PDA

View Full Version : Browns guard Eric Steinbach calls Vrabel "classless"

BBG7
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM
STEINBACH CALLS VRABEL 'CLASSLESS' by Michael David Smith

Browns guard Eric Steinbach is furious with Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel for a hit Vrabel delivered late in Sunday's game after the Browns spiked the ball to stop the clock.

Although it was garbage time with the Patriots up 34-17, both the Browns and Patriots had their starters on the field, and the Browns were running a hurry-up offense when quarterback Derek Anderson spiked the ball with 11 seconds left. After the spike, Vrabel hit Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, knocking him back, and then knocked Anderson down with a hit to the back of Anderson's leg. For some reason, no flags were thrown, and the Browns were not pleased.

"Classless. You can quote me on that,'' Steinbach said, as reported by Marla Ridenour of the Akron Beacon Journal. ''To dive for a guy's knees like that, to almost take out the quarterback when the game is already over with?''

Whether the game was already over with or not is irrelevant -- the Browns had their first-team offense on the field trying their hardest to score, so there's nothing wrong with the Patriots having their first-team defense on the field trying to keep them from scoring. But it's extremely strange that the officials didn't throw any flags, either on Vrabel or on Steinbach or Browns center Hank Fraley, both of whom hit Vrabel in retaliation. Steinbach said he hopes the league takes action.

''You've got to get fined for that,'' Steinbach said, per the Beacon Journal. ''Maybe he doesn't care about a $5,000 fine, but that's $5,000. I wouldn't want that reputation.''

Steinbach also expressed anger that the Patriots are often referred to as the "model franchise."

"Everyone looks up to them in the NFL like they're the team that does everything right,'' Steinbach said. ''How are you going to have a player like that go and do that at the end of the game? That just doesn't show professionalism. I don't care if the game is won or lost, you don't do a move like that.''

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

here's another link to a different story:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3054983

I personally think the Pats are about as classless as a team can get, and it makes me sick how the media just idolizes them. I also found it classless that they threw on 4th down for another TD. There were :57 seconds left in the game. No way the Browns rebound from that. I did watch that hit he is referring to, and it was completely uncalled for.

K Train
10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
win no matter what.....patriots motto

and they do live by it

SteelerFan87
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Man, first Wilfork takes out Losman's knee and now Vrabel tries to take out Thomas's knee. I wonder if all the Pats fans that think the Steelers are taught to go after guys' knees think the Pats are taught the same thing?

GoBenGo
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
no place in football for crap like that . a buck-eye. figures

Ambridge
10-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Vrabel's an ***!!
I still remember him with the borderline taunting against the Eagles in SB XXXIX.

The Patriots are the biggest passive agressive frauds when it comes to playing by the rules when on the field.

I don't know how many times I've seen Tedy Bruschi giving the extra curricular forearm at the end of plays and getting away with it........Rodney Harrison......his rep speaks for itself.........and a few other Belicheaters pushing the rules on the field.....ala Willie McGinnest playing injury oppossum against the Colts a couple season ago.

The whole Pats organization smacks of Smuggery starting with Robert Kraft
who pretty much looked the other way when the "Hoodie" was caught cheating and punished by the Commish.

Dee Mca
10-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I wish I could remember where I read it. I read that Kraft was instrumental in the hiring of the new commish. I do believe it now that the whole cloak and dagger video tapping lost tape crap happened. Where the Pats got off with a fine they can pay off with the beer sales from a few games. So it really isn't worth the time to call them classless or cheapshots or expect fines cause it wont happen or it will be almost nothing if it does happen.

BlitzburghNation
01-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Just another reason for me too hate the patzeez,,,,,,,:bigfinger: THEM !!!!

MDSteel15
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Can someone tell me how an old,:scratch: second-tere,:scratch: cut by the Steelers linebacker:scratch: all of the sudden becomes Pro-Bowl material??? Can anyone say HGH? I truly believe this azz is on roids!