field has to deal with pressure on the field for the entire game so why shouldn't the kicker get his fair share when it's time for him to kick.....especially when it's a potential game winning or game tieing FG??

BlitzburghNation
10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Long as it's in the rule book,,,,,,,, I say it's a gamble either way,,,,,
What if he calls timeout & the kicker misses it :haha:

GoBenGo
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Bush league move. At least it gives the kicker a live warm up shot:yesnod:
I don't see why every team doesn't just go through with the snap and the kick every time regardless of the called TO. IMO I'd kick better, at least more confidently, knowing I already made it once. If I missed it , I know the adjustments. better odds of making 2 than missing 2.

Timeouts should be called by a player, possibly even designate one or two per side( of, df)
It was embarassing when Cowh...(shivers) did it.

BBG7
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
It's part of the game and the NFL Network has been talking about this a lot in the past 3 weeks....it's what it is!